2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

50 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

Anyone who received interview invitation from Georgetown University? Should I assume that no more invitations would arrive from them and rejection would be on its way from Georgetown University Department of Government? 

Also, anyone applied for University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill? 

Cant speak to Georgetown but Im a fellow UNC applicant (AP)

Just now, Crossed_fingers said:

Cant speak to Georgetown but Im a fellow UNC applicant 

Did you receive any email from University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill? I am an İnternational Applicant and among the posts, I couldn't see many applicants who applied for UNC.

19 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

Did you receive any email from University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill? I am an İnternational Applicant and among the posts, I couldn't see many applicants who applied for UNC.

Havent heard anything from them

Just got wait-listed for University of Maryland :/. Only getting responses from lower ranked places i applied to and got one rejection and one wait-list, doesn't leave me very hopeful.

Also what page are we supposed to update acceptance/rejections/wait-list on?

11 minutes ago, iskander said:

Just got wait-listed for University of Maryland :/. Only getting responses from lower ranked places i applied to and got one rejection and one wait-list, doesn't leave me very hopeful.

Also what page are we supposed to update acceptance/rejections/wait-list on?

Tbh, if we all could use signatures, that makes the forum even more transparent and we can communicate among those with similar interests ? So we can update the signatures with the results - much more credible than the results page.

But anyway, here is the page: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=&program=Political+Science&degree=PhD&season=F23&page=2

Also claiming a Vandy admit (unofficial) without an interview. Of course every program is different, but I’ve had two admits now without an interview and one with an “okay” interview and an admit. I would say to anyone waiting and biting your nails, don’t put too much emphasis on interviews :) 

Hello everyone! new to this forum. Anyone from MAPSS but rejected by UChi? I honestly thought I had a chance with all the connections I tried to build with the department. Plus any expectations when hypsm & Umich & cornell are releasing results? Will we hear any news next week? This silence in my email prevents me from concentrating on any work Holy Jesus. 0a/2r/0w/7p

10 minutes ago, Kiwi_293 said:

Hello everyone! new to this forum. Anyone from MAPSS but rejected by UChi? I honestly thought I had a chance with all the connections I tried to build with the department. Plus any expectations when hypsm & Umich & cornell are releasing results? Will we hear any news next week? This silence in my email prevents me from concentrating on any work Holy Jesus. 0a/2r/0w/7p

Michigan probably late next week, cornell 3rd week of february probably

48 minutes ago, Kiwi_293 said:

Also a former MAPSS alum w/ a rejection. This is rough

1 hour ago, Kiwi_293 said:

I was rejected by UChicago (not surprised; but the application together quite haphazardly) but recommended to MAPSS --- though, at this stage, I am not too keen on pursuing a second master's degree even if MAPSS does take me.  They said I'd find out next month.