PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

1 hour ago, YiL said:

JHU should have let you know the decision would come out in mid Feb during the interview. 

Thank you! Yes, I know Hopkins consistently sends out results mid Feb/ that’s what they said in the interview. But, I’ve heard of other programs saying that but sending out sooner randomly aka Brown. 😑 

18 minutes ago, pubhealth123 said:

Has anyone heard back from Brown PhD Epi after the interview ... still nothing on my end although they said that next steps would come at the end of this week? 

I reached out to the academic coordinator earlier in the week, and she said they typically release decisions mid Feb. I kinda wonder if the acceptances on the results page may not be accurate. 

the wait is killing me!

34 minutes ago, manifesthb said:

Thank you! Yes, I know Hopkins consistently sends out results mid Feb/ that’s what they said in the interview. But, I’ve heard of other programs saying that but sending out sooner randomly aka Brown. 😑 

That's not the case for JHU. After interviewing, each track will report back to the committee and the department will make the final decision pooling all candidates from all tracks. Therefore, all the decision should be made at the same time. I am not sure if they will send out the result at the same time but they surely can't make any decisions until all tracks have wrapped up their interviews and send the list back.

2 hours ago, wandering33 said:

What is the typical etiquette for acceptance emails? I got some and a few are clearly personalized from the program director, do I email them back thanking them? It feels weird / I'm not sure how to reply or if I should or if I'm overthinking it....

I have the same question =S

2 hours ago, manifesthb said:

Anyone who applied to Brown, Harvard, or Hopkins Epi hear back after the interview?

I just got into UNC today! I applied for the pharmacoepi track, then methods I believe. 

Congratulations! There are three or four of us! So happy for you!

3 hours ago, BZG said:

Did anyone apply to Georgia Southern University before the deadline? My application status has been saying awaiting decisions status for a few weeks.

I applied just because I had my files ready and the SOP they required was relatively shorter than the others I had to write. I also want to keep an online option in case my living situation changes between now and Fall.

5 hours ago, manifesthb said:

Anyone who applied to Brown, Harvard, or Hopkins Epi hear back after the interview?

I just got into UNC today! I applied for the pharmacoepi track, then methods I believe. 

I had Brown Epi and Harvard EH interviews and haven’t heard anything yet. 

6 hours ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

I did apply last year to the management track, they rejected me and said I should do behavioral track. I haven’t heard from them if they have everything needed for my application and I’ve reached out twice. I did my MPH with them, started my DrPh with them in 2019 but dropped out because it wouldn’t work with my work schedule. I think they are really looking for full time students that support professor research, and I’m looking for more executive format. 

Yes. I am also looking for a program that I can complete whilst working full-time, and I too got the feeling they were looking for more traditional students. USF's process sounds quite daunting. I applied to Mercer and SUNY Downstate, and they said that my MPH is from a university in the UK, which they do not consider a CEPH-recognized MPH. I did not apply to SDSU or Tulane. I applied to Loma Linda last year and my interview went pretty well, but they did not get back to me with a decision at all, despite my inquiries.

Are there any other schools that I may be missing?

Best of luck!

What does your application status say? If you don't mind me asking. Is it sent for review or awaiting decision?

On SOPHAS it says verified but on Georgia southern University under status application it says awaiting decision.

23 hours ago, Squashplayer000 said:

Hi.

I hope everyone is doing well. Is John Hopkins interviewing DrPH this season? I thought they didn't conduct interviews. Has anyone received interview invitations?

Also, has anyone received any feedback from USF or Rutgers? Please let me know. Thank you.

5 hours ago, MiggyMigs said:

I applied just because I had my files ready and the SOP they required was relatively shorter than the others I had to write. I also want to keep an online option in case my living situation changes between now and Fall.

2 hours ago, Squashplayer000 said:

Mine just shows 'verified' on the application status in SOPHAS. What about yours?

3 hours ago, Squashplayer000 said:

Yes. I am also looking for a program that I can complete whilst working full-time, and I too got the feeling they were looking for more traditional students. USF's process sounds quite daunting. I applied to Mercer and SUNY Downstate, and they said that my MPH is from a university in the UK, which they do not consider a CEPH-recognized MPH. I did not apply to SDSU or Tulane. I applied to Loma Linda last year and my interview went pretty well, but they did not get back to me with a decision at all, despite my inquiries.

Are there any other schools that I may be missing?

I applied to Loma Linda this year.  What was the interview process like? Is there an preliminary review?

Unofficial admit from UC Merced today for their PhD in Public Health-not a CEPH school yet. I had thought their Visitation Day invite was an interview, but turns out it’s for admitted students (or soon to be admitted depending on the program). Nothing yet from my other schools, I got the congratulations email today from the department head. 

Edited by Epinionated

On 12/7/2023 at 2:45 PM, Lesfin said:

Anybody else apply to UNC’s DrPH in Health Leadership program? 

Yes!! I had my interview yesterday (Friday), not sure I'm feeling that hopeful at the moment though.

When is your interview?  Would be interested to know how feel afterwards