DAAD scholarships Fall 2023

JammyJam2020

10 hours ago, Mariolehrer said:

Hi Esra,

Thank you. I applied for a doctoral research grant which takes 4 years, so our conditions might not be similar. Fingers crossed. Please, lmk if u receive any updates, i will do so too.

No I was talking about my previous application. This time I also applied to PhD grant :)

10 hours ago, Adam_1 said:

I now have "Selection made" in my application status. What does this mean?

Nothing ? it doesn't mean anything, just the committee has reviewed our application. I have sent a new message in the portal and asked about the result but they said, I should just wait until end of February for final result.

Edited by phd-urban-design-2023

13 hours ago, Adam_1 said:

I now have "Selection made" in my application status. What does this mean?

2 hours ago, phd-urban-design-2023 said:

Nothing ? it doesn't mean anything, just the committee has reviewed our application. I have sent a new message in the portal and asked about the result but they said, I should just wait until end of February for final result.

Hi, guys may I ask from which country did you apply and when was the deadline for application for you?
Thanks! 

3 hours ago, phd-urban-design-2023 said:

I see. Thanks for the information. I heard that people who had their funding dates changed to one year ––instead of the initially inserted dates for two years–– are scholarship winners. Is this true?

17 hours ago, phd-urban-design-2023 said:

I don't think so. However, mine is still 4 years as planned.

They sent me an email today with the result. I was not awarded a scholarship but rather been nominated on a reserve list in case a scholarship becomes available which I don't think a winner would reject the scholarship.

59 minutes ago, Adam_1 said:

They sent me an email today with the result. I was not awarded a scholarship but rather been nominated on a reserve list in case a scholarship becomes available which I don't think a winner would reject the scholarship.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can find another way to cover the living cost which is not hard in Germany as I heard. Did your status also change in your portal? 

11 hours ago, phd-urban-design-2023 said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can find another way to cover the living cost which is not hard in Germany as I heard. Did your status also change in your portal? 

No, the status is still "Selection made."

1 hour ago, Lisa3 said:

I see, I didn't check the portal before, so I didn't know if it is new or not. If it was there also before, so it doesn't mean anything.

There is a form to download there that who has an application award letter should fill and upload. 

Edited by phd-urban-design-2023

I applied for the Master's in All Academic Disciplines not too long before the deadline in November, out of the US. The acknowledgement of receipt letter said that they'd be meeting in April, and my page still says "Initial Funding" and "Application submitted". The original page for the scholarship says selection in February, though, so I'm getting nervous enough to find forums like this anyways!