Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

Any inside news on Columbia? I feel like I've been waiting forever for my rejection!

Check the board. Last year the rejections were all 13-14-15 March, and there's no reason to believe this year would be any different. Plus the admits and waitlists went out in February, as per usual for the last few years. If you haven't heard by now (which I haven't either, by the way), assume rejection with 99.9% certainty.

The rejection letter came in yesterday was for those who did not want to apply for the MA program in the Department. Maybe that explains why you are still waiting?

Makes sense. Btw, does NYU ever fund their MAs?

Edited by CAS166

LSU. I called last week and was told that an email was coming out in a couple days....its been a couple days. what field are you studying?

Comparative. Do you have any idea how many folks apply to the program? Seems to me it's an under-the-radar program.

Comparative. Do you have any idea how many folks apply to the program? Seems to me it's an under-the-radar program.

nice thats my field as well. no clue how many apply. it is surprisingly ranked higher than i thought. I prefer to live in the south so its a solid choice in my view but its reputation is unknown to me. hopefully that works out in our favor

nice thats my field as well. no clue how many apply. it is surprisingly ranked higher than i thought. I prefer to live in the south so its a solid choice in my view but its reputation is unknown to me. hopefully that works out in our favor

I agree. LSU have a few faculty members with whom i'm interested to work with even though they don't strictly work on my geographical region of interest. They're more into some interesting cross-national stuff.

For the new USC waitlist.. who did you call?

I called the number listed on the website. I spoke to a person that said that 15 people were admitted and that I was on the wait list and should receive something in the mail soon.

So noone yet has claimed any of the Toronto acceptances? I'm really anxious to hear because it'll be the de facto end, and will allow me to move on.

Late update, but I got into Chicago's CIR (I applied directly), full funding. Very happy, but some tough decisions now.

Assuming I get offered FLAS for the regional studies program I got into elsewhere, I'll need to weigh living expenses in Chicago versus their having a program more tailored to my potential academic interests. Then there's less time to continue improving language skills/potentially better career prospects with the regional studies MA if I for some reason choose not to go on to the PhD.

Still, a good position to be in. Best of luck as everyone reaches their decision points.

So noone yet has claimed any of the Toronto acceptances? I'm really anxious to hear because it'll be the de facto end, and will allow me to move on.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I know for a fact that Toronto sent out Ph.D offers on Monday of this week. MA offers will go out early next week.