HGSE Fall 2011

TDGirl84

Have read two new results of HGSE...congratulations!

To the person who is admitted to the human development and psychology program (if you can see this post): Where did you find the result? I just checked the website and found nothing...And I noticed there was a similar post of rejection below, with almost the same stats and program (the only difference is that the rejection is from the Ed.D. program). Is that you?

(If so, I guess perhaps when admitting Ed.M. students, they deal with those who also applied to the Ed.D. programs first, and then make decisions on those who only applied to the Ed.M. programs...just guessing so as to feel less anxious...)

Yes you got it right. I should've mentioned it in the note. I got rejected from the Ed.D program, but accepted to the Ed.M. instead. That might be the reason why the result came out faster but I'm not sure. Good luck!

Edited by bde123

Hi all, I too applied for the Ed.D, but was accepted to the Ed.M!

I emailed to ask about logging into the prematriculation website, and got a nice personal email back saying that there was a glitch in the application portal and basically, Ed.M letters are going out officially today, so you should all hopefully hear today. I had an issue wherein I logged in today and saw my Ed.M acceptance letter, then I re-logged back in, and saw the Ed.D rejection letter, so I was totally confused thinking that I was mistakenly admitted! That's why I emailed, and also because I couldn't access the prematric webstie!

So, I hope you all hear today! I guess those of us that heard last night, it was a glitch, and those letters were supposed to go out today! So, you should all hopefully get your official decisions in the apply yourself page today!

GOOD LUCK!!!!! cool.gif

Hi all, I too applied for the Ed.D, but was accepted to the Ed.M!

I emailed to ask about logging into the prematriculation website, and got a nice personal email back saying that there was a glitch in the application portal and basically, Ed.M letters are going out officially today, so you should all hopefully hear today. I had an issue wherein I logged in today and saw my Ed.M acceptance letter, then I re-logged back in, and saw the Ed.D rejection letter, so I was totally confused thinking that I was mistakenly admitted! That's why I emailed, and also because I couldn't access the prematric webstie!

So, I hope you all hear today! I guess those of us that heard last night, it was a glitch, and those letters were supposed to go out today! So, you should all hopefully get your official decisions in the apply yourself page today!

GOOD LUCK!!!!! cool.gif

so exciting you were admitted! now i am super anxious waiting to find out... question though: is the prematriculation website the same thing as the original application website? that's the only online portal i know of. please share if there is something different i should be looking at!

I got a personal email back from julia bourquin-associate director of admissions saying official letters are supposed to go out by end of the day today.

here's the text of part of the email. hope this helps!! cool.gif

we’re actually notifying applicants about Ed.M. status at the end of the day today – there was a minor glitch overnight which allowed you a sneak preview of your admit. That is why you were unable to access the prematriculation website – it’s not quite ready yet.

hey everyone. im currently a HGSE student and just wanted to say that i too was a bag of nerves a year ago. :)

congratulations to all who got in. this is truly a wonderful place and the atmosphere is AWESOME.

to any future TIE'ers out there, you picked the BEST program! hehe :)

I found out I got in today! I was actually out and about and got the email on my iPhone saying my admissions decision was ready - I RACED home immediately to log in and check and lo and behold, there it was :) I'm in the Ed.M. for Education Policy and Management. I actually think my decision was there yesterday but I didn't scroll down on the website far enough to see it - I'm kicking myself now, haha. Congrats to everyone! Looks like I need to book a flight out there at the end of March now...

Congratulations to all who got in! I am currently finishing my year in the Ed.M program for Higher Education. Please feel free to pm me with whatever questions you may have about HGSE or the higher ed program specifically!