PhD application thread Fall 2023

aik257

On 1/24/2023 at 3:52 PM, surreal_realist said:

Has anyone heard from Yale or know when they usually send out interviews/acceptances/rejections? It was definitely a reach for me but I'd like to know one way or another.

Had an interview last Monday (30th of January) for the Department of Social Anthropology ! From what I understood, it will take them some time now to come to a decision and they should get back to us by the end of February, beginning of March. Fingers crossed for everyone !! 

11 hours ago, Ouriah said:

Had an interview last Monday (30th of January) for the Department of Social Anthropology ! From what I understood, it will take them some time now to come to a decision and they should get back to us by the end of February, beginning of March. Fingers crossed for everyone !! 

Hi! I'm an applicant for Yale sociocultural anthropology. You mean Yale anthropology has already sent out interview invites?  May I ask if you applied for archaeology or sociocultural?

Edited by xxyyzzz

22 hours ago, limoges1 said:

Anyone know anything about Stanford?

I haven't heard anything, but someone posted an interview with them a couple weeks back on the results board. I don't know if they usually send all interviews at once, or over a rolling period.

This isn't the sociocultural anthropology thread, this is the Art History thread. Has anyone heard from Yale ART HISTORY? What about Stanford art history? I have a feeling these random interviews are trolls or mistakes or something because if most people in here applied to these two programs, I am sure that some of us would have heard something about an interview by now. I will be seeing the Stanford DGS on Saturday and will speak with him then to see what's going on over there...

59 minutes ago, PhDApplicant23 said:

This isn't the sociocultural anthropology thread, this is the Art History thread. Has anyone heard from Yale ART HISTORY? What about Stanford art history? I have a feeling these random interviews are trolls or mistakes or something because if most people in here applied to these two programs, I am sure that some of us would have heard something about an interview by now. I will be seeing the Stanford DGS on Saturday and will speak with him then to see what's going on over there...

I interviewed with Yale this past Friday and had an independent meeting yesterday with the Professor I hope to work with. Didn't apply to Stanford so not sure about that...

I had a really depressing thing happen to me today. I applied to a Ph.D. program last year but was only admitted to their MA program and then waitlisted for a scholarship (which did not go through). When I talked to my POI, she said that she strongly considered me for the Ph.D. program but had a couple of stronger applicants. I was excited about the chance to work with her and so reapplied to the Ph.D. program again with the hopes that I would at least be admitted to the MA program with solid funding. I just got a full out rejection letter in my in-box, and I'm really confused. ? 

Since we had a brief one on one chat last year, and she ignored my email from this past fall and spring, I assume that she didn't like me. I definitely was not too pushy or arrogant, but maybe too much of my weird INFJ energy came through. Anyway, bummer city.

4 minutes ago, LEANCO10 said:

I had a really depressing thing happen to me today. I applied to a Ph.D. program last year but was only admitted to their MA program and then waitlisted for a scholarship (which did not go through). When I talked to my POI, she said that she strongly considered me for the Ph.D. program but had a couple of stronger applicants. I was excited about the chance to work with her and so reapplied to the Ph.D. program again with the hopes that I would at least be admitted to the MA program with solid funding. I just got a full out rejection letter in my in-box, and I'm really confused. ? 

Since we had a brief one on one chat last year, and she ignored my email from this past fall and spring, I assume that she didn't like me. I definitely was not too pushy or arrogant, but maybe too much of my weird INFJ energy came through. Anyway, bummer city.

Man I am so sorry! Where was this?

4 minutes ago, anonymous_crazy_cat-lady said:

Man I am so sorry! Where was this?

I don't want to say, though you can easily deduce from my past posts ?

I'm praying for better results from the other schools I applied to this cycle, though I felt more positive about this application since I was accepted before. 

20 hours ago, LEANCO10 said:

I don't want to say, though you can easily deduce from my past posts ?

I'm praying for better results from the other schools I applied to this cycle, though I felt more positive about this application since I was accepted before. 

INFP but totally get what you mean about the weird energy coming through.. Hope all goes well for you this application cycle.