Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

I don't know where else to post this because I can't really see straight and this is the thread that I've most been watching and hoping/empathizing with.. But I just got my acceptance to an MSc in Human Rights at LSE. Half of it is in international political economy, so I figured it fit here.

And they gave me funding. Funding! I can't stop crying and my fingers are shaking. I had to share. I don't think I've ever been this happy about a school-related decision before.

Congrats again - to get funding is an amazing achievement! I'm still keeping fingers crossed for a PhD admit...

I just got a funded acceptance from Delaware (posted on the board). Now my cycle is done! I will be going to Hopkins. Now I just hope I can get my I-20 before I fly back home.

On 3/15/2011 at 11:11 AM, athenianstranger said:

lasthope - Did the grad coordinator at LSU agree to give you your status over the phone? I emailed last week and tried calling yesterday, but had to leave a voicemail.

I don't think lasthope got a reply. LSU is definitely running way too late in this cycle.

By the way, anyone on the Maryland waiting list (or still haven't heard anything)?

lasthope - Did the grad coordinator at LSU agree to give you your status over the phone? I emailed last week and tried calling yesterday, but had to leave a voicemail.

yeh i got a response. acceptance but was hesitant to tell me. I believe the grad school is behind on paperwork. funding will be decided by friday. if you call find out if there is a visitation day or something.

I don't think anyone else here was applying to UCL, but just in case they were, I just received my offer to the school of Public Policy. No word on funding. I don't know if they ever give funding for masters and/or for international students. It's nice to be liked though.

yeh i got a response. acceptance but was hesitant to tell me. I believe the grad school is behind on paperwork. funding will be decided by friday. if you call find out if there is a visitation day or something.

Congratulations lasthope and athenianstranger. lasthope, Whom did you talk to? Dr. Bratton or Dr. Gasiorowski?

2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg

Good news everyone!

I finally heard back from Marquette. I was admitted with a research assistantship. The RA position covers 2/3 of tuition and provides a modest living stipend. It is the best package Marquette offers.

I feel relieved.

That's fantastic - I am so psyched for you!

Good news everyone!

I finally heard back from Marquette. I was admitted with a research assistantship. The RA position covers 2/3 of tuition and provides a modest living stipend. It is the best package Marquette offers.

I feel relieved.

Congratulations! It is a great MA program and will set you good for the best PhD programs in two years. I was admitted to Marquette few years back with the same offer you have now but decided to pass it off for another offer at the last minute.

Good news everyone!

I feel relieved.

Congrats!