2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

Also, has anyone heard from Chicago yet? I know there was someone who called to get their results early, but what about others? I called the admissions office last week, and they told me that they would be sending personal emails to each applicant and hoped to finish by the end of last week. I haven't heard anything yet, though.

I too called last week and got the same response. They said they would even be sending them out over the weekend. My nerves have been out of control since the phone call. I check the "get mail" button on my mac mail ever 15 minutes--pathetic.

I guess we just have to wait.

If anyone hears please post! I will do the same.

I too called last week and got the same response. They said they would even be sending them out over the weekend. My nerves have been out of control since the phone call. I check the "get mail" button on my mac mail ever 15 minutes--pathetic.

I guess we just have to wait.

If anyone hears please post! I will do the same.

I heard for Chicago Mdiv last week. I guess there are different mdiv/ma decision dates?

Just so everyone knows, I don't think you'll have much luck petitioning HDS for larger grants. It's their policy not to adjust grants at all, even if some admitted students turn down their offers. I suppose it's worth a try, but even though my potential advisor wrote to the admissions office, it didn't make any difference.

Yup. In email this morning, they let me know that 1/2 tuition is the largest need-based grant they offer. All other grants are merit-based and are final offers. :-) I have no problem with that -- I know that there are folks with higher GPAs who are more competitive candidates and got merit money. Besides, it gives me even more reason to kick a$$ in my first year there. :-)

Yup. In email this morning, they let me know that 1/2 tuition is the largest need-based grant they offer. All other grants are merit-based and are final offers. :-) I have no problem with that -- I know that there are folks with higher GPAs who are more competitive candidates and got merit money. Besides, it gives me even more reason to kick a$ in my first year there. :-)

Trin, I'm lovin' the positive attitude!!! don't lose hope, and keep up the good work!!! So you're definitely going to HDS? Maybe we can take a class together through the BTI!!! (I'll be at BU STH most likely.)

Are you kidding me? YDS decisions don't go out until tomorrow according to a mass email. Aaarrggh! They told me as recently as this morning that we should know today!

hopefully, the extended wait will bring great news! :)

Trin, I'm lovin' the positive attitude!!! don't lose hope, and keep up the good work!!! So you're definitely going to HDS? Maybe we can take a class together through the BTI!!! (I'll be at BU STH most likely.)

I can't help but be positive, given how lucky I am right now. :-) If I were a different sort of writer, I'd be talking about divine grace right about now. Anyway, YES, BTI. You have Prothero at BU, and I heart him too, especially his work on respecting pluralistic differences. :-) He's the kind of religious communicator that I appreciate, aside from my other scholarly interests.

REJECTED AGAIN. It looks like the only people I could fool into taking me on is Emory. I'm done visiting this website for the time being. Take care. Enjoy school.

Oh no, Dillskyplayer, that sucks -- I'm very sorry. If you come back to look, I wish you good luck in the future -- let me know if you want to talk about the Decatur/Emory area.

In at Yale! This is THE program for me. It's a whole degree based on my favorite niche. Access to John and Adella Collins, Harold Attridge, Bentley Layton, and on and on. Wow. We'll see about funding, but it would have to be pretty bad to get me away from New Haven!

I'm glad you've been admitted to your best-fit! I hope the funding is good. :-)

In at Yale. That's a huge load off of my shoulders. Congratulations to my fellow acceptees, but (more importantly) commiserations to those who did not get in.

This is a terrible process and an inherently stressful one. Remember that the results here do not say anything about you as a scholar and especially not as a person. There's not much else to say on that front.

Also in at YDS!!! I look forward to meeting my fellow accepted students in New Haven. Congratulations to you!

For those who were not accepted, I echo that this process sucks - it is way too stressful and is often based on factors outside of your control. I had myself convinced I was not accepted before I received the notification based on the stats I saw on this website. You are all awesome students so take heart - you sure intimidated me at least!

For those who were not accepted, I echo that this process sucks - it is way too stressful and is often based on factors outside of your control. I had myself convinced I was not accepted before I received the notification based on the stats I saw on this website. You are all awesome students so take heart - you sure intimidated me at least!

Same here!! When I saw how many of us applied to Yale, and how incredible everyone's stats were, I had no hope to get into Yale -- I was instead banking on Duke and Princeton.

Godspeed, everyone. I'm waiting to hear back on funding from Duke before I accept the Yale offer, but I hope Yale works out and I may meet you this Fall! :)

Just received an email from Chicago Div! I am in! Thank God.

Wasn't expecting to hear at 11 PM...I am going to be up for awhile!

If you have any questions about the Div school, feel free to ask/message me! Like I said, I took all my classes there fourth year, and I'm pretty familiar with the faculty/student body.

Congratulations!! What an outstanding program, I was kind of hoping to apply there as well, but didn't want to take the GRE ;).

11 PM is certainly peculiar!! Congrats again =).

I just heard from Chicago as well, just a shade after midnight central time no less! I am in as well! And they just significantly reduced their tuition rates to around normal div-school levels, so the 50% remission offer is pretty tempting, especially considering their in-house petition to the PhD program and high PhD placement rates...

Maybe I'll see you in Hyde Park!

I just heard from Chicago as well, just a shade after midnight central time no less! I am in as well! And they just significantly reduced their tuition rates to around normal div-school levels, so the 50% remission offer is pretty tempting, especially considering their in-house petition to the PhD program and high PhD placement rates...

Maybe I'll see you in Hyde Park!

Aw, congratulations to both of you! Again, if you do have questions about Hyde Park, U of C, the Div school...

Are either of you going to the accepted students' day?

To everyone who got into YDS... hi!

I was a participant on the forum when I got into YDS in 2009--I've been going half-time, and am still here (MARc in history), and my husband just got his acceptance to the same program! Feel free to drop a private message if you'd like any advice on the program, living in New Haven, etc. And congratulations to all of you!

I've stalked the YDS online application results TWICE now, with two acceptances, and I think I was more thrilled with his than mine. It's really great here--let me know if you have any questions!

Aw, congratulations to both of you! Again, if you do have questions about Hyde Park, U of C, the Div school...

Are either of you going to the accepted students' day?

Thanks for your offer to answer any questions. I may be PMing you soon!

I am pretty certain that I will be attending the prospective students day. Where are you planning to go this fall vega maudlin?

Thanks for your offer to answer any questions. I may be PMing you soon!

I am pretty certain that I will be attending the prospective students day. Where are you planning to go this fall vega maudlin?

Not honestly sure yet. Yale was originally my top choice, and I love Chicago Div dearly, but it is hard (and rather unwise, methinks) to turn down a full-tuition plus stipend offer. So I will probably be deciding between ND, Emory, and BU.