Official HKS Thread

Anyone have any idea when we'll hear about MPA? I heard that this year it will be really close to March 31st, although I have no idea why it's taking them this long!

Let's just wait and trust the Adcom good judgment.

Let's keep faith and keep each other posted!

No - last year it was a week after other decisions. If it is to be a similar pattern this year, we will hear on the 21st.

Can't be sure though - this year decisions were out 4 days before last year's date.

Where did you hear that things will take longer this year?

Anyone have any idea when we'll hear about MPA? I heard that this year it will be really close to March 31st, although I have no idea why it's taking them this long!

I found out I got into MPAID yesterday! I was waitlisted last year....Waiting for the financial news...groan.

dearestpriya, i got waitlisted this year for MPA/ID. I suppose you know how I feel. Do you know if any waitlisted applicants were admitted last year? Did you do anything in the past year to strengthen your application? Re-wrote your essays? New job experiences? Thanks!

Waitlisted MPA/ID and waitlisted WWS. Anyone else in the same boat? Just got an aid offer from SAIS though so not all bad news today.

Stats are 680v 790q 6.0 AW, 3.65gpa from top liberal arts school. 2 years consulting/investment banking experience in Latam.

Hey Jettinger, I was waitlisted at WW and MPA/ID. I feel your pain....I'm 3.9 Econ major from Ivy League school, 800Q 760V, 4.5 AW. 6 years of international experience. Might not have taken enough math classes in college. How about you?

Hey Maidinindya2, why did you turn down the MPP 2 years ago? Why'd you apply for MPA/ID instead this time?

Hi all, got into the MPA-ID. Was accepted into the MPP 2 years back but I declined it then.

Stats:

American male (asian background)

GRE: 800Q, 540V, 6.0 AWA GMAT: 770 (50Q, 45V), 6.0 AWA. I had applied to the joint program with hbs (dinged), and I think I submitted both scores to HKS

GPA: 3.95, Economics (with significant econometrics). Math background: A tad more than a typical engineering student would do.

Also wrote my undergrad thesis based on education and economic development

Work ex: 2 years Teach for America (with sig results), 2 years internationally with Teach for All partner country (including managerial experience)

Congrats to all those admitted! Looking forward to meeting everyone this fall

I was accepted to the MPP program. Pretty cool. I also applied for the Tatelman Scholarship and Belfer Center Fellowship for Science and International Affairs Fellowship. Does anyone know if decisions regarding these awards are included in the Financial Aid info released on April 1??

My stats:

GRE: 550V, 660Q, 5AW

GPA: 3.93, double major in Spanish and International Studies, double minor in History and Religious Studies

Work experience: one-year Fulbright recipient + 3 years work experience (in social work and international higher education)

A second year in the MPA2 program told me he heard in late/end of March and that was the same last year as well. That's why I think the 21st sounds too early to me. although don't know why they're keeping us waiting for so long.

No - last year it was a week after other decisions. If it is to be a similar pattern this year, we will hear on the 21st.

Can't be sure though - this year decisions were out 4 days before last year's date.

Where did you hear that things will take longer this year?

Accepted MPP here. So I visited the campus yesterday and stopped by Admissions... the poor woman at the front desk was fielding all those angry calls about the MPA2 box. I think they will make the instructions more clear next year, so keep complaining.

I also found out that there is no travel voucher for the Admitted Students Day. Bummer... but I guess they don't have to try too hard do they. I would receive a $250 voucher from another school for the same weekend, but it would still be cheaper to fly to Boston.

Accepted MPP here. So I visited the campus yesterday and stopped by Admissions... the poor woman at the front desk was fielding all those angry calls about the MPA2 box. I think they will make the instructions more clear next year, so keep complaining.

And? Did you fish for more information? Less chances to get in right?

(sorry for asking, but you never know what someone may hear ;-))

Hey Maidinindya2, why did you turn down the MPP 2 years ago? Why'd you apply for MPA/ID instead this time?

So, I've always been interested in development, but didn't have the international experience 2 years back. The MPP would've been nice, but I always would've preferred the MPA/ID because of the mathematical rigor and focus on development. Plus, I got an amazing chance to work internationally which I considered to be a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity. The combination of all of those factors, made me take the chance on turning down the MPP and applying for the MPA/ID later... definitely was a risk, but no regrets.

So nobody knows if it's possible to switch degrees now?

Also, is there some sort of admitted student community/forum for HKS like there is for SIPA? This discussion seems to have been a bit deserted lately.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I got into the MPA/ID but i'm thinking of switching to the MPA instead. Does anyone know whether that's a possibility?

Thanks !

Still so frustrated about the MPP to MPA2 decision. I simply dont understand how they thought this was OK. It seems awfully irresponsible to treat applicants this way.

So nobody knows if it's possible to switch degrees now?

Also, is there some sort of admitted student community/forum for HKS like there is for SIPA? This discussion seems to have been a bit deserted lately.

Thanks

Can we expect admission decisions today? What are our chances?

Well, if they keep the last year schedule, we should get decisions today but, considering the difficulties the notorious MPA2 box is causing, I think we should expect a few more days of waiting....

Well, if they keep the last year schedule, we should get decisions today but, considering the difficulties the notorious MPA2 box is causing, I think we should expect a few more days of waiting....

I am not so sure, but I saw some postings in my country that they got an email from the school regarding MPA2. I haven't yet received any mail.

Hi jslimcfa, any idea when they sent e-mails out? I ask because it is just noon now - and if decisions are indeed coming out today it will be in the next few hours :-)

I am not so sure, but I saw some postings in my country that they got an email from the school regarding MPA2. I haven't yet received any mail.

Hi jslimcfa, any idea when they sent e-mails out? I ask because it is just noon now - and if decisions are indeed coming out today it will be in the next few hours :-)

they said they received mails from school last friday both rejection and admission. as i said i am not sure they are telling the truth.

I was accepted to the MPP program. Pretty cool. I also applied for the Tatelman Scholarship and Belfer Center Fellowship for Science and International Affairs Fellowship. Does anyone know if decisions regarding these awards are included in the Financial Aid info released on April 1??

Any thoughts??