Fall 2023 PhD Religion

steadygaze108

I heard from a reliable source that the Duke GPR committee is meeting this Saturday—my guess is that admission results will probably go out next week. It seems that some subfields held interviews while others did not. That's probably the extent of the information I can find out since admission committee members are sworn to secrecy about waitlist positions, etc. The visitation day will be in person this year as well. 

3 minutes ago, קהלת said:

I heard from a reliable source that the Duke GPR committee is meeting this Saturday—my guess is that admission results will probably go out next week. It seems that some subfields held interviews while others did not. That's probably the extent of the information I can find out since admission committee members are sworn to secrecy about waitlist positions, etc. The visitation day will be in person this year as well. 

Thanks for sharing. Is this about PhD in Religious Study? 

8 minutes ago, Shrimply Pibbles said:

Update: Interview requests at Princeton Theological Seminary (theology) and Yale RLST (theology).

Congratulations friend, looks like a rejection for me then from PTS and I believe GTU no longer has funding for their students which would make it very hard if I did even get accepted. 

2 minutes ago, sktlab said:

Congratulations friend, looks like a rejection for me then from PTS and I believe GTU no longer has funding for their students which would make it very hard if I did even get accepted. 

Thank you! Whether this interview with PTS portends your rejection, I'm not so sure. In any case, you've got Notre Dame which is huge! Congrats to you!

10 minutes ago, Shrimply Pibbles said:

Thank you! Whether this interview with PTS portends your rejection, I'm not so sure. In any case, you've got Notre Dame which is huge! Congrats to you!

lol if it says accepted that’s incorrect, I was also rejected from there.

no worries though, congrats to you most importantly!!

On 1/26/2023 at 11:24 AM, Chicago Guy said:

Yale RST interview in theology on Friday

@Chicago Guyhow was your interview?

I heard that neither admitted nor denied candidates receive interview requests - only those on the fence.

Did you get any ideas how the process was unfolding?

Let us know!

15 hours ago, steadygaze108 said:

@Chicago Guyhow was your interview?

I heard that neither admitted nor denied candidates receive interview requests - only those on the fence.

Did you get any ideas how the process was unfolding?

Let us know!

Really?  I always thought interviews were issued out for candidates who are shortlisted? I also heard source (in Yale) that Yale's policy was to require all admitted candidates to be interviewed?

I really hope that what you heard is true because I am here burying myself in a completely demoralized spirit as I still haven't even receieved a single interview invitation :((

4 hours ago, Shrimply Pibbles said:

Also curious! I also interviewed with Yale yesterday. Seemed to go well. Did they mention any next steps to you?

Say more about your interview, please. Seems like both you and @Chicago Guy submitted apps for Theology at Yale. Maybe they’re narrowing down the list on that field.

Edited by steadygaze108

37 minutes ago, DavidX said:

Has anyone heard anything about Stanford or Emory?

Emory's recruitment weekend (RW) is in a couple of weekends. Interviews for theological studies (TS) subfield happened in early January. I've been invited to RW along with 2 other candidate for TS. Not sure what the process is for other subfields. As far as Stanford, I have a friend who applied to Religion in America there and interviewed about a week ago.

30 minutes ago, steadygaze108 said:

Say more about your interview, please. Seems like both you and @Chicago Guy submitted apps for Theology at Yale. Maybe they’re narrowing down the list on that field.

Received the interview request on Wednesday. Interviewed with Tanner, Jennings, Turman, Granby, and Herdt. It seems, based on a conversation with a friend in his 5th year there, that all admits will be interviewed.

3 hours ago, Shrimply Pibbles said:

Emory's recruitment weekend (RW) is in a couple of weekends. Interviews for theological studies (TS) subfield happened in early January. I've been invited to RW along with 2 other candidate for TS. Not sure what the process is for other subfields. As far as Stanford, I have a friend who applied to Religion in America there and interviewed about a week ago.

Received the interview request on Wednesday. Interviewed with Tanner, Jennings, Turman, Granby, and Herdt. It seems, based on a conversation with a friend in his 5th year there, that all admits will be interviewed.

Geez. American religions is what I applied for and haven't heard anything from either.

Eerily quiet in here... 

I have an academia.edu account, and my analytics tell me that some professors at some of the universities I applied to have been visiting my profile and looking at the papers I have uploaded there...

Just a way for me to pass time, I guess!