2023 Fall Sociology Applications - Support, Advice, Results, Etc

SportySpice

42 minutes ago, ohnoherewegoagain said:

hi you all! i just received an email from UF (university of florida) inviting me to a "prospective graduate student virtual visiting day." is this indicative of an acceptance or potential acceptance? i would love some insight if anyone knows!

I received the same invitation too.  

9 hours ago, ohnoherewegoagain said:

hopefully it's indicative of an acceptance! i can't think of a reason why they would invite us to a visit day just to reject us. are you thinking of going?

The visits via zoom. My invitation was for zoom meeting. Are you an international student or American?

On 2/24/2023 at 3:54 PM, bigtyme said:

Any news from Northeastern? Was told they'd send decisions by EOW. 

Also, how about Boston college?

Sorry to bear bad news: BC PhD acceptances are out, they are having a visit day for accepted students March 1.

Two years ago they rejected me from PhD and offered me a spot in the MA program (that offer came in early March), which I accepted. Happy to chat if you find yourself in the same position and are considering it. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, sugarplz said:

I applied too, and heard nothing yet; but I remembered that there were some result updates earlier.

On the result page? I have not been able to find any sociology USC results - but I may have not looked thoroughly enough haha. Do you remember approximately when that was?

Keeping fingers crossed for you too then!

10 minutes ago, eeela said:

On the result page? I have not been able to find any sociology USC results - but I may have not looked thoroughly enough haha. Do you remember approximately when that was?

Thank you! I just did a quick search, and found several posts on the result page (I typed "University of Southern California "):

Acceptance: 01/24 (3); 01/25(1), 01/26(1);

Rejected: 02/14 (1);

If these posts are true, they have already released 5 offers. 

15 hours ago, eeela said:

Hi - There haven't been any official updates yet. I received an email notifying me of my rejection while I would imagine others must have got their unofficial admission through the email too. Portal is yet to be updated.

18 hours ago, thirdoneisthewinner said:

Has anybody heard about JHU? 

On 2/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, PeteButtigiegtiktoker said:

Any news about Hopkins?

Hi, I'm sorry to have to share it like this but I personally don't like to be kept in the dark myself, so: I got accepted around mid-February. They accepted 10 students out of 200 apps. I do not know anything about the WL, though. I am considering the offer but if I decide I can't take it I will notify them immediately.

Edited by Jsmom

5 minutes ago, Jsmom said:

Hi, I'm sorry to have to share it like this but I personally don't like to be kept in the dark myself, so: I got accepted around mid-February. They accepted 10 students out of 200 apps. I do not know anything about the WL, though. I am considering the offer but if I decide I can't take it I will notify them immediately.

Hey! No worries! Thank you for the insight. Do you mind if I ask you about your research interests?