LITGRE Tomorrow!

Scores for the October test date are available by phone now!

I was dreading this call, wondering if I would have to call off some of my applications...and what I was worried about it doing to the little self-confidence that I have left after this application process. But, what do you know, I got a 610 (73%).

Not great, but I am THRILLED! My primary fields are literary theory, cultural studies, and American literature/culture...I was honestly prepared to for something in the 400 range.

So, whew!

Best of luck to everyone!

I was dreading this call, wondering if I would have to call off some of my applications...and what I was worried about it doing to the little self-confidence that I have left after this application process. But, what do you know, I got a 610 (73%).

Not great, but I am THRILLED! My primary fields are literary theory, cultural studies, and American literature/culture...I was honestly prepared to for something in the 400 range.

So, whew!

Oh, my Lord...I was reading through this thread and saw people talking about taking the test "tomorrow". My heart slammed in my chest until I finally realized that no, the November exam is in fact NEXT weekend, not THIS PAST weekend and I haven't missed it entirely!! :o

I was getting excited to hear my scores then I ran into the $12 hear-scores-by-phone fee. I paid $150 for the test now I have to pay $12 to hear my scores??

I will wait to see them online or via mail, assuming that those services won't cost anything.

So, whew!

Edited by BillyPilgrim

I simply couldn't wait last year for my score -- I had all kinds of heart attacks but called to get mine!

I was very glad I was recovering from surgery when I received my first (terrible) scores. Being sedated with whatever it was that knocked me out sure dulled the pain in the most literal way possible. :P

Who's taking the test this weekend? I've studied since June/July, somewhat sporadically, but I feel like it might all be for naught, given the recent shift to theory and grammar.

I was very glad I was recovering from surgery when I received my first (terrible) scores. Being sedated with whatever it was that knocked me out sure dulled the pain in the most literal way possible. :P

Who's taking the test this weekend? I've studied since June/July, somewhat sporadically, but I feel like it might all be for naught, given the recent shift to theory and grammar.

I'm taking it Sat. and am pretty much freaking out about it. I've been studying sporadically since September (when I decided to apply) and have revved it up in the past couple weeks, but I'm scared because even if I remember titles and characters and key lines, there is still a chance I'll royally screw up a lot of the interpretation questions (at least the early Middle English ones). I just really want it to be over.

I'm taking it on Saturday as well, and also freaking out. I've been studying whenever I can for the last couple of months, but really intensively cramming during this week, mostly using the Hapax Legomena site and the Princeton Review book. I'll also try to review as much as I can from the Vade Mecum site. God bless the folks who put up those sites!

I'm taking it on Saturday as well, and also freaking out. I've been studying whenever I can for the last couple of months, but really intensively cramming during this week, mostly using the Hapax Legomena site and the Princeton Review book. I'll also try to review as much as I can from the Vade Mecum site. God bless the folks who put up those sites!

That's what I've been doing as well. I feel good about everything BUT the theory stuff....

I'm also taking it on Saturday, which is T-minus 17 hours for me (I'm in India).

Edited by tinapickles

I was getting excited to hear my scores then I ran into the $12 hear-scores-by-phone fee. I paid $150 for the test now I have to pay $12 to hear my scores??

I will wait to see them online or via mail, assuming that those services won't cost anything.

I totally agree with this....ETS is just plain cruel. They know the paper score release date is a little too close to the first program deadlines.....

Also, I'm entirely too cowardly to find out my scores. I was really, really sick on the day of the test (like, fever-hallucination sick) and I left A LOT of questions blank. I'm terrified that I got a 400 or something. Since I can't retake it, I'd rather not know, because I think it would mess my brain up while I finish the *important* parts of my applications. Plus, only half of my schools (i think?) that require the lit test. And I'm hoping they don't take it too seriously.

I think we've got about two weeks to see them online...

Also, I'm entirely too cowardly to find out my scores. I was really, really sick on the day of the test (like, fever-hallucination sick) and I left A LOT of questions blank. I'm terrified that I got a 400 or something. Since I can't retake it, I'd rather not know, because I think it would mess my brain up while I finish the *important* parts of my applications. Plus, only half of my schools (i think?) that require the lit test. And I'm hoping they don't take it too seriously.

I think we've got about two weeks to see them online...

This is how I feel too--I'm afraid at this point that if I find out my score, it's going to freak me out so much I won't do my best on my SoP and Writing Sample, so I'm waiting until they put it online and then I'm constitutionally incapable of not checking it (I think the 19th is the day they claim to post them online).

At least I haven't had any GRE score dreams for a couple weeks--last night I just dreamt about someone calling me up to tell me there was something ethically wrong with my SoP. Ah, dream logic.

This is how I feel too--I'm afraid at this point that if I find out my score, it's going to freak me out so much I won't do my best on my SoP and Writing Sample, so I'm waiting until they put it online and then I'm constitutionally incapable of not checking it (I think the 19th is the day they claim to post them online).

At least I haven't had any GRE score dreams for a couple weeks--last night I just dreamt about someone calling me up to tell me there was something ethically wrong with my SoP. Ah, dream logic.

Ha ha, "ethically wrong"!

"Dear prospective student,

We wholeheartedly object to the fact that your Statement of Purpose is printed on the skin of baby seals, using the blood of unicorns for ink. Also, we regret to inform you that while under review, your Statement of Purpose had too much to drink and began to verbally abuse the members of the admission committee, eventually giving them a series of severe seal-baby-paper cuts."