MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

6 hours ago, Torrberry said:

Updating everyone - I was waitlist for Waterloo on Feb 17, today I got accepted! Best of luck all!

Oh really? That's great! It gives me some hope. I was waitlisted on the same day and figured the waitlist might not move until tuition is due (since there was no deposit required to accept).

15 hours ago, MelanieMacroBabe said:

Yes, my portal got updated last week Friday - I was accepted into the program. My last name starts with an A if that helps :) 

Did you get an email with an offer letter or an email saying your portal was updated? Or did you just find out by checking your portal?

On 3/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, sworkerr said:

My McMaster offer included TAing hours in the offer

**responded to the wrong person, whoops**

Hey! Curious what stream of MSW you got into at Mac, the CA or CL? I was rejected from CA, but waiting to hear back to see if I got into CL. I'd love to chat about your credentials. From my experience, McMaster mostly accepts students into their MSW who have completed their BSW at Mac. 

On 3/1/2023 at 3:13 PM, Siofra said:

Hi all,

Got an update from Acorn for UofT's advanced standing. I have an invitation and I paid the deposit, but it still doesn't feel like I got in! I'm still waiting for a confirmation letter or admission decision email or SGS update before I say I'm for sure-for sure admitted. I applied for the Gerontology stream, and my last name begins with R.

I'm waiting to hear back from McMaster now!

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 3.11.51 PM.png

Did you hear back from McMaster yet? What stream did you apply to at Mac?

Just now, dunnowhatimdoing321 said:

I applied to Western advanced standing. Have you heard back from them? 

No not yet but I've been waitlisted at 2 other schools and rejected from one other so I'm anxiously waiting to see about this one as it's the last I will be hearing from! 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:03 PM, ramo06 said:

No not yet but I've been waitlisted at 2 other schools and rejected from one other so I'm anxiously waiting to see about this one as it's the last I will be hearing from! 

I was told we would start hearing back next week!

4 hours ago, rmc123 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Laurier about when we will hear? I am so anxious!

Depends which program you applied to. Applicants to the online regular track MSW will start hearing back in May according to their website 👀

5 hours ago, rmc123 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Laurier about when we will hear? I am so anxious!

Im waiting for the on campus advanced standing. Their website says March for that stream 

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has received notice about U of T's 2-year program (not advanced standing?) I'm seeing decisions for advanced standing went out at the beginning of the month. 

EDIT: okay I'm seeing that a lot of folks are in the same boat, so never mind - BUT, I did want to add that a friend in their first year of the program told me acceptances went out March 30 last year.

Edited by counsellingapplicant23

2 hours ago, Torrberry said:

Update for York applicants, they called me yesterday as part of first round offers and I have been accepted to the full time program full ride plus more due to my gpa.

Im stuck between choosing UW or York - anyone have thoughts on which path to take? 

Do you know if they’re doing advanced standing and regular track at the same time?

4 hours ago, counsellingapplicant23 said:

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has received notice about U of T's 2-year program (not advanced standing?) I'm seeing decisions for advanced standing went out at the beginning of the month. 

EDIT: okay I'm seeing that a lot of folks are in the same boat, so never mind - BUT, I did want to add that a friend in their first year of the program told me acceptances went out March 30 last year.

I'm in the same boat. Just to add on some more dates.

2021 - Waitlisted on April 9th

2022 - Waitlisted on March 30th

2023 - ???

On 3/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, Liv987 said:

Did they tell you this? And when did you speak with them? I feel like they keep pushing it back a week or 2

Yes - I was told this directly from the school. This was early this week - Monday, I believe.

5 hours ago, counsellingapplicant23 said:

No one has yet.

1 hour ago, BingBongBingBong said:

I'm in the same boat. Just to add on some more dates.

2021 - Waitlisted on April 9th

2022 - Waitlisted on March 30th

2023 - ???

I thought I read on here that we wouldn't hear anything until mid-April, but it'll happen for sure within the next month or so. Distract yourself because creeping on these forums won't do you any good!