Ford Fellowship 2023

antidisestablishmentariani

2 hours ago, roving99 said:

Highly likely no. It is usually about a week from when the 'review results' panel changes in the application, and generally speaking decision emails start rolling in very early in the AM. I would assume we do not hear earlier than Friday, if not perhaps Monday.

I think it could be tomorrow

Past years awards came out:

Thursday March 19,2019

Friday March 19, 2020

Monday March 22, 2021

Tuesday March 22, 2022

I'm a bit confused because my FF profile says that the results are still under review. I also checked my email's spam folder. Nothing. I applied for the pre-doctoral fellowship. Has anyone else not received notification if they applied for the pre-doctoral fellowship? 

Edited by mobsterdolphin_
typo

3 minutes ago, mobsterdolphin_ said:

I'm a bit confused because my FF profile says that the results are still under review. I also checked my email's spam folder. Nothing. I applied for the pre-doctoral fellowship. Has anyone else not received notification if they applied for the pre-doctoral fellowship? 

I haven't gotten an email or update on my profile yet... literally freaking out 

1 minute ago, christinitalabarista said:

I haven't gotten an email or update on my profile yet... literally freaking out 

Well, the good news is that if more than one of us is having the "issue" then it's probably not an issue. We can assume it's intentional then. These processes do not determine our worth as academics!

Deep breaths, all!

8 minutes ago, EagleEye602 said:

I received HM. That is a bit of a bummer since I need funding to join a few labs that I am interested in, but I will be alright.

Best of luck to everyone else! I think that it is pretty cool that they are giving 90 awards this year instead of 75. 

An honorable mention is still incredible so congratulations!! That's amazing and I hope schools recognize that. 

4 minutes ago, christinitalabarista said:

An honorable mention is still incredible so congratulations!! That's amazing and I hope schools recognize that. 

Thanks a bunch!

Luckily, I have already received offers from several programs. It just would have been infinitely better to have ample freedom to choose a lab and my project through a fellowship. Although I probably needed to spend more time articulating my experiences in my personal statement since the ratings were far too disparate to me.

1 minute ago, antidisestablishmentariani said:

I didn't get it. Bummer

Yeah, it hurts a lot, especially since they have all but confirmed that we cannot apply again. However, it is very hard to put yourself out there in the first place, so you have to at least commend yourself for making the effort to apply despite the fear of rejection.

Best of luck on your future endeavors!

I didn't get the fellowship; however, I feel good about my work. I am an undergrad from a marginalized background (POC, woman, LGBT, low-income, first gen), so I feel so happy to have submitted an application. I received scores of excellent for my research plan and was told that I had solid experience and the ability to do the proposed work, which feels really good. 

I wish everyone who did not receive the fellowship peace and those that did congratulations! 

6 minutes ago, INeedMoney said:

"Review results will be available one to two weeks after the review." is driving me up the wall 😭

sameeeeeeeeee I cannot be productive until I get results LOL. I know I got rejected for sure but just tell me already!!!!