SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Agreed. My spring break plans sort of depend on whether or not I need to make a visit to Vanderbilt. The bright side of rejection is I might be going to Disneyworld instead. :D

Mine too :-)... my girlfriend and I are road trippin' it to...Madison? Tuscon? Nashville? Who knows...We may not know until the day we head out.

Hi Gretel,

I had my CW Post interview three weeks ago, it was very easy going and the Clinic Director was very nice. She asked me about my experiences in the field and my interests, etc. I can tell you though, the Brooklyn Campus does not require an interview, they are two totally different programs/schools all together (I applied to both CW Post AND LIU-Brooklyn since they are two different schools). :)

If the person who had the LIU CW Post interview reads this, will you please let us know about your interview? (I applied to the Brooklyn campus.)

Edited by Daniela

An Emerson update: someone posted on the results page that Emerson received 630 applications this year (yikes!) and have so far only gone through half of them. Letters will start going out this week sometime.

An Emerson update: someone posted on the results page that Emerson received 630 applications this year (yikes!) and have so far only gone through half of them. Letters will start going out this week sometime.

I guess I'd better get more serious about planning for life without grad school.

Anyone else apply to CU-Boulder? If so, have you been able to use their web portal to check your admission status? I know they were having a bunch of issues with their system, but it appears to be somewhat functional until you try to click the "check status" link. Hmm.

I was also "waitlisted". It is my understanding GW does not "reject" anyone, everyone is considered "on hold"

Pretty much the same as you. 1290, high GPA. Out of field applicant, many years of research in neuroscience (working hands-on with kids), 2 years volunteering with adults.

Has anyone spoken to Vanderbilt or University of Arizona to see when decisions will be made/mailed? From last years information, it looks like Vanderbilt sent notifications this week, so I'm hoping it's the same this year?

I guess I'd better get more serious about planning for life without grad school.

Seriously. And I'm guessing that since they've only gotten through half the applications, that the letters being mailed this week are all rejections.

I called a couple of my other schools that didn't use CSDCAS, and they said that applicants won't hear anything until the end of March. Looks like all program decisions are delayed this year.

Edited by FutureSLP

Seriously. And I'm guessing that since they've only gotten through half the applications, that the letters being mailed this week are all rejections.

I called a couple of my other schools that didn't use CSDCAS, and they said that applicants won't hear anything until the end of March. Looks like all program decisions are delayed this year.

Oh, geez. I want to hear back, but I don't think I can handle a third rejection in a row. (I'm considering the GWU "hold list" to be a functional rejection.) I really didn't expect it to be like this.

Hey FutureSLP,

A lot of my friends are older than me and are current SLP grad students and they told me that end of march sounds about right for when they heard from their prospective grad schools last year, so I'm not really sure if these schools are delayed. Lazy? Yes. :P

I have a mental vision of The Deciders sitting around, smoking cigars, and laughing maniacally as they read how desperate we all are about finding out the course of the next few years of our lives.

Come on, Deciders! Please just decide and let us know. It's not as though there's anything going on in the world that could possibly be more important. ;)

Hey FutureSLP,

A lot of my friends are older than me and are current SLP grad students and they told me that end of march sounds about right for when they heard from their prospective grad schools last year, so I'm not really sure if these schools are delayed. Lazy? Yes. :P

Has anyone spoken to Vanderbilt or University of Arizona to see when decisions will be made/mailed? From last years information, it looks like Vanderbilt sent notifications this week, so I'm hoping it's the same this year?

Well...the week isn't over yet! Plus it looked like things were received in the mail, so maybe they just sent things a little later, hence the delay...

The 630 app number freaks me out and makes me wonder what is so great about Emerson anyway?! (haha, just kidding. I looked at Emerson as a potential school for a very, very long time.) I thought "over 400 applications this year" (according to the Vandy grad secretary) was bad!

Oh, and the grad student I work with on a regular basis said she came back from spring break to pretty much all her letters. Our spring break always coincides with St. Patty's Day, so that would be the week or later that I'm expecting to get most of my info (though GradCafe results seemed to indicate otherwise for me). I guess if I don't hear from people after then, I'll get a little more concerned.

Edited by mscongeniality1

This is exactly how I feel! :D

I have a mental vision of The Deciders sitting around, smoking cigars, and laughing maniacally as they read how desperate we all are about finding out the course of the next few years of our lives.

Come on, Deciders! Please just decide and let us know. It's not as though there's anything going on in the world that could possibly be more important. ;)

Well...the week isn't over yet! Plus it looked like things were received in the mail, so maybe they just sent things a little later, hence the delay...

The 630 app number freaks me out and makes me wonder what is so great about Emerson anyway?! (haha, just kidding. I looked at Emerson as a potential school for a very, very long time.) I thought "over 400 applications this year" (according to the Vandy grad secretary) was bad!

According to EdFind on ASHA's website, Emerson received 539 full-time applications last year. I wonder if every school has about a 17% increase in apps.

Okay. Now I'm envisioning Richard Simmons interrupting the manically laughing Deciders. Thank you. My afternoon suddenly became much funnier! :)

COME ON PEOPLE LET'S STAY POSITIVE! (said in my best Richard Simmons impersonation)

I received an e-mail awhile back from Arizona saying "mid-march". I went there for my undergrad and some of my friends still down there (I graduated in Dec) said they are somewhat behind on applications because they received so many

Okay. Now I'm envisioning Richard Simmons interrupting the manically laughing Deciders. Thank you. My afternoon suddenly became much funnier! :)

Haha! Richard Simmons, the original wild card.

Anyone heard anything about this year's timeline for University of Washington, Cal State Long Beach, Northeastern or San Diego State?

I was on the waitlist for UW last year and they let me know March 8th. Just curious if anyone had heard anything about when those schools are expected to send out decisions

Anyone heard anything about this year's timeline for University of Washington, Cal State Long Beach, Northeastern or San Diego State?

I was on the waitlist for UW last year and they let me know March 8th. Just curious if anyone had heard anything about when those schools are expected to send out decisions

I'm a UW undergrad and the word on the street is that decisions will be sent out this week!

Hey all,

I just received an e-mail from Loyola requested an interview for their Foundation program (no SLP background) and I am very excited but incredibly nervous! I'm sure it depends on the school, but have any of you done interviews for programs? What are they like? How should I prepare? Ahhhhh!

Hey FutureSLP,

Very good to know!