DAAD scholarships Fall 2023

JammyJam2020

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, esraC said:

Hi. Thanks for opening this sub-topic. 
I also aim to apply for PhD grant if I can manage to prepare my documents in a few days, hopefully. I am from Turkey and my subject area is psychology/clinical psychology. 
I wish good luck to everyone also!

Good luck! The application for American students just closed on November 4th. Hope you're able to get everything submitted in time! If I can ask, why are you hoping to study in Germany? 

Just now, JammyJam2020 said:

Good luck! The application for American students just closed on November 4th. Hope you're able to get everything submitted in time! If I can ask, why are you hoping to study in Germany? 

Hi! 
For Turkey it says the deadline is on 15th november so I am currently working on to finish my research proposal and other rather easy documents. I said rather easy because I am familiar with DAAD scholarships as previously I applied for a short-term research grant - now aim for phd funding. 
I want to study in Germany because I did my previous research stay during my masters there and I have already a network there :) What about you? 

16 minutes ago, esraC said:

Hi! 
For Turkey it says the deadline is on 15th november so I am currently working on to finish my research proposal and other rather easy documents. I said rather easy because I am familiar with DAAD scholarships as previously I applied for a short-term research grant - now aim for phd funding. 
I want to study in Germany because I did my previous research stay during my masters there and I have already a network there :) What about you? 

Nice! I participated in the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange last year. It's an international fellowship that gave me the chance to live study and intern in Germany. I got a chance to visit my target university and experience what higher education is like there. I also built a solid network there, so needless to say I would love to go back! I'm planning on pursuing a Masters in Human Computer Interaction. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2022 at 11:23 AM, Lisa3 said:

Hii! Can anyone here, who has applied for the DAAD Arts, tell if the link to submit the portfolio is available yet? 

Hello! Not sure if it changes depending on the region, I'm from South America and received the link on 28th of October, the deadline for submission being 7th of November.

Hi, hope everyone is doing fine. Ive applied for PhD grant for 23-24 AY. My Masters degree GPA is 4.00, I have several study and work abroad experiences, I am a former Fulbright scholar, and I already got a supervisor in Germany. What do u think the chance of my application being successful in DAAD? Thank you.

Noone is an authority here, I guess, but as someone who has been awarded with 2 DAAD scholarships before, I think your chances are quite high.  Fingers crossed! I also applied for my third scholarship, this time for PhD. I wish luck for both of us. 

On 1/3/2023 at 8:21 AM, Mariolehrer said:

Hi, hope everyone is doing fine. Ive applied for PhD grant for 23-24 AY. My Masters degree GPA is 4.00, I have several study and work abroad experiences, I am a former Fulbright scholar, and I already got a supervisor in Germany. What do u think the chance of my application being successful in DAAD? Thank you.

And also, I think our  profiles are quite similar. I also have previous scholarships (not Fullbright tho), high grades, previous abroad experiences as well as a supervisor in Germany waiting for me.  let's hope for the best! 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Ayunna said:

Anyone from Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture heard back or had a status update? Mine is still paper copies received, they had previously written the selection would be finished in January.

i'm also applying for the same funding. mine also says paper copies received, no more infos. but if i remember correctly from checking last few years' forums, it might take some time (february/march), so let's be patient i guess:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, slavka_f said:

i'm also applying for the same funding. mine also says paper copies received, no more infos. but if i remember correctly from checking last few years' forums, it might take some time (february/march), so let's be patient i guess:)

My status changed to selection made, so I guess the final results will be out any time now. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, Ayunna said:

My status changed to selection made, so I guess the final results will be out any time now. Good luck!

Wow that quick? I guess they evaluate subject applications quicker than others. I imagine those of us applying for the general study scholarship are still gonna be waiting a while. In any case, good luck! Hope you end up getting it! 

On 1/7/2023 at 8:38 AM, esraC said:

And also, I think our  profiles are quite similar. I also have previous scholarships (not Fullbright tho), high grades, previous abroad experiences as well as a supervisor in Germany waiting for me.  let's hope for the best! 

Hi Esra, did you hear from DAAD? all the best for u too, btw

7 hours ago, Mariolehrer said:

Hi Esra, did you hear from DAAD? all the best for u too, btw

Hi, no unfortunately it is still on "paper copies received". 
I am not so sure but I think we'll hear the result earliest by end of march - first week of april but I hope we both can get a positive result as soon as possible. Fingers crossed! 

Hey everyone, sadly, I got a rejection letter. I had applied to the postgraduate studies in the field of architecture scholarship from Brazil.

Makes me wish I knew the reason of the rejection... I wasn't totally confident but had a good GPA, three years of internship experience while studying, did research for around two years also while studying and had already participated in some international events, some even having DAAD as a partner. I also had a letter from a professor from Germany stating I was part of the winning group of a summer school organized by a university from Germany and the other from the USA.

Even though I know this isn't the end, (it just means things will be a bit harder) I am now worried my qualifications aren't enough to be admitted to the universities I had in mind in Germany. Maybe the fact that I didn't have yet an admission letter is what disqualified me somewhat.

I wish you all the best and all luck

5 hours ago, Mariolehrer said:

Do u remember the gap between you got the result and arrived in germany last time u got a daad scholarship?

also, do u know if we are required to be interviewed before selection?

Hi, 
Last time I applied the deadline was again 15th Novembe and I got the official results in early april. 
But regarding interview ı am not sure and I also would like to know because earlier I applied for a short term research grant and that did not require an interview but regarding phd scholarship I heard inconsistent reports... Maybe depends on the country? I dont know 

On 2/10/2023 at 1:11 PM, esraC said:

Hi, 
Last time I applied the deadline was again 15th Novembe and I got the official results in early april. 
But regarding interview ı am not sure and I also would like to know because earlier I applied for a short term research grant and that did not require an interview but regarding phd scholarship I heard inconsistent reports... Maybe depends on the country? I dont know 

Hi Esra,

Thank you. I applied for a doctoral research grant which takes 4 years, so our conditions might not be similar. Fingers crossed. Please, lmk if u receive any updates, i will do so too.