omg, y'all

MegMill

Is anyone else already freaking out? This is absolutely ridiculous! It's not even mid-December and I cannot even control my thoughts, let alone biting my nails to bloody nubs! Ugh!

Has anyone ever heard of schools letting you know before late feb/mid-march? I mean really... I. NEED. TO. KNOW. or else invest in a defilutator.

Anyone know who has rolling admissions? A lot of the websites dont say either way.

Maybe Vandy? Emory? UNC? Anyone? Help me.

Xanex refill, done!

I don't know for history, but for neuro I know we have our interviews january/february/march so pending the school can hear late december. If you don't interview and just get accepted, I am sure it will not be until february. Check the results page..it has the best info!

Has anyone ever heard of schools letting you know before late feb/mid-march? I mean really... I. NEED. TO. KNOW. or else invest in a defilutator.

You applied to a lot of schools! :)

You will be fine! Don't worry!

I think many people are nervous!

I have no idea how I will survive until 15 April, much less keep my job. Not sleeping, anxious all the time, barely productive. For philosophy, there is another website with MUCH conversation going back several years, like some kind of acceptance letter p)rn. I have read all of it. OMG!

You applied to a lot of schools! :)

You will be fine! Don't worry!

I think many people are nervous!

Yeah I've definitely emptied out my checking AND savings account on this whole GRE, App process. And the reason why I applied to so many schools is because I am convinced I won't get in anywhere. The idea of applying to like 17,000 schools and not getting into even ONE of them is haunting me in the daylight and in the nightwatches.

I need a mercy killing.

Sorry to say, MegMill, but history programs take awhile (my boyfriend applied last year so I kept my eyes on the boards). The Results page is fairly accurate and will give you a good time line. If I remember correctly, my bf started hearing back from schools mid-to-late February, with most results in March and some unfortunately much later in April.

Just try to enjoy your holiday! You seem to be done with applications, and I understand the feeling that once something you have poured so much time into is actually completed, you barely know what to do with yourself. When I finished I just kept reading the boards and about grad school. God, we're all sort of freaks here, I think. ;)

Yea, we all are freaks freaking out other freaks here!!

Hi, my name is bhikhaari. And I am a freak. :D

"Hi bhikhaari...."

Do they make a 12 step for this? Honestly, I've got to get a grip or else this going to create a monstrosity of an ulcer in my gut.

:( and :angry: and :blink: and :unsure: and dry.gif

Sorry to say, MegMill, but history programs take awhile (my boyfriend applied last year so I kept my eyes on the boards). The Results page is fairly accurate and will give you a good time line. If I remember correctly, my bf started hearing back from schools mid-to-late February, with most results in March and some unfortunately much later in April.

Just try to enjoy your holiday! You seem to be done with applications, and I understand the feeling that once something you have poured so much time into is actually completed, you barely know what to do with yourself. When I finished I just kept reading the boards and about grad school. God, we're all sort of freaks here, I think. ;)

Thanks ScreamingHairy. Even though tha'ts bad news, it's better than no news. How'd your bf fair in the whole process? Was he as neurotic as the rest of us? Did he get in where he wanted to go? I sure hope so...

Thanks ScreamingHairy. Even though tha'ts bad news, it's better than no news. How'd your bf fair in the whole process? Was he as neurotic as the rest of us? Did he get in where he wanted to go? I sure hope so...

He got into a few, unsuccessful at a few others. It really seems to be hit or miss. And I think I was neurotic one during the whole process while he was just numb. :P It worked out in the end though, OSU is a good school for both of us.

He got into a few, unsuccessful at a few others. It really seems to be hit or miss. And I think I was neurotic one during the whole process while he was just numb. :P It worked out in the end though, OSU is a good school for both of us.

Oh that's great that you'e both at OSU! Fantastic. The odds!

Did he have interviews?

No, history departments do not give interviews. They'll contact if only they have more questions or just want certain applicants to elaborate more. Even so, that's not a guarantee that you will be accepted. There was just something shiny in your application that caught their eye.

You WILL survive. February is the worst month but you will survive. There'll be days that you just want to hide in your bed in hopes of passing the time so tomorrow would come. I promise. I've survived 2 cycles.

it's so great to read that other people are freaking out like me (I know i shouldnt be pleased by other people's stress, but it IS comforting). All I do is think about my applications, whether someone at some school has taken a peek at mine yet, what are they thinking, is there a huge mistake??? Some days I think, who are you fooling, you're not going to be accepted anywhere .... and some days I'm feeling really positive, and thinking, wooooo you'll definitely be accepted to ONE of them!! For sure!! One of them has to be fooled into accepting you lol. I'm already having total Imposter Syndrome .... which I didn't even know was a term until I joined this forum, and I'm SO glad there's a term for it because I thought it was just called Crazy.

I really just need to KNOW already!! I wish it were February :(((

Oh that's great that you'e both at OSU! Fantastic. The odds!

Did he have interviews?

We did keep our search to schools around each other (or at least driving distance), but just another example that two people can go to grad school together.

And no, he didn't have official interviews, though he did speak through email or phone with a few faculty members. Didn't seem to matter either way, as he got in to one and not another.

No, history departments do not give interviews. They'll contact if only they have more questions or just want certain applicants to elaborate more. Even so, that's not a guarantee that you will be accepted. There was just something shiny in your application that caught their eye.

You WILL survive. February is the worst month but you will survive. There'll be days that you just want to hide in your bed in hopes of passing the time so tomorrow would come. I promise. I've survived 2 cycles.

i *THINK* i'm thankful for this....

Edited by MegMill

Think of this as preparation for graduate school, when you submit papers, grant proposals, etc. and have to wait months to hear anything back.

It can be very frustrating, but it's good to get used to having to place the worry out of your mind- there's nothing you can do about it now other than wait, so getting used to managing that stress is helpful.

Sometimes viewing the stress as preparing yourself for the next step helps lessen it :-D

• 3 weeks later...

I've lost my mind already, and most of my deadlines haven't even passed, although I've completed my applications....just to increase the time of insanity to the max. blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

Anyway, if you want to pass the time, download the free "words with friends" app...it's basically scrabble for your phone and it does help pass the time. :)

I have dates and statuses of everything organized in google docs and religiously go through the links to all of the status pages a couple times a day to see if my status has changed! I even sift through my spam folder to make sure an e-mail from a grad school isn't filtered away!