Fall 2023 PhD Religion

steadygaze108

I know Columbia has sent out at least some acceptances like over a week ago, which is why I'm confused why my rejection hasn't come yet..and I guess I'm still holding onto hope for a wait-list. I'm wondering the same thing you are: whether no interview means out. My sense honestly is that they interview everyone they are considering given it is such a small program--I think they take like 3 students.

5 hours ago, SituatedKnowledges said:

I know Columbia has sent out at least some acceptances like over a week ago, which is why I'm confused why my rejection hasn't come yet..and I guess I'm still holding onto hope for a wait-list. I'm wondering the same thing you are: whether no interview means out. My sense honestly is that they interview everyone they are considering given it is such a small program--I think they take like 3 students.

Columbia accepted some people for PhD in religion already!? 

4 hours ago, commando95 said:

I had my interview with Columbia three weeks ago... they said they will take a few weeks to notify applicants. So far, I haven't heard anything. From last years' results, I assumed they contact all applicants at once. But obviously they don't anymore?

Congrats on getting the interview! 

Mind if I ask what subfield you applied for?

I also wonder if ppl know what's going on with Chicago, and if you were given a rough timeline of when the results might come. I was interviewed at the end of Jan, and they didn't say when coz I guess it was still early. But it's now more than a month, i getting more and more anxious day by day. If you know more, please share please!

Edited by milkdeliveryservice

3 hours ago, steadygaze108 said:

I got into Fordham and UVA.

If you are waitlisted at Fordham, hopefully my acceptance of UVA's offer will bump you up at Fordham!

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! What specialization are you doing at UVA?

Also, I have a question--when did you get a response from UVA? 

4 minutes ago, IAWTL said:

Congratulations! What specialization are you doing at UVA?

Also, I have a question--when did you get a response from UVA? 

Philosophy of Religion.

I heard from UVA on the 27th - email to check the status on the portal.

22 minutes ago, Julesjules23 said:

Does anyone have any idea when UChicago might release their results? Do we know if all subfields are released at once? I applied for Religious Ethics and interviewed the first week of February. 

Well, this also what i was asking. I was interviewed in Jan. Oh, i don't know. Haven't heard a single word from them since then.