It Has Begun

BadgerHopeful

Congrats! You can now suck your tongue out at Brown! :P What a mixed day for you.

Absolutely. But I'll take a mixed day over the waiting any time. Hell, I'd even take a couple of rejections with one acceptance if it would mean less silent days.

And thank you everyone for all the congrats and good luck! Time is passing slowly, but I have a feeling that most of us (hopefully everyone) will be freaking out about deciding where to go a couple of months from now!

My most heartfelt congratulations to Bukharan and Barricades...perhaps I will meet you in the fall?

Haha. You misread me. I was barely expressing my joy for Barricades. laugh.gif You are likely to meet him/her in Princeton. I am very happy (and slightly jealous) for both of you!

I am yet to hear from everywhere in the USA.

Haha. You misread me. I was barely expressing my joy for Barricades. laugh.gif You are likely to meet him/her in Princeton. I am very happy (and slightly jealous) for both of you!

I am yet to hear from everywhere in the USA.

Oops - I did misread. Best of luck however!

For Latin Americanists applying to UC Berkeley the chair of this sub- field was not planning on taking any graduate students this year. A professor from the department told me ahead of time but i still applied.

Congrats to all those who got accepted!

Edited by borderlands

Got my rejection from Princeton like an hour ago, ran out for a huge burger and feels a little bit better now....

I guess this is just the first formal rejection followed by a series of them... feeling so wrecked... sigh.. :(

Just got accepted to Brown and rejected from Princeton. Got accepted to UCI for Latin American history. Waiting for UT...

For the lucky happy people who got admitted to Princeton (and I know you've probably already posted it before..) what are your areas of study? Did any Latin Americanists get accepted to Princeton?

Just got into Columbia! Included stipend information and everything :) What a swing of emotions!

Columbia? Through Emails?! OMFG... I thought this is my last hope... :(

But, yup, Congratulations!

Columbia? Through Emails?! OMFG... I thought this is my last hope... :(

But, yup, Congratulations!

Yeah, through email. This is seriously roller coaster level insanity - I was all but ready to go to bed for the night (I live in the UK) because I have a cold. Now, I can barely sit still!

Just got into Columbia! Included stipend information and everything :) What a swing of emotions!

Congratulations gradwoes!

Now I'll go weep in a corner while waiting for the bad news.