MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

On 3/21/2023 at 9:56 PM, SearchForMeaning said:

Lol we are all overanalyzing. With that said, I still think it would be a huge pain for an admission committee to go out and obtain official transcripts on behalf of 800+ applicants, so I really do like to think that they would only go through the trouble for applicants they are seriously considering admitting. But the timing very likely means nothing, my last name initial is C and I got the same message you got just today.

I believe universities only request official transcripts (i.e. those sent directly from a former university and paid for by the applicant) after granting a formal acceptance. From my understanding, all acceptances are conditional until the official transcript is produced.

No e-mail or notification for me, but the date shown on the portal for my transcript is December 29th. When I first saw it, I assumed it just meant my application was being processed in some way.

Edited by RosieTheNanny

6 minutes ago, RosieTheNanny said:

I believe universities only request official transcripts (i.e. those sent directly from a former university and paid for by the applicant) after granting a formal acceptance. From my understanding, all acceptances are conditional until the official transcript is produced.

No e-mail or notification for me, but the date shown on the portal for my transcript is December 29th. When I first saw it, I assumed it just meant my application was being processed in some way.

I think you're very likely right.... the timing of me getting that arbitrary notification threw me off, considering that admission decision might just come any day now!

2 minutes ago, SearchForMeaning said:

I think you're very likely right.... the timing of me getting that arbitrary notification threw me off, considering that admission decision might just come any day now!

I'm totally on high-alert too. Knowing U of T started to release acceptances this week last year has me refreshing my ACORN every hour now. 😄

1 hour ago, RosieTheNanny said:

I'm totally on high-alert too. Knowing U of T started to release acceptances this week last year has me refreshing my ACORN every hour now. 😄

I hear you. With the greatest exercise of self-control that I could muster, I've committed myself to "only" check my ACORN 4 times a day 😅

Edited by SearchForMeaning

10 minutes ago, SearchForMeaning said:

I hear. With the greatest exercise of self-control that I could muster, I've committed myself to "only" check my ACORN 4 times a day 😅

They told me we won’t hear anything until mid-April this year, but I’m really hoping that isn’t true!

Hello! I have offers for Dal and University of Calgary right now and am unsure where to choose. I've barely heard anyone talk about Calgary and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that (i.e. bad reputation). It's the clinical stream I've been accepted to. 

3 hours ago, jjandboyd said:

Hello! I have offers for Dal and University of Calgary right now and am unsure where to choose. I've barely heard anyone talk about Calgary and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that (i.e. bad reputation). It's the clinical stream I've been accepted to. 

Hey I also got accepted to Calgary's clinical stream! Feel free to DM me :)

I got my results back a few weeks ago - rejected from Waterloo and waitlisted at UVIC. I still have to wait on Laurier.... my GPA is high and I have 7.5 years of experience, but I think the barrier is that I am just finishing my BSW this year (I also hold a bachelors in Psych, but I understand advanced standing programs are competitive). I'm curious if anyone has been accepted or has experience with being waitlisted at UVIC? I would like to get an idea of how good my chances are but im not super hopeful! 😕

Does anyone know what order the admissions committee usually put out acceptances, rejections, and waitlists? I'm wondering if there is an order to this or if all three typically come out at the same time? I'm curious if schools generally put out acceptances for grad programs first and then waitlists and rejections after or vice versa. 

I would love to know if anyone has any insight to this!