2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

Still, anyone hearing back from Notre Dame? The deadline for virtual visit invitation is tomorrow (Jan 26th), yet the last post about interview on the GradCafe is from Jan 11th.

Is the admission committee really waiting until the final day to send out all the notifications? Or is it that applicants who already received interview invitations are just not so active on the GradCafe? ? 

2 hours ago, Gabbiew said:

Still, anyone hearing back from Notre Dame? The deadline for virtual visit invitation is tomorrow (Jan 26th), yet the last post about interview on the GradCafe is from Jan 11th.

Is the admission committee really waiting until the final day to send out all the notifications? Or is it that applicants who already received interview invitations are just not so active on the GradCafe? ? 

I also have not heard anything back from them, my application is not necessarily great so i am not expecting much, but i do think there should be some more virtual visit invitations to be sent out today (or at least i really hope so too)

The interview invitations posted here were sent  very very early, and i would expect if they had sent all the invitations already, then we would have seen more submitted here. 
We can only wait and see at this point ? good luck! 

Edited by Abditorium

39 minutes ago, Crossed_fingers said:

Received the official email from Ohio State where they say they have a “quirky” funding process. Anyone know anything more about this? 

I’m also wondering haha 

17 hours ago, bfil said:

About WUSTL: I have not received any response. No rejection, no acceptance. What should I expect? I applied for comparative politics field and I think they already announced acceptances.

Hi Which subfield are you in and when did you get the email? 

21 minutes ago, Hazel C said:

Hi Which subfield are you in and when did you get the email? 

I did not get any emails :D Comparative politics, secondary is methodology but I'm not sure if there was an option to select secondary field.

1 hour ago, Crossed_fingers said:

Received the official email from Ohio State where they say they have a “quirky” funding process. Anyone know anything more about this? 

My understanding is that OSU departments give out admissions decisions prior to guaranteeing funding packages. A university-wide funding body then determines funding packages among accepted candidates. Source: 2 cycles ago I was accepted at OSU but funding fell through a month later when the department couldn't secure my funding. This was during COVID so I chalk my case up to disruptions from that. I'm sure you will be fine and congrats on an outstanding acceptance.