PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

Hey! Long time lurker here. I saw that someone posted a JHU DrPH Mental Health rejection, anyone have any more info on what they're receiving? I haven't received any decisions yet and my application still says under review. I swear the waiting is PURE PAIN.

4 hours ago, _kita said:

^This^

I'm also being scored this week for a job role that would significantly bump up by income by about $15k a year. I'll be on the hiring list, but that score will determine whether it's likely I'll be interviewed. They only interview the top two at a time. 

All my nails are chewed off as I wait! 😆

4 hours ago, wurtzite said:

Much anxiety. Yes I believe you're correct, but it certainly doesn't stop me from checking it daily lol.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:12 AM, Mamitis said:

JHU DrPH people: How are you feeling going into the week. They generally release results March 1st, yes?

I do not think I will be able to open that email.

3 hours ago, phkid said:

Hey! Long time lurker here. I saw that someone posted a JHU DrPH Mental Health rejection, anyone have any more info on what they're receiving? I haven't received any decisions yet and my application still says under review. I swear the waiting is PURE PAIN.

It seems like the rejections that have gone out for JHU are for PhD programs. I think the consensus is that DrPH program statuses will be released on Friday, March 1st. Best of luck to you! 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:39 PM, GradHopeful22 said:

I also applied for UC Berkeley's DrPH program but have not heard anything unfortunately. 

I got a rejection email today at 6pm from UC Berkeley’s DrPH program. This one hurt a little :’)

Does anyone know if we should give up hope if we haven't heard anything from UNC for epi? I know the email said decisions will go out through the end of March... but it feels so late and like most schools have gotten back to people. I've also seen a lot of acceptances for UNC already. 

Also, a friendly reminder to let schools you got into know if you won't be going as soon as you do! Obviously take all the time you need for your decisions, but if you're already 100% sure you're not going somewhere, letting them know could open up a spot for someone else :)

Is it normal to get invited to their Graduate Admit Date even when you haven't heard back? Last Friday, everyone seemed to hear back from UCI, but I haven't. I was interviewed and assuming I got rejected. All the 3 people who got admitted seem to got accepted into better programs, so I am positive sure that they will turn down their offers at UCI. 

To anyone who applied for the online DrPH program at GWU, do you recall when we can expect to hear back? I think early March but I can't remember. I've seen some DrPH results filtering in on the results page, but they seem to be for the on-campus option. Thanks in advance! I just need an answer at this point 😅

8 hours ago, PhDPursuit said:

Is it normal to get invited to their Graduate Admit Date even when you haven't heard back? Last Friday, everyone seemed to hear back from UCI, but I haven't. I was interviewed and assuming I got rejected. All the 3 people who got admitted seem to got accepted into better programs, so I am positive sure that they will turn down their offers at UCI. 

I received an email regarding Admit Date(but it's not the invitation). I haven't heard back from UCI after the interview (hope I am still under consideration).

1 hour ago, BZG said:

If someone from admissions offered to read your sop before submitting would you let them review it? 

I was offered that from someone at a school. Depends on the intent I suppose. Are they reading it just to make sure you are following the required prompt(s) or are they reading it to help you out? I can't think of a strong reason not to due to ill-intentions tho.

Edited by HPResearch

3 hours ago, HECON said:

I received an email regarding Admit Date(but it's not the invitation). I haven't heard back from UCI after the interview (hope I am still under consideration).

It's so confusing. I wish they were more consistent with their how they contact students. I seriously just want to know whether or not I was rejected so I can move on. 

12 hours ago, Jstrick7 said:

I asked this previously, but has anyone heard back regarding their fall 2024 USF DrPH application? Specifically the Advanced Practice concentration.

Hello, I think 3 of us received an email that we were part of interview round 1 (I think there are 3). They sent us interview questions that were due 2/15. They would be reviewed 2/20-3/1, and they would reach out for an interview after 3/1. If we don't get an interview request, we will get notified via SOPHAS that we were rejected. 

21 hours ago, lion123 said:

Feeling like I wish it wasn't a leap year 😅

Haha. Agreed. Also, it seems to me that JHU released acceptances on March 1st and March 2nd. Is that what others think? I'm just wondering because March 1st is a Friday. Anyway, none of it really matters being out of my control, but it's nice to have clear expectations. 

1 hour ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

Hello, I think 3 of us received an email that we were part of interview round 1 (I think there are 3). They sent us interview questions that were due 2/15. They would be reviewed 2/20-3/1, and they would reach out for an interview after 3/1. If we don't get an interview request, we will get notified via SOPHAS that we were rejected. 

Thanks for the update. No rejection notification yet so I’ll keep my fingers crossed until then

36 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Haha. Agreed. Also, it seems to me that JHU released acceptances on March 1st and March 2nd. Is that what others think? I'm just wondering because March 1st is a Friday. Anyway, none of it really matters being out of my control, but it's nice to have clear expectations. 

It's a fair assumption that it should either be this Friday or early next week, but there's no guarantee when it comes to anything administrative. I'm really hoping I know THIS Friday though.