MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

On 3/29/2023 at 11:22 AM, PurpleZebra7 said:

I just got one too! No email, just portal. Congrats to you & everyone else! :) 

Wow Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats or work experiences?

Im currently waitlisted for brock, it's my first time applying and the only school I've applied to thus far. Fingers crossed to hear some positive news back as this wait is dreadful :(

14 hours ago, XYZPublichealth said:

Wow Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats or work experiences?

Im currently waitlisted for brock, it's my first time applying and the only school I've applied to thus far. Fingers crossed to hear some positive news back as this wait is dreadful :(

Hey! 

Maintain hope, I have faith in you! I’m not too sure how they calculate averages so I can’t specifically speak to that. However, my experiences I highlighted were my roles as a teaching assistant at my university in the departments of chemistry, biology and forensic science. As well as my experience working as a laboratory assistant in the environmental department for Public Health Ontario. My experience also includes working as a medical assistant for a pain physician and a service coordinator for a community healthcare agency. Lastly, I spoke about some of the courses I took during my undergraduate study that are more relevant to the field of public health: biomedical ethics, epidemiology, immunology, health economics, critical nutrition, methods of biological inquiry, and my mandatory indigenous course. In all honesty, I applied to this program on a whim and found it a few weeks before the due date. I had applied to two other programs that are unrelated to public health, but as soon as I found this program, I was set on applying and aiming to get in to pursue it. I am hoping for you, I did see some individuals who were likely declining their Brock offer if they got accepted to a more desirable program for them. So, fingers crossed for you! Hope this helps :) 

36 minutes ago, PurpleZebra7 said:

Hey! 

Maintain hope, I have faith in you! I’m not too sure how they calculate averages so I can’t specifically speak to that. However, my experiences I highlighted were my roles as a teaching assistant at my university in the departments of chemistry, biology and forensic science. As well as my experience working as a laboratory assistant in the environmental department for Public Health Ontario. My experience also includes working as a medical assistant for a pain physician and a service coordinator for a community healthcare agency. Lastly, I spoke about some of the courses I took during my undergraduate study that are more relevant to the field of public health: biomedical ethics, epidemiology, immunology, health economics, critical nutrition, methods of biological inquiry, and my mandatory indigenous course. In all honesty, I applied to this program on a whim and found it a few weeks before the due date. I had applied to two other programs that are unrelated to public health, but as soon as I found this program, I was set on applying and aiming to get in to pursue it. I am hoping for you, I did see some individuals who were likely declining their Brock offer if they got accepted to a more desirable program for them. So, fingers crossed for you! Hope this helps :) 

Thank you so much for such reassurance 🥺 . Wow! You have amazing accomplishments, this makes me feel better and knowing more about where I stand and room for improvement. I really appreciate your support and yes, although the wait is definitely excruciating I will just have to hang in there and try not to think about something I can't control now. Just waiting and keeping hope . Also knowing that there is so many well qualified people applying to the program speaks to our capabilities for sure and makes me feel like I'm in the right direction. Fingers crossed, good news for the future! 

23 minutes ago, autumn028 said:

Is anyone else still waiting of Ottawa? 🥴

I am! Mine has said under evaluation since March 3rd... I called them last week and said I should know by end of this week. Its killing me though. Has anyone actually gotten an admission letter or is it all Ozone?

Edited by MPHUOT

8 minutes ago, MPH2023applicant said:

A friend of mine is still waiting to hear back. I’ve seen people get acceptances, waitlisted and rejections from uOttawa so I’m not really sure how they’re doing it

I am so glad I’m not alone! This is taking so long… it’s frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, autumn028 said:

I am so glad I’m not alone! This is taking so long… it’s frustrating. 

I feel you. Its the only one I applied to and I just want to know what Im doing next year! Also just wondering, did you have the statistics requirement met or did you select to do the summer intensive? Because I selected the summer intensive (havent done stats since 2016) so im wondering if thats the delay since most people i saw accepted all had the stats requirement already met! Or do you have a later last name? Mine starts with Y. Im just trying to see if theres any pattern to this lol.

4 minutes ago, MPHUOT said:

I feel you. Its the only one I applied to and I just want to know what Im doing next year! Also just wondering, did you have the statistics requirement met or did you select to do the summer intensive? Because I selected the summer intensive (havent done stats since 2016) so im wondering if thats the delay since most people i saw accepted all had the stats requirement already met! Or do you have a later last name? Mine starts with Y. Im just trying to see if theres any pattern to this lol.

I do have stats! But I also have a late letter last name, I am V! I was starting to think it was because of my last name… fingers are crossed we hear soon! 

1 hour ago, MPHUOT said:

I am! Mine has said under evaluation since March 3rd... I called them last week and said I should know by end of this week. It’s killing me though. Has anyone actually gotten an admission letter or is it all Ozone?

I’ve only had my status updated on ozone. I did get an email a couple days later saying there was an update on my ozone though. So it seems like there is a delay and ozone is updated first. Same thing happened for another uOttawa program I got an offer from

3 hours ago, MPHUOT said:

I am! Mine has said under evaluation since March 3rd... I called them last week and said I should know by end of this week. Its killing me though. Has anyone actually gotten an admission letter or is it all Ozone?

I got my acceptance only through uOzone, no email. I’m not sure if that’s because they don’t send one or if I caught the acceptance change in the portal & accepted fast enough that it skipped the automated update email.

This is my second year applying and so far I've been getting declined again... I got waitlisted today from Brock and I'm seeing most people got their acceptances/waitlist notice a couple weeks ago... would anyone be able to shed light onto the likelihood of getting in on a waitlist when I'm only getting put on it now? I'd imagine I'd be pretty far down on the list... Last year I was waitlisted then declined from Waterloo in less than 24 hours in June so I'm feeling so defeated! I only have one program left to hear from and it was more of a last minute thing, the MHE program at Waterloo... 

Nothing fancy on the stats from my end... GPA is about 3.6... 6 years work experience as a nurse, 2.5 in public health, in a volunteer program for 2.5 years to coach frontline workers on proper PPE use, 2 nursing certificates... cautiously optimistic... 😶🥲

27 minutes ago, NovaTerra said:

i think this person is referring to unofficial letter cause I myself emailed Suzanne yesterday and she said the letters should go out by the end of this week or next week.

21 hours ago, Popcorn21 said:

i think this person is referring to unofficial letter cause I myself emailed Suzanne yesterday and she said the letters should go out by the end of this week or next week.

Yeah, they are referring to the unofficial letter ... uoft is really behind on sending out the official letters lol

On 4/12/2023 at 11:30 AM, Adims said:

Anyone hear back from U of Ts Health Promotion program? I am so nervous I could cry, I haven’t heard back

Mine still says “submitted”

Hang in there friend!  Hope you hear some good news soon! ❤️

I haven't heard anything from the program either. 

22 minutes ago, mph2023 said:

Yeah, they are referring to the unofficial letter ... uoft is really behind on sending out the official letters lol

You got an unoffical acceptance correct? Did you get an email notification or anything since then? any changes on your portal? 

12 minutes ago, summelon2 said:

You got an unoffical acceptance correct? Did you get an email notification or anything since then? any changes on your portal? 

No changes yet.. I also asked the redditor and they also had an unofficial acceptance, so I think they may be sent out today or next week and the rejection letters at the end of the month

4 minutes ago, mph2023 said:

No changes yet.. I also asked the redditor and they also had an unofficial acceptance, so I think they may be sent out today or next week and the rejection letters at the end of the month

Thank you for clarifying! and congratulations, well deserved!! ❤️