Ford Fellowship 2023

antidisestablishmentariani

5 minutes ago, CeXra said:

I didn't get it, but I received HM, so that's nice, lol. Kinda heart broken, but we move on!

Ā 

Ā 

Congrats! Awesome accomplishment. I didnā€™t get it and Iā€™m not sure I 100% agree with the reviewers but it was a good experience regardless. Academia is an endless stream of rejections. It can be tough on the soul. Ā To be fair Iā€™m not as saddened as I expected to be.Ā 
Ā 

Congrats to all who got HM and awarded!Ā 

Got rejected but the feedback was great and I'm proud of myself for applying anyways because it was a hella of a long process lol. One reviewer said "

There is a lot to like in this application package. The applicant proposes to study incarceration and the problems inmates face in prisons and then reintegration into society. The research project, however, is very generally stated. It sounds like a good start but more detail is needed that will define its methods, theory and contribution to the literature. I recommend that the applicant refine the proposal and apply next year.
Like there is no applying next year :'')Ā 
Would have loved to give more detail if we had more space LOL. But happy for everyone who gets HMs, alternate spots, and wins it!!!

16 minutes ago, NiceNeighbor said:

Has anyone that applied for the dissertation fellowship heard back? I still haven't seen an update in the portal.Ā 

update: didn't get it. One reviewer marked me "fair" where others marked me excellent. It was incredibly competitive but if you had criticisms it seems fair to expect the reviewer who disliked my plan and proposal to say why. I only got one comment:

This is an interesting proposal from a great applicant with great potential who already has an excellent record of publications underway. The proposed research is interesting, novel, and timely.
Ā 
Oh well, on to the next!Ā 

Ā 

14 minutes ago, NiceNeighbor said:

update: didn't get it. One reviewer marked me "fair" where others marked me excellent. It was incredibly competitive but if you had criticisms it seems fair to expect the reviewer who disliked my plan and proposal to say why. I only got one comment:

This is an interesting proposal from a great applicant with great potential who already has an excellent record of publications underway. The proposed research is interesting, novel, and timely.
Ā 

Ā 

Exact same situation with the reviewers--one marked everything excellent and the other fair or good! My one comment was very detailed and constructive though, so I am thankful to that person!Ā 

Waiting on 3 other fellowships too, best of luck to you!

4 hours ago, NiceNeighbor said:

Ā 

Ā 

I had a similar thing happen, except a had a few between excellent and very good (plus the one fair, arg).Ā 

While I have been sad about this for most of the day, I'm proud of what I submitted, and will use some of the feedback for my diss.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...