MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

11 hours ago, WoooSW said:

Still waiting as well. Frustrating! Do you know what the registrar has to assess? I'm assuming its just verifying our credentials then we are good to go fingers crossed.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! It's so frustrating and anxiety provoking to be waiting this long. Do you know if people who have gotten the nomination to get accepted be ever rejected by the Dean? I'm just considering applying for the UWindsor MSW which application closes on March 15, but I honestly don't want to go through the work of applying again if I have a chance to be accepted into Dalhousie.

13 minutes ago, Sat30984 said:

Just an update for anyone who applied to UVic Advanced MSW- My portal status changed to "Recommended by Department". Didn't get an email notification though, just happened to check! 

Congrats! Mine is still showing under review, but good to know that it is updating today

Just wanted to share I just received an acceptance from the foundation program at Windsor (2 year)! Feeling super relieved because this is my second year and this process and the uncertainty it brings really is the worst! Still waiting on other schools but excited to have a good option! Good luck for everyone! 

I just got an update saying I was waitlisted at U of Toronto for the advanced standing MSW! I only applied for the Health and Mental Health stream. Does not feel as good as being accepted, but there is hope! Good luck to everyone else! If anyone who got an offer to U of T thinks they might not be attending U of T, can you let us know or if you know you will be declining your offer. 

Edited by angelicpiano

2 minutes ago, angelicpiano said:

I just got an update saying I was waitlisted at U of Toronto! Does not feel as good as being accepted, but there is hope! Good luck to everyone else! If anyone who got an offer to U of T thinks they might not be attending U of T, can you let us know or if you know you will be declining your offer. 

I will likely be declining UofT since I got a pretty solid funding offer through McMaster, it is the Social Justice and Diversity stream I was accepted into

2 minutes ago, sworkerr said:

I will likely be declining UofT since I got a pretty solid funding offer through McMaster, it is the Social Justice and Diversity stream I was accepted into

Thanks for letting me know! I got into the Health and Mental Health stream. I probably should have specified that in my post. I am glad you got solid funding through McMaster. I wish you all the best!

30 minutes ago, Sat30984 said:

Just an update for anyone who applied to UVic Advanced MSW- My portal status changed to "Recommended by Department". Didn't get an email notification though, just happened to check! 

I don't want to say anything for sure but mine says the same thing and I googled - naturally - here is what reddit says: 

40 minutes ago, angelicpiano said:

I just got an update saying I was waitlisted at U of Toronto! I only applied for the Health and Mental Health stream. Does not feel as good as being accepted, but there is hope! Good luck to everyone else! If anyone who got an offer to U of T thinks they might not be attending U of T, can you let us know or if you know you will be declining your offer. 

That’s great! Congrats! Is it true Advanced standing or regular track MSW?

45 minutes ago, Happinessadvocate said:

this may be a silly question, but I’m trying to accept my U of T advanced standing offer. I’m technologically challenged and have no idea how to sign the PDF? Is there a simple way to do this? 

Hey! I sign all of my documents online through a website called docusign. I made a free account a couple years back and its really served me well. Once you figure out the website its pretty user friendly!

its real! the invitation on acorn really means you're in! OMG!

Congratulations to everyone else who got in. For those who are on the waitlist, I really hope you squeeze in! I was on the waitlist for the 2019 admission for the 2 year program and it was tough!

Edited by Siofra

1 hour ago, Siofra said:

its real! the invitation on acorn really means you're in! OMG!

Congratulations to everyone else who got in. For those who are on the waitlist, I really hope you squeeze in! I was on the waitlist for the 2019 admission for the 2 year program and it was tough!

Hey! Did you end up getting into the program?!

2 hours ago, ManukaHoney said:

Hey! Did you end up getting into the program?!

Hey there! 

I ended up accepting a post-degree BSW from McMaster and removing myself from the wait list in the April of that year. I will never know whether or not I was close enough to get in

8 hours ago, MSWanxietyyyy said:

Got waitlisted for UofT mental health and health stream as well aghhh

Does anyone know approximately how many people get waitlisted?? 

Seems like A LOT of people were waitlisted. All my friends were waitlisted 

11 hours ago, mswdalll said:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! It's so frustrating and anxiety provoking to be waiting this long. Do you know if people who have gotten the nomination to get accepted be ever rejected by the Dean? I'm just considering applying for the UWindsor MSW which application closes on March 15, but I honestly don't want to go through the work of applying again if I have a chance to be accepted into Dalhousie.

From what I understand a lot of grad programs send a reccommendation from the school to the university registrar. I haven't spoke to anyone who has applied for grad schools about what the process is like and if they were rejected by the registrar.... I feel pretty confident that they will just be checking credentials and we are in if nothing was amiss with them. I applied to the bsw online part time. I've seen some ft people say they received their letters already.

Received my offer from UofT (Advanced Standing MSW) this morning - Health and Mental Health Stream. I received the update via SGS. I do have a JOINid, but for some reason I'm not able to log onto ACORN.

Last initial is G!