2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

8 minutes ago, TerribleTowel said:

That's interesting, I didn't know they interviewed their finalists. Where did you hear this?

I learned it from a fellow applicant who has already been interviewed. Posts on the GradCafe survey from past circles also indicate that the committee may interview some of the finalists, if not all of them, so it is still possible to get accepted without being interviewed first!

31 minutes ago, Gabbiew said:

I learned it from a fellow applicant who has already been interviewed. Posts on the GradCafe survey from past circles also indicate that the committee may interview some of the finalists, if not all of them, so it is still possible to get accepted without being interviewed first!

Thanks for sharing! Hope you get good results if you applied there!

57 minutes ago, Gabbiew said:

Thanks for sharing this! Could you tell us which field they interviewed? 

On 1/26/2023 at 10:36 PM, Tutankhamun said:

I don’t wanna revive the topic, but giving the absence of rejections from Princeton days passed, I guess we can infer that all that noise was an amazing/terrible work of a professional troll ?

It seems to be an annual tradition.

On 1/26/2023 at 11:21 PM, lalalalalala123 said:

Didnt receive anything. But they look so real

Don't worry about it. Acceptances tend to come via email between Feb 7-10 and rejections follow on the portal.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:14 AM, polisci320 said:

Last year Princeton acceptances came in on Feb 7

Precisely. 

On 1/26/2023 at 11:46 PM, MooseTracks said:

do you guys think the troll is reading this page? earlier, I had asked when people thought the results would come out, and the next day coincidentally a bunch of results were posted (even tho the troll usually appears earlier in the cycle). and someone brought up that no rejections were posted up today, and then a bunch of rejections were posted a few hours later. seems sus.

Probably. Happened last year too - always about a week or so before acceptances are sent out. 

11 hours ago, macshmai said:

Saw more results for Politics at Princeton, but I haven't received anything. Just checked spam.

Don't worry about it :)

To all my fellow anxious Princeton people, stay strong --- the lucky few who make it will get emails in a little over a week.

10 hours ago, okiedokie..... said:

Congrats! May I ask what's your field? 

My field is AP, political behavior. Guessing the process is rolling, since I submitted my application to Vandy very early (like 1 month before the deadline). Since they said they would get in touch with shortlisted people until Feb. 6th, I think there must be a lot of interviews (or other forms of contact) on the way

21 hours ago, qampus said:

AN UPDATE ON MIZZOU:

The decisions are going to be released sometime next week at the earliest or the week after at the latest.

Your siganture says you got rejected from WUSTL. Did you get an e-mail? Because I'm waiting but no response.

1 hour ago, bfil said:

Your siganture says you got rejected from WUSTL. Did you get an e-mail? Because I'm waiting but no response.

I got an email to check my status page - and there is said that I had been denied admission. That’s it.

I assume you might have been put on hold, or they are just busy and will send the rest of the letters sometime soon.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:47 AM, Hazel C said:

Hi, I am very nervous waiting the decisions. To be ready for the results, 

Penn State, Georgetown : I haven't received any interview offer. Assuming rejection 

Pittsburgh, Northeastern, Rutgers, Boston Uni : No news yet 

Is it correct? Please let me know if anyone knows about this! 

My friend received a rejection from Rutgers last week.

2 minutes ago, juliacar said:

Oh really? For Poli sci? Mine still says under review 

I'm not sure.... I heard it from a group of friend that we're in, not directly from him. He applied for Rutgers New Brunwicks tho

12 hours ago, display name mliu said:

My field is AP, political behavior. Guessing the process is rolling, since I submitted my application to Vandy very early (like 1 month before the deadline). Since they said they would get in touch with shortlisted people until Feb. 6th, I think there must be a lot of interviews (or other forms of contact) on the way

Got it. Thanks! Good luck with ur application!

18 minutes ago, FrickinPolisci said:

Claim the UCSD rejection. I'm pretty disappointed as I believed I was a strong candidate for that program. Damn you UCSD :(

So sorry to hear! I'm sure you'll have better offers!

But this is indeed super weird... considering the number of applicants that UCSD may have, it doesn't make sense that we've only seen one result so far... yet maybe this is because you're super strong and they felt like they're obligated to notify you first?

@randomsinging, based on @FrickinPolisci's post on the results page, they applied to two programs. My guess is that the public affairs program just released results, and the P.A. program must've reached out to the political science department so that they could send a single result. If this year's results are released at about the same time as last year's results, we should expect UCSD political science results this week.

@FrickinPolisci I'm sorry they didn't admit you. Admissions are really random, so you very likely could get into a better program. Don't worry, let's hope for the best in the next few weeks!

On 1/27/2023 at 5:59 PM, politicallygrad said:

Can't wait for February to arrive. I know that Cornell has already gathered it's admission committee. NW says "in a few weeks" (assuming 3 weeks). Waiting for BU but I lost my hope for January. My gut tells me it is postponed to first week of Feb

Quick edit to this.

NW said to be *completed* in a few weeks. Previous years they sent results in couple waves. The site also says to be completed in February. Perhaps we could hear some acceptances for some sub-fields in the near future.