2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

Just got my rejection from UChicago, no surprises, TBH, no e-mail, checked the portal on a whim. It says my application is referred to CIR, but I am already about to complete my master's and see no value in doing two master's in the same field. This was my first - normal - decision, eight more to go.

1 minute ago, Obscurepun said:

Same - no email but checked portal! I have no way of knowing why some schools accept and some don’t, it seems very random. In either case, congrats to all who have gotten an acceptance today/yesterday!

Read this thread: 

Can't reccomend it enough. It may seem too dark, but the correct takeaway (IMO) is to not beat yourself up over stuff that is near random. It's about the job market, but it has its parallels with admissions  

45 minutes ago, PerennialStudent said:

I was accepted into Berkeley, Emory, NYU. Thrilled and grateful

2 hours ago, Fellowpigeon said:

claiming an nyu acceptance!

2 hours ago, Realbadgal said:

Claiming NYU. Received an email from department.

Longtime lurker, first-time poster here. Did you all have official transcripts already sent with your application? I got an email from NYU about half an hour ago asking for an official transcript and I am not sure if I should read anything into it. Oh, and congrats on your acceptances!

1 hour ago, xStardust said:

Longtime lurker, first-time poster here. Did you all have official transcripts already sent with your application? I got an email from NYU about half an hour ago asking for an official transcript and I am not sure if I should read anything into it. Oh, and congrats on your acceptances!

I was not asked to do so. But since they asked, I think you should probably provide one as soon as possible. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Realbadgal said:

I was not asked to do so. But since they asked, I think you should probably provide one as soon as possible. Good luck!

Yeah, just waiting for them to tell me if they need the school to mail it or if they will take the electronic version since that would be sent in minutes

4 minutes ago, lalalalalala123 said:

Since they asked you about official transcripts. Can we assume the NYU not sent out all the offers yet?

I’d like to believe that they wouldn’t have bothered to ask if they weren’t at least considering me seriously but you never know

5 minutes ago, xStardust said:

Yeah, just waiting for them to tell me if they need the school to mail it or if they will take the electronic version since that would be sent in minutes

I’d like to believe that they wouldn’t have bothered to ask if they weren’t at least considering me seriously but you never know

Thanks! I think you have big chance cus its a positive signal.

20 minutes ago, FrickinPolisci said:

Just received an email from WUSTL that I am waitlisted. If you are admitted to WUSTL but considering to go to other schools pleaseee tell them sooner :(:)

This goes for every school! No sense in holding onto offers we’re not genuinely considering.

Anyone who received interview invitation from Georgetown University? Should I assume that no more invitations would arrive from them and rejection would be on its way from Georgetown University Department of Government? 

Also, anyone applied for University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill?