2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

It appears as if two students have received notices of acceptance for Marquette's Ph.D. in theology. Care to share details? Please PM me if you don't want to make a public post.

Thanks in advance,

Hermeneut (Joe)

My OPUS changed from "Your admissions decision is not available at this time" at 9 am today to "Congratulations on your acceptance!" at 9:30.

Not that I checked obsessively or anything.

Congrats! Do they include funding info, or does that come later?

Too and also, I just got my first stateside school decision back in the post. Vandy accepted me for their MTS in Biblical Studies, but with only 40% tuition remission. I know Nashville is cheap, but this would be tough to swing. I hope other programs can do better, but I kind of doubt it.

Congrats! Do they include funding info, or does that come later?

Too and also, I just got my first stateside school decision back in the post. Vandy accepted me for their MTS in Biblical Studies, but with only 40% tuition remission. I know Nashville is cheap, but this would be tough to swing. I hope other programs can do better, but I kind of doubt it.

Ooh congratulations on Vandy!

Emory's funding comes later... though my tax returns are still on their way, so maybe if you have all your financial stuff in already you will get notice of funding earlier?

Not sure.

I'm wondering if the Vandy letters are just for MTS or if the MDiv letters have been mailed as well? Ugh, but congrats on your acceptances!

Just answered my own question - admitted to Vanderbilt Divinity School with very good funding. MDivs are in the mail officially then.

Just answered my own question - admitted to Vanderbilt Divinity School with very good funding. MDivs are in the mail officially then.

Congrats!

Has anyone heard from Yale, Harvard or Indiana yet? I've got 2 good offers under my belt, but I'm waiting anxiously on these three to make my decision.

I have yet to hear from Harvard or Yale yet as I'm applying to the master's program. Which programs are you applying to? A colleague of mine heard from Harvard already (rejected from the NT PhD; and waitlisted on the NT ThD). I neither know about Yale's doctoral notifications through the GDR nor Indiana's.

Congrats!

Has anyone heard from Yale, Harvard or Indiana yet? I've got 2 good offers under my belt, but I'm waiting anxiously on these three to make my decision.

I received a great offer from Drew yesterday (Ph.D.). I am excited, but still waiting to here from Harvard GSAS, Yale, and Union before I can make a decision. How was your friend notified about the Harvard Ph.D.? When did s/he get the news?

I have yet to hear from Harvard or Yale yet as I'm applying to the master's program. Which programs are you applying to? A colleague of mine heard from Harvard already (rejected from the NT PhD; and waitlisted on the NT ThD). I neither know about Yale's doctoral notifications through the GDR nor Indiana's.

I applied to the religions of late antiquity PhD. I don't really expect to get in based on their last few years of accepting their own masters students, but I am surprised that I haven't heard anything at all yet, Maybe its in the mail and just hasn't reached me yet here in seattle.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I thought I'd add my news. I heard back from Candler via OPUS on the 22nd...an acceptance, yay!

Oh, and it is an acceptance for the MTS.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is OPUS? I've heard a few people mention that before on here.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is OPUS? I've heard a few people mention that before on here.

Opus is Emory's web site for applicants and students, it offers a to-do list for admissions and financial aid. Decision letters are uploaded to Opus before anything official is delivered through the post service.

I wonder what a solid admit from Vandy says about my chances at HDS, YDS, and Union (the three I haven't heard back from).

Well, congrats on the Vandy :). Although, I hope you get accepted to HDS for the MDiv. I got into Boston University for the MDiv, and if you get into HDS we could take some classes via the consortium! :)

Anyways, I'm going to BU :D

Edited by new mexico