2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

7 minutes ago, kristinaaa said:

Thanks for responding! I don't see that date anywhere on my applicant portal?

I am super anxious, I hope we get notified soon!!!😆

The date of notification can actually be found on the 'important dates' page of the program site! Sorry about that, my brain is obviously mush right now from the nerves!! 

10 minutes ago, BerrySpeechie said:

The date of notification can actually be found on the 'important dates' page of the program site! Sorry about that, my brain is obviously mush right now from the nerves!! 

I just saw it! Thank you so much

But do you know how come it says in brackets (Note: this date has changed in 2024!)

2 minutes ago, kristinaaa said:

I just saw it! Thank you so much

But do you know how come it says in brackets (Note: this date has changed in 2024!)

I think it’s because they let applicants know in mid-late March last year, but changed it to April 2 this year :) 

39 minutes ago, AlyssaSSLP said:

Do you guys know if those who are waitlisted/rejected from McGill are told that today too?? Or do they stagger acceptances/waitlists/rejections?

I am also wondering this.....also were those all the acceptance emails they are going to send? Has anyone's status changed in the portal?

I called Mcgill about 30 minutes ago and they informed me that they were gonna start sending out decisions at 3 pm! I guess some got out earlier! Congratulations to all those who got accepted :)

4 minutes ago, chloeslp said:

got into mcgill! very surprised since my gpa was definitely not the most competitive. best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats!

May I ask if you don't mind what your GPA was? Or if I could PM you?

5 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

Congrats!

May I ask if you don't mind what your GPA was? Or if I could PM you?

of course! I had a 3.65/4. Definitely not bad, but also not as insanely high as what a lot of schools seem to require. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions!

This might be a silly question, but does ORPAS release all decisions on April 3? Or do they continue to send them throughout the next couple of days like Dal and McGill?

3 minutes ago, dyinginside69 said:

They will be sending out decisions until Friday. Wish they could just release them all at once. I don’t want to be stuck in limbo anymore. 

Ugh I agree!! 😩 Did you call them to confirm this? 

5 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

This might be a silly question, but does ORPAS release all decisions on April 3? Or do they continue to send them throughout the next couple of days like Dal and McGill?

In the past I have gotten emails right at midnight or pretty soon after from UofT and Western.