Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

On 3/17/2011 at 8:45 AM, secretly_yes said:

I haven't received mine either. I am going to start worrying intensely right now.

Mine apparently hasn't come yet either from WUSTL. The original email said one to two weeks for the mailed letter, and that was dated March 3. 

Rejection from Oxford - bit of a blow to the ego, but the fit wasn't great so not too surprised. I have two other applications to places (one of which I have been accepted in to) that I much prefer in terms of course content, supervisor fit and location so I'm focussing on all that and not having to think seriously about the prestige factor of Oxford had I gotten in. Looking on the bright side!cool.gif

Rejection from Oxford - bit of a blow to the ego, but the fit wasn't great so not too surprised. I have two other applications to places (one of which I have been accepted in to) that I much prefer in terms of course content, supervisor fit and location so I'm focussing on all that and not having to think seriously about the prestige factor of Oxford had I gotten in. Looking on the bright side!cool.gif

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, was it for a MPhil, MSc, or a PhD? Oxford is the last school I am waiting on, so I'm quite anxious to hear back so I can make my decisions and get on with life. Congrats on the other acceptance!

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, was it for a MPhil, MSc, or a PhD? Oxford is the last school I am waiting on, so I'm quite anxious to hear back so I can make my decisions and get on with life. Congrats on the other acceptance!

Dphil for development studies which is why the fit was so important for me, and I guess why I'm not feeling as disappointed as I thought I would!

My online notice that came today from GWU also did not mention funding. A previous email from the department indicated that I am on the waitlist for a TA with a "good chance" that something will come through. I have a feeling it will take a few weeks for the dust to settle and clarify the situation.

Thanks tons for the reply!

still waiting on Georgetown and Toronto....but I'm pretty damn sure that I'm just waiting for rejection letters

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I know for a fact that all of Toronto's offers are out, both the MA and the PhD, both acceptances and waitlists.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I know for a fact that all of Toronto's offers are out, both the MA and the PhD, both acceptances and waitlists.

Oh, I know that. I just want the letter so I can burn it and burn away all the evil spirits associated with it! lol

Hi everyone,

I have not written before in this forum - i discovered it late - but I have since been closely following to get hints about the admissions progress and process.

I applied to a number of PhD programs in political science, and I have been rejected by all except than two:

-NYU offered me a consolation masters

-I am still waiting on Georgetown.

I looked through this forum for tips on consolations masters and i apologize if I am asking something that has already been answered: are they really worth it? I emailed NYU and they said they let 1 or 2 students into the PhD program (he didnt mention the size of the class or how many people apply to it through the consolation masters).

Also, have all the funded/unfunded admits to GU been sent out? (if yes then I am a rejection)..:)

Thank you for your help!

Not that I'm terribly optimistic about it, but has anybody been in touch with Notre Dame?

I've emailed them (yeah, I know, not much hope of a response there), but no reply.

I've been in touch with Notre Dame off and on a bit - I talked to them today, to let them know that I made it into my backup school (I'm on the Wait List right now). I was told that they hoped to have more information about the Constitutionalism, Law, and Politics subfield by the end of next week. So maybe more information is coming soon for you!