2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

13 minutes ago, caa_17 said:

For those of you who haven't been accepted to OSU, does the status on the buckeye portal says "pending"?

Mine does and I don't know if it will be a rejection or a waitlist. I was interviewed and basically they only ask me to which other universities I applied and where did OSU rank on that list, which was a little weird.

Wow, that is a really strange interview, I’m not even sure how I would have answered ?

18 minutes ago, randomsinging said:

Email to check applyweb. An official letter issued by grad school, stating a $42k package but without details.

Congratulations for your acceptance from Brown University :) Are you international applicant or American applicant? 

I'm new to this grad cafe business and this seems like the thread to be at since all info science threads are quiet.

Any news on information science programs at Cornell/UMich/Illinois/UPenn? Its much later than previous years and everything remains pretty quiet on the results page. One or two interviews here or there but not at the volume there was in previous years.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, theorysc said:

Feeling so anxious! Just found this forum today. I'm waiting on Harvard, Yale, Berkeley, San Diego, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Northwestern, U Chicago, and Minnesota. 

Any slightest idea when Minnesota and NW might possibly appear?

A few days ago someone on here said to expect NW in a few weeks.

From 2 cycles ago, the NW process was (notoriously) disorganized and incommunicative. They typically release a batch of acceptances and then ghost everyone else for a few months before updating portals with rejections. 

1 hour ago, anonymousvulture said:

Cool! Thanks and congrats!

1 hour ago, Gabbiew said:

Congratulations!! $42K is a remakrbly generous package!

1 hour ago, PolGrad said:

Congratulations for your acceptance from Brown University :) Are you international applicant or American applicant? 

42 minutes ago, coffeeman123 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Thank you all! I’m an international applicant but is doing a masters degree in a US institution so all my letters are from US faculty members. $42k is an astonishingly generous package I’d say. I didn’t expect it at all.

20 minutes ago, randomsinging said:

Thank you all! I’m an international applicant but is doing a masters degree in a US institution so all my letters are from US faculty members. $42k is an astonishingly generous package I’d say. I didn’t expect it at all.

Well deserved, I'm sure. And thanks for bringing in some momentum to this Tuesday! 

26 minutes ago, randomsinging said:

Congratulations and wish you Best of luck for your other applications:) Did you apply for Comparative Politics Tracking and at which University are you doing your Master degree?

14 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

Congratulations and wish you Best of luck for your other applications:) Did you apply for Comparative Politics Tracking and at which University are you doing your Master degree?

Yes I’m on CP track. But I prefer not to state my masters program to keep anonymous. Sorry about that!