SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Is anybody going to the Indiana University - Bloomington open house? Or is anyone familiar with that school/that area? I really wanted to go, but it's a bad weekend for me. Could you tell me what it's like?

I have been to Bloomington a couple times (I actually took my GRE there, haha). It's a beautiful campus--nice limestone buildings :) Definitely a small-town college feel, moreso than W. Lafayette, where I go to school. They're easily the most hippie/liberal area of Indiana outside of the Indianapolis area. Lots of vegetarian/vegan restaurants if you are into that sort of thing. Ummm...what else. They have a world-renowned music/performing arts program so they have fabulous operas and musicals and different shows put on through their music school. Brown County State Park is nearby for great camping and hiking and outdoorsy type things. The fall is gorgeous with all the changing leaves! I would recommend living away from undergrads though because they have a reputation for partying lots.

I can't really say much about the program because I don't know much. A handful of people I'm graduating with got in there and a couple of them got funding. It's got a high rank so it can't be too terrible.

Hope this is helpful...I know it's definitely not organized at all.

Has anyone in these forums heard back from Arizona State University? I noticed on the results that people have heard via postal mail and was wondering if your status had also changed in your 'myASU' page as well.

I haven't heard anything from ASU yet and my application status still says "in review". I did hear of a few people getting their acceptance letters over the weekend.

has anyone tried calling graduate admissions?

I haven't heard anything from ASU yet and my application status still says "in review". I did hear of a few people getting their acceptance letters over the weekend.

has anyone tried calling graduate admissions?

I've tried calling twice today but get a lady's voicemail. The message doesn't say they are gone for spring break, just that she is away from her desk (mind you, maybe it just wasn't changed...).

So has anyone responded to any of the schools they were accepted at to confirm themselves within the program? I'd be interested to know if some of you have already made your final decisions!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to Emerson! I'll pay my deposit fee on the 30th when I attend the reception.. Aaahh! I am still waiting on Bloomsburg but I am really leaning towards Emerson at this point :)

Anyone else?

Have you heard from Longwood yet?

Has anybody heard from :University MN Duluth, sdsu, university of WI river falls, longwood, university of northern colorado?

accepted: Radford

Waitlisted: University AR medical sciences

Rejected: Chico, Memphis, UW eau claire

I have applied to Longwood and I haven't heard anything from them yet!

Has anyone in these forums heard back from Arizona State University? I noticed on the results that people have heard via postal mail and was wondering if your status had also changed in your 'myASU' page as well.

It took a few days for the website to update, but it did about 4 days later - over a weekend. (accepted)

Thanks for the info. I was applying for the 2 year. I heard GWU rejects a good number of applicants right off the bat, so I am sure that since you haven't heard, that is a good sign. I was really hoping for UMD and Towson, but we will see. Haven't been home to check the mail yet, so who knows what lies in the mailbox.

I applied to UMD, ASU, James Madison and Longwood. I have only heard from ASU (accepted)...but that requires a move. :(

On UMD website I am still listed as pending!!! Any one shed any light?? I am dying.

JMU and Longwood have no way of checking online, have to wait the old fashion way...email. (LOL)

I applied to UMD, ASU, James Madison and Longwood. I have only heard from ASU (accepted)...but that requires a move. :(

On UMD website I am still listed as pending!!! Any one shed any light?? I am dying.

JMU and Longwood have no way of checking online, have to wait the old fashion way...email. (LOL)

How did you hear from ASU? snail mail or e-mail?

thanks!

How did you hear from ASU? snail mail or e-mail?

thanks!

Hey! I am also still waiting on Longwood- its one of the last schools I have to hear from. Is anyone thinking about going to Radford- or personally know anything about the campus/surrounding area?

As for UMD, I got an acceptance email from the dept. and then like a day later an email from the grad school telling me a decision was available from them online. Then a few days later I got a hard copy of the grad schools acceptance letter in the mail. Hope that helps!

I got a rejection from ISU and waitlisted at EIU (my top choice) yesterday :-/ Apparently NIU has been sending out a lot of notifications (mostly waitlist, from what it looks like in the results section). Does anyone know if they've been sending out admits/rejections yet?

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by ayala88

Are you talking about UMD's application website? Because I don't even see my waitlist decision on that...I got an email with the letter attached

In my opinion, no news is good news.

Hey! I am also still waiting on Longwood- its one of the last schools I have to hear from. Is anyone thinking about going to Radford- or personally know anything about the campus/surrounding area?

I am waiting on Longwood...the DLVE program. Are you doing that one or on campus?

Just got accepted to the University of Tennessee..no word on funding yet.

I emailed about funding and Dr. Plyler said they offer "relatively small scholarships," but their website says they have assistantships. I"m confused haha.

This is probably a long shot, since I think most posters here are American, but is anyone still waiting on a response from McGill? I see a few people have been rejected on the survey pages, but I've just heard zero either way, which is odd (totally expecting a rejection myself, frankly). My application has been 'ready for review' foreverrrr.