MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

12 minutes ago, Samantha123 said:

I wonder if what they meant was that all decisions will be communicated by mid-April? Or at least I hope so lol. Mid-April just seems too brutal considering they were on-time releasing the advanced standing decisions 

Yeah I'm going to assume it's an "all decisions will be sent out by mid-April" type of thing just for my own sanity. 

21 minutes ago, Samantha123 said:

I wonder if what they meant was that all decisions will be communicated by mid-April? Or at least I hope so lol. Mid-April just seems too brutal considering they were on-time releasing the advanced standing decisions 

No they meant not to expect anything until then. I think the first decisions are coming out then and then will continue into the spring 

14 hours ago, jmcinn97 said:

Congratulations on your likely acceptance to uVic! I considered applying there, but maybe next year if I don’t get in anywhere this year haha. 😅

Sorry about the rejection to Carleton, though. Had your application status changed before you got your rejection? 👀

My McMaster offer included TAing hours in the offer

**responded to the wrong person, whoops**

Edited by sworkerr

22 hours ago, Liv987 said:

No they meant not to expect anything until then. I think the first decisions are coming out then and then will continue into the spring 

I looked into last year's thread and domestic applicants who applied to the 2-year track started hearing back from UofT around March 23! I also saw that they also got told the same information - that all decisions will be communicated around mid-April. Hopefully it will be around the same for this year's round of applications too.

12 minutes ago, msw2325_ia said:

I looked into last year's thread and domestic applicants who applied to the 2-year track started hearing back from UofT around March 23! I also saw that they also got told the same information - that all decisions will be communicated around mid-April. Hopefully it will be around the same for this year's round of applications too.

Good to know- I’m hoping to hear SOMETHING sooner than later! Especially considering how early their submission deadline is

Hi everyone!

Just wondering for those who have accepted UofT Advanced Standing health & mental health stream - does anyone know how we can go about taking a course in the summer before we start? I've heard from friends who are currently doing the program that it's a good idea to get the research course out of the way. I'm just trying to get more info about this to see if it's offered online and if it's asynchronous? 

If anyone knows or has any info, that would be appreciated!! :) 

For Waterloo, I think I I remember reading that you can accept an offer without paying a deposit. For those that got in, was there any timeline or indication of when you would have to pay? I'm waitlisted so hoping there will be some movement on the list around that time. 

7 minutes ago, jjandboyd said:

For Waterloo, I think I I remember reading that you can accept an offer without paying a deposit. For those that got in, was there any timeline or indication of when you would have to pay? I'm waitlisted so hoping there will be some movement on the list around that time. 

Hey, so I was accepted into Waterloo, and there is no deposit to pay for the program. We just had to send two emails outlining our commitment to the program to accept the offer. As far as I know, no money will be requested until the program begins and we need to pay tuition. Also, those who were accepted only had 10 business days to respond to their offer, so those on the waitlist should be seeing some movement soon. 

Edited by MSWanxietyyyy

1 hour ago, MSWanxietyyyy said:

Hey, so I was accepted into Waterloo, and there is no deposit to pay for the program. We just had to send two emails outlining our commitment to the program to accept the offer. As far as I know, no money will be requested until the program begins and we need to pay tuition. Also, those who were accepted only had 10 business days to respond to their offer, so those on the waitlist should be seeing some movement soon. 

I was shocked we didn’t have to pay a deposit. I’m grateful for the deferred break though. 

12 hours ago, MSWanxietyyyy said:

I also got in to Waterloo. I believe we are sent a package in may that has info on payment. Also because of the 10 days to respond they advised me that they expect people who have accepted to later decline their offers as other schools release results. For me this is true for Laurier which I’m waiting for. 

18 hours ago, coffeegirl20 said:

Hi everyone!

Just wondering for those who have accepted UofT Advanced Standing health & mental health stream - does anyone know how we can go about taking a course in the summer before we start? I've heard from friends who are currently doing the program that it's a good idea to get the research course out of the way. I'm just trying to get more info about this to see if it's offered online and if it's asynchronous? 

If anyone knows or has any info, that would be appreciated!! :) 

I'm not in the same stream but I've been wondering about this, too!  I haven't been able to figure it out 🥴

Still waiting to hear back from U of T advanced stream. I got permission to submit my application in late because I had COVID. How healthy is checking ACORN every 15 minutes? LOL

Hey y’all! My application status for the 2 year MSW at Carleton changed to ‘review in progress by department’ on Friday and I just got word a little bit ago that I’ve been placed on the waitlist. They’ve claimed to have sent out offers to more than their intended target of 25 students and there needs to be more than 10 declined offers to see any movement on the waitlist… so if you intend on declining your offer or declining your waitlist position to/at Carleton, please do so 😂

Edited by jmcinn97

Im staring to freak out about not receiving the Dalhousie letter from the registrar after being reccommended for admission about a month ago! In case anyone else is I will post here once I get it. Can anyone else still waiting do the same? TY!!

I got waitlisted for UofT for the Advanced Standing Health and Mental Health stream, really trying not to lose my mind as UofT is my first choice, and the only other school that I am waiting to hear from is Lakehead :( I hope they don't keep people who are waitlisted in the dark for too long. I'm also unable to login to my ACORN account for some reason..

Quick question, I am filling out the Waitlist confirmation form that is supposed to be completed and uploaded to SGS but I actually forgot what other stream I applied to aside from Health and Mental Health lol. Does anyone know if there is any section on the application where we can review the field of study choices that we made?