DAAD scholarships Fall 2023

JammyJam2020

5 minutes ago, Wambura said:

My current status reads "Selection made" I can't really tell how my status has changed over time since for the scholarship I applied for (EPOS) application was made directly to the university, so I only registered to the DAAD portal when I was prompted to do so by a coordinator from DAAD scholarship team.

That is true; your application process differs slightly from mine. The status on my DAAD portal has been "selection made" for the last two weeks or so. Last week I found a new prompt to sign and upload a consent for processing medical data, which I did. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens next.

Hi everyone! So glad I found a tread for this year DAAD selection.

I'm a graphic designer from Brazil applying to the "Studies in Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual" program. My goal is to do a Masters degree in Cologne.

The final date for uploading the Portfolio was 31 of January (after a delay, as it was planned to be on the 15 at first). 

Never got a confirmation for the portfolio upload. It was like a drive, but there was no final "upload" button at the end. I sent an email to the Sao Paulo office yesterday asking questions just to make sure (I was a bit nervous this past week).

If they follow their own schedule I should have an answer by the end of this month. However, after reading the thread from the 21/22 people I'm not optimistic anymore. A guy applying for the same scholarship as me, with very similar dates, only received a real answer in the middle of June (he made it, it was so cool to know!)

So yeah, I just wanted to share so people in the future can read this, and for me to feel less lonely in the process.

Keeping the hopes up, but preparing myself for not hearing from them for a few months.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:17 PM, esraC said:

Hi guys, is there anyone from Turkey who applied to doctoral grants? anyone heard anything yet? 

Hello everyone. I found this thread kinda late in the game but I figured I'd share my experience.

I applied from Turkey to the Graduate School Scholarship Programme. My application was made to a specific institution and department for a specific 4-Year Doctoral Position for International Students so my situation might be a bit different. After preparing a thesis proposal and directly applying to the university I had an interview with their academic board and they then nominated me for the DAAD scholarship along with an official Confirmation of Nomination letter. The deadline for the application to the university was 15 December 2022 and the deadline for the application through the DAAD portal was 20 Feb 2023 (I applied on the 16th). Right now my current status is "Selection Made" and I received a letter 4 days ago informing me that my application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. Also the timeline for my funding has not changed (2023-2026). That's all for now, this thread has been great for easing my anxiety and I'd love to share any details you might be interested in. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by AylinP.

8 hours ago, AylinP. said:

Hello everyone. I found this thread kinda late in the game but I figured I'd share my experience.

I applied from Turkey to the Graduate School Scholarship Programme. My application was made to a specific institution and department for a specific 4-Year Doctoral Position for International Students so my situation might be a bit different. After preparing a thesis proposal and directly applying to the university I had an interview with their academic board and they then nominated me for the DAAD scholarship along with an official Confirmation of Nomination letter. The deadline for the application to the university was 15 December 2022 and the deadline for the application through the DAAD portal was 20 Feb 2023 (I applied on the 16th). Right now my current status is "Selection Made" and I received a letter 4 days ago informing me that my application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. Also the timeline for my funding has not changed (2023-2026). That's all for now, this thread has been great for easing my anxiety and I'd love to share any details you might be interested in. Good luck to everyone!

Hi, thanks a lot for your detailed post! May I ask you a few questions via DM?  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, JammyJam2020 said:

Just logged into the portal and saw that my status had changed to rejected. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

This just happened to me as well. It stings a lot.

Anybody have suggestions of where do go from here?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mariolehrer said:

Hi Esra, did you hear from them?

Hi. Thanks for asking. No, still there's no update, status still on "paper copies received" 😕  I guess  you also did not hear anything? 

Hi, I applied for DAAD ERP Master Scholarship for Graduates of Economics and Business Administration from Azerbaijan. I had my interview on 16 March, but status in portal is "application submitted". Is there anyone from other countries eligible for ERP scholarship (Kazakhstan,Russia,Georgia,Serbia,Belarus,Uzbekistan etc.) whose status has changed?

Btw normally every year application status changed to "preselection made" for DAAD applicants from Azerbaijan for both ERP and All academic disciplines programmes. What is the situation in other regions/countries?