Fall 2023 Biomedical Sciences U.S. Ph.D. Program Applications

immuno.virology

Just now, mi-toe-sis said:

What is an informal invite? Can you share with us what it said? Does it mention in-person or virtual?

This is the whole email:

"I am pleased to inform you that after a highly selective review of your application by the Admission Committee of the Developmental Biology Ph.D. Program, we invite you to participate in the Stanford Biosciences Ph.D. Admissions Interview Session.  The Stanford Biosciences Program has a unique structure. Home program environments are tailored to the interests and backgrounds of individual students, while interaction between programs promotes scientific exchange and discourse.  Because of the unique nature of the Biosciences Home Program system, we hold only one interview session, so that we can maximize interactions of our applicants with each other as well as with the current students and faculty across the Biosciences.  This year the interview session will be virtual and run from Tuesday, February 14 through Thursday, February 16, 2023 .  Please save the dates! You will receive a formal invitation letter from Developmental Biology in the upcoming weeks with additional information. In the meantime, we are excited to meet you and look forward to seeing you in February! 

Important Notes: 

The fourteen Ph.D. Admissions Committees all operate on their own timelines, so your friends and coworkers may or may not have heard from another Biosciences Program yet.  Please understand that "no news does not mean bad news", as many Programs will complete their admission process in mid-January.  So, please keep this in mind when sharing your good news with others. 

You may have questions about the details of the Interview Session, but Stanford University will be closed from Wednesday, December 21 through Tuesday, January 3, so staff will not be available to respond to questions.  In early January, you will receive additional material from the Biosciences Ph.D. Admissions Office about the Interview Session."

5 minutes ago, greendgreenday said:

This is the whole email:

"I am pleased to inform you that after a highly selective review of your application by the Admission Committee of the Developmental Biology Ph.D. Program, we invite you to participate in the Stanford Biosciences Ph.D. Admissions Interview Session.  The Stanford Biosciences Program has a unique structure. Home program environments are tailored to the interests and backgrounds of individual students, while interaction between programs promotes scientific exchange and discourse.  Because of the unique nature of the Biosciences Home Program system, we hold only one interview session, so that we can maximize interactions of our applicants with each other as well as with the current students and faculty across the Biosciences.  This year the interview session will be virtual and run from Tuesday, February 14 through Thursday, February 16, 2023 .  Please save the dates! You will receive a formal invitation letter from Developmental Biology in the upcoming weeks with additional information. In the meantime, we are excited to meet you and look forward to seeing you in February! 

Important Notes: 

The fourteen Ph.D. Admissions Committees all operate on their own timelines, so your friends and coworkers may or may not have heard from another Biosciences Program yet.  Please understand that "no news does not mean bad news", as many Programs will complete their admission process in mid-January.  So, please keep this in mind when sharing your good news with others. 

You may have questions about the details of the Interview Session, but Stanford University will be closed from Wednesday, December 21 through Tuesday, January 3, so staff will not be available to respond to questions.  In early January, you will receive additional material from the Biosciences Ph.D. Admissions Office about the Interview Session."

This is super helpful, thank you so much! Congratulations, and good luck with your interviews!!!

I worked at Yale and heard that they already sent out all interviews

49 minutes ago, immuno.virology said:

Thanks! Yeah I don't know how they are organizing the way they are releasing invitation invites for Harvard Immunology. I have not heard anything from them, so hopefully you are right and they are slowly sending invites :)

As for Yale Immunology, I actually received the interview invite last nigh at 10:30 PM EST which is so late. I'm not sure if they sent the invites all at once or like you mentioned for Harvard Immunology, by batches.

14 minutes ago, mi-toe-sis said:

I misspoke, mine actually came out at 2:30 PST like shockadeli (I was just estimating before I hadn't actually checked). So it seems like they sent them all out at the same time, but I could be wrong. Hopefully you get one if there's more coming!

Sound good! Thanks. Regardless if it’s all out I’m very happy for you two! Smash that interview and good luck !! :) 

1 hour ago, Tanzila Ismail said:

I sent them an email an hour ago! Will update what they say!

I emailed Tim Sullivan in GEMS. He is out of office until Jan 3. I remember him saying they are planning to send out invites before holidays ?

But I also saw in the results section that invites came as late as Mid Jan last year for interviews in the month of Feb.

Edited by Mustang_97

9 minutes ago, Mustang_97 said:

I emailed Tim Sullivan in GEMS. He is out of office until Jan 3. I remember him saying they are planning to send out invites before holidays ?

But I also saw in the results section that invites came as late as Mid Jan last year for interviews in the month of Feb.

I hope we get to hear back from them soon! this is becoming too stressful

4 hours ago, Mustang_97 said:

Someone on reddit that got an interview said there was a internal deadline to respond by 12/20 to which dates they were available for upenn igg. Guess that means everything is out unless they do another batch

On 12/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, newtoCMB said:

I just did my interview and I think I got nervous and botched it. Lets hope for the best.

Did you heard anything from CU Anschutz yet? I saw someone updated on gradcafe result that they got interview. Also, they told me that they will sent out invites this week.