2023 Fall Sociology Applications - Support, Advice, Results, Etc

SportySpice

Does anyone know the UT Austin waitlist process? I have looked in past years on grad cafe and it doesn't look like anyone has been waitlisted. I know they've sent out acceptances and rejections, but I've heard nothing. Do they usually notify you if you've been waitlisted or leave your application as "Under review" until you've either been rejected or accepted? Thanks in advance! 

Edited by blueberrymuffin123

4 minutes ago, gruze said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear from UCLA? I've seen a bunch of acceptances and rejections come through, but I still haven't heard a word.

They've been doing their admissions on a rolling basis so far, but I don't think they've sent out any rejections yet.

23 hours ago, nicolesaparty said:

Can anyone confirm the Brandeis interview? 

got an email yesterday about them making inerviews with top applicants. They'll be interviewing this week

Hello, anyone heard anything from Cornell Soc? Also- waitlisted for funding at Rutgers and seems like theres a lot of us... I'm nervous. Anyone have more info about that? Very confusing that its an "acceptance" but that they only provide admission to fully funded students... lol

Does anyone get rejection by Vanderbilt? I know that some applicants already received their acceptance mail from the department. But Vanderbilt does not send me any rejection mail nor update my application status. I should consider this as a rejection, right?

Anyone know roughly how many people are on the waitlist for CUNY GC? I am currently waitlisted and very excited and nervous about this because CUNY is my first choice. Also, if you applied to CUNY before, any insights about their admission process, particularly on waitlisting. Thank you! Best of luck to everyone :)

On 2/15/2023 at 3:09 PM, olivecords said:

Hello, anyone heard anything from Cornell Soc? Also- waitlisted for funding at Rutgers and seems like theres a lot of us... I'm nervous. Anyone have more info about that? Very confusing that its an "acceptance" but that they only provide admission to fully funded students... lol

I was an applicant from earlier rounds and was once admitted to Rutgers but waitlisted for funding as well. I got a funded offer on April 14 as people finally began to decline offers. I also declined it, and then the offer moved to the next on the list. Things will move very quickly when it gets closer to the April 15 deadline. I believe Rutgers's top choices are very likely to decline the offer, so there's still hope. Hang in there, folks!