2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

Mass email, no doubt, with my essay title inserted into it for a personal touch. I am in awe--absolute awe right now. The only hope I have now is to not get dicked over by HDS or YDS, as I cannot transplant my life somewhere to live on loans for three years.

I'm sorry :( i'm not following, though....they sent out a mass email for those that didn't get the invite? please explain....

also, you sound like a great applicant, so i bet HDS or YDS will accept you!!!

For those talking about Vanderbilt: Are you guys worried that you weren't accepted to the program at all, or that you won't receive the funding that you had hoped for? I'm waiting on acceptance from Vandy as well, so you have got me worried. :) Also what programs are you all applying to? MTS or MDiv?

For those talking about Vanderbilt: Are you guys worried that you weren't accepted to the program at all, or that you won't receive the funding that you had hoped for? I'm waiting on acceptance from Vandy as well, so you have got me worried. :) Also what programs are you all applying to? MTS or MDiv?

At this point VDS is probably only sending out its big winner scholarships. I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted, but this reduces my chances of a full tuition scholarship considerably. So, it's premature to worry about acceptances. MDiv here.

At this point VDS is probably only sending out its big winner scholarships. I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted, but this reduces my chances of a full tuition scholarship considerably. So, it's premature to worry about acceptances. MDiv here.

I see. Thanks! This wait is driving me insane. I've heard that most schools don't start sending out their mainstream acceptance letters until the first week of March, but I could be wrong about that.

I see. Thanks! This wait is driving me insane. I've heard that most schools don't start sending out their mainstream acceptance letters until the first week of March, but I could be wrong about that.

Correct. It's becoming increasingly obvious that I am very "mainstream"

I am not sure how to respond to that =P.

But every school I've emailed and called has informed me that I should hear back before beginning of March. So question, do most schools contact you via phone, email, or snail mail?

Edited by ThaiCurry

Mass email, no doubt, with my essay title inserted into it for a personal touch. I am in awe--absolute awe right now. The only hope I have now is to not get dicked over by HDS or YDS, as I cannot transplant my life somewhere to live on loans for three years.

They sent me an email saying they enjoyed my essay and I was still eligible for scholarships--just not the good ones ("Please be assured that you will be fully considered for a range of other scholarships beginning early next month.")(with some degree of hyperbole here). Honestly, I wanted to go to Emory for the scholars at the GTU -- not the M.Div program. The M.Div program isn't that great. It's the the "getting my foot in the door" for the GDU at Emory that I wanted to do. I'm actually still waiting on my PHD applications -- the Mdiv was my plan B!

Let's be real: I've got a MA and post-grad degree in religion. If I have to pay-in again.... I will never get out of debt. Cripes, I've almost got enough to buy two fancy cars! Unless they can wave 80% of my tuition, they don't deserve me. Sorry to be a slapdick, but I've got several published articles, I work for a theological journal as right hand man to my editor (Most PHDs cant even say that!), I teach, I work as a research/teaching assistant--have solid grades in all of my programs AND I'm involved in my community with all sorts of service that I don't get credit for 99% of the time! Can't wave tuition? I'll find someone better who can. Yes, I'm butthurt about this -- kind of offended even, but I sure as hell won't be giving them my 100 bucks deposit until they show me what "range of other scholarships beginning early next month" that I will be getting if I write them a check. And I sure as hell won't pay-in anything more than 20% to Emory -- the Baals of Coca-Cola for crying out loud!

/rant off -- I feel better now.

BTW: this post is not grammatically/typographically sound.

They sent me an email saying they enjoyed my essay and I was still eligible for scholarships--just not the good ones ("Please be assured that you will be fully considered for a range of other scholarships beginning early next month.")(with some degree of hyperbole here). Honestly, I wanted to go to Emory for the scholars at the GTU -- not the M.Div program. The M.Div program isn't that great. It's the the "getting my foot in the door" for the GDU at Emory that I wanted to do. I'm actually still waiting on my PHD applications -- the Mdiv was my plan B!

Let's be real: I've got a MA and post-grad degree in religion. If I have to pay-in again.... I will never get out of debt. Cripes, I've almost got enough to buy two fancy cars! Unless they can wave 80% of my tuition, they don't deserve me. Sorry to be a slapdick, but I've got several published articles, I work for a theological journal as right hand man to my editor (Most PHDs cant even say that!), I teach, I work as a research/teaching assistant--have solid grades in all of my programs AND I'm involved in my community with all sorts of service that I don't get credit for 99% of the time! Can't wave tuition? I'll find someone better who can. Yes, I'm butthurt about this -- kind of offended even, but I sure as hell won't be giving them my 100 bucks deposit until they show me what "range of other scholarships beginning early next month" that I will be getting if I write them a check. And I sure as hell won't pay-in anything more than 20% to Emory -- the Baals of Coca-Cola for crying out loud!

/rant off -- I feel better now.

BTW: this post is not grammatically/typographically sound.

Lucky for you, it seems that they report their MDiv program's average funding is 80%. However, I understand your frustration.

I'll be turning down the offer from Candler (and Leadership Candler) in a few minutes via email. I hope they invite one of you that applied; at the very least, this frees up scholarship space for someone.

Edited by new mexico

What fields of study at fordham are starting to send out their offers? Is it just theology or does that include Christianity in Antiquity?

So Fordham has started contacting Ph.D. acceptances apparently. My heart-rate and blood pressure has tripled. I wonder when I should start worrying? I honestly thought I had a pretty good shot at this.

What fields of study at fordham are starting to send out their offers? Is it just theology or does that include Christianity in Antiquity?

Well, the results page says theology, which houses the Christianity in Antiquity field, if I'm not mistaken. I'm a CiA applicant myself, with my fingers still crossed.

Duke's ThD has sent out their letters, FYI. I wonder: does anyone out there know if Duke's ThD does a waitlist?

I had a friend who got into Duke's ThD last year off the waitlist. She found out sometime late March/early April - they had her come down for a visit and interview, and then she made the decision while she was down there. She still got a really decent financial package, too.

I had a friend who got into Duke's ThD last year off the waitlist. She found out sometime late March/early April - they had her come down for a visit and interview, and then she made the decision while she was down there. She still got a really decent financial package, too.

Also, those on the waitlist were contacted this past Monday. Best of luck!

Edited by scdude

Is anyone else bemoaning the fact that Union, Yale, and Harvard all submit their results in mid-March, later than almost everyone else for MDiv?

Absolutely. I'm only applying to two schools; I got one acceptance last week, and will have to wait a MONTH to hear from Harvard. I still need to hear about any financial aid from Andover Newton, though, so it will be helpful to have that information first, before I start making any decisions. Still-- frustrating as hell.

Absolutely. I'm only applying to two schools; I got one acceptance last week, and will have to wait a MONTH to hear from Harvard. I still need to hear about any financial aid from Andover Newton, though, so it will be helpful to have that information first, before I start making any decisions. Still-- frustrating as hell.

Congrats on the acceptance to ANTS. I hope to hear from BU soon. Maybe we'll take some classes together through BTI. Good luck with Harvard!