Structural Engineering FALL 2011 Admits

d3amon

FIRST ACCEPTANCE: ADMITTED TO STANFORD !!!

Structural Engineering, Master of Science.

Admitted by mail (postal service). Letter sent on February 24 and received today (Europe).

I am international so I was not applying for funding

I do not know what to say... I'm so fucking happy.

¡¡¡ Best luck for all !!!

Did anybody here apply to Virginia Tech and heard back yet? I'm applying for an MS. I'm starting to get a little nervous... But I got accepted to Penn State so at least I'm going somewhere so that's a relief!

Edited by honeybear

Did anybody here apply to Virginia Tech and heard back yet? I'm applying for an MS. I'm starting to get a little nervous... But I got accepted to Penn State so at least I'm going somewhere so that's a relief!

Although I'm transpo, I just heard back from VT yesterday/today. Hopefully you'll hear soon too!

Congrats!!!

How did your recruiting weekends go?

Really well, thanks! I'm going to be freaking out here soon, UIUC told us that about 15 of us would get funding of the 25 that were at the weekend.

The past weekend or the next coming weekend ? :o

Really well, thanks! I'm going to be freaking out here soon, UIUC told us that about 15 of us would get funding of the 25 that were at the weekend.

And by the way, UIUC gave me the last data as July 1st to give them reply about if i will go there or not. Should I follow the 4/15 deadline or their deadline ???:unsure:

At the recruiting weekend they said that funding information will go out by the end of this month. They said if you are offered funding that they would appreciate it if you accept or decline the funding offer by April 15th, other than that if you aren't offered funding I don't think it matters.

I was not invited there. Guess the chance is small .. COME ON ,! Stanford UBC and MIT!!!!!

At the recruiting weekend they said that funding information will go out by the end of this month. They said if you are offered funding that they would appreciate it if you accept or decline the funding offer by April 15th, other than that if you aren't offered funding I don't think it matters.

I went to CU Boulder's and Lehigh's visitation days the last two weekends and loved both of them. This Friday is GA Tech. I'm definitely tired of traveling. I've heard back from all my schools except Rutgers. 4/5 so far with acceptances:). I have an awesome Fellowship at Lehigh ($25k stipend) and great funding at Vandy ($25k TA +$5k Fellowship). No word on $$$ anywhere else. CU Boulder said I'll know in the next few weeks and I'm hoping GA Tech says something this weekend.

Does anyone have heard something about UC Berkeley or UC San Diego?

There are too few people on the results page being admitted to those institutions.

I applied for Masters at Berkeley and haven't heard anything yet, but I haven't heard from anywhere except for Lehigh and UIUC, so I think most schools are just being really slow for people who didn't apply to a PhD program. Hopefully they realize that the deadline is almost a month away!

alot of schools seem to be really slow period. I applied phd to Minnesota, Texas, Wisconsin, and Washington, and not a peep yet. other than a few people hearing from UMN for visitation [not me :(], no one on here has posted any news for structures...driving me bananas.

I applied for Masters at Berkeley and haven't heard anything yet, but I haven't heard from anywhere except for Lehigh and UIUC, so I think most schools are just being really slow for people who didn't apply to a PhD program. Hopefully they realize that the deadline is almost a month away!

GA Tech was so awesome this weekend! No mention of $$--I'm assuming that they wanted to meet us in person before deciding on the funding situation. I hope I made a good impression!!!

Edited by phunky

One M.S. acceptance on friday and one Ph.D. rejection today from Berkeley.

This goes very slooooooowwwwwwly...

What percentage of people applying do you think visit thegradcafe.com and post their results, maybe about 20%?

Edited by Yuri_Gagarin

GA Tech was so awesome this weekend! No mention of $--I'm assuming that they wanted to meet us in person before deciding on the funding situation. I hope I made a good impression!!!

Hey! So I had the same deal at GATech too. I talked to the person who was the head of my program (Meyer) and he told me what was going on in regards to funding and gave me my letter on Friday.

Were you the only one there this weekend who hadn't heard about funding? I don't think its unreasonable to ask about it because professors know that funding can (and mostly likely will) influence your decision.

Hey! So I had the same deal at GATech too. I talked to the person who was the head of my program (Meyer) and he told me what was going on in regards to funding and gave me my letter on Friday.

Were you the only one there this weekend who hadn't heard about funding? I don't think its unreasonable to ask about it because professors know that funding can (and mostly likely will) influence your decision.

Everyone I talked to in structures had not heard anything about funding. Congrats on getting an official letter!!

Everyone I talked to in structures had not heard anything about funding. Congrats on getting an official letter!!

Thanks!! So yeah... I don't know if I would hesitate to ask about funding or when you expect to hear back about funding, because that is a huge part of the choosing a school for a lot of people.

Thanks!! So yeah... I don't know if I would hesitate to ask about funding or when you expect to hear back about funding, because that is a huge part of the choosing a school for a lot of people.

Yup, if I'm not fully supported, I can't go. All my profs know this.