Not nice, Boulder!

I would just like to say that sending a large package from a school that has NOTHING to do with an admissions decision is highly inconsiderate given our (definitely my!) fragile mental state. Thank you for all the info about how cool your school and town are. . .now if I don't get accepted, I'll feel even worse :(

I would just like to say that sending a large package from a school that has NOTHING to do with an admissions decision is highly inconsiderate given our (definitely my!) fragile mental state. Thank you for all the info about how cool your school and town are. . .now if I don't get accepted, I'll feel even worse :(

oh no!!! i wouldve been so annoyed haha

That's just horrible. I can only imagine how nervously excited you must have been, or how I would have been, in that situation only to see that it is just promotional material. Uggh.

Thanks for the heads up... good thing mail takes *forever* to get up here. Now I know to prep myself for the false alarm heart attack :blink:

Thanks for the heads up... good thing mail takes *forever* to get up here. Now I know to prep myself for the false alarm heart attack :blink:

One of my freshmen comp students couldn't make it to the first class because of the winter weather. He sent an e-mail that started: "Mr. O'Neil, I regret to inform you that I will not be in class today." When he walked into class today, I told him that I am currently waiting for results from PhD applications, and he is NEVER to send me an e-mail with "I regret to inform you that" in it again. I told him that I don't care what the news is--Always open with a "Congratulations!"

One of my freshmen comp students couldn't make it to the first class because of the winter weather. He sent an e-mail that started: "Mr. O'Neil, I regret to inform you that I will not be in class today." When he walked into class today, I told him that I am currently waiting for results from PhD applications, and he is NEVER to send me an e-mail with "I regret to inform you that" in it again. I told him that I don't care what the news is--Always open with a "Congratulations!"

That is hilarious!

Although I would kill for my first years to be so polite and well-spoken! :rolleyes:

Edited by Chumlee

I got the same large envelope with info about the town and housing, etc. when I applied there a couple of years ago. I agree, it's really inconsiderate...

So wait, this is a systematic thing? When you apply to Colorado, they send you a "please come to Colorado" junk mail packet? Why on earth would they do that? You already applied there...

So wait, this is a systematic thing? When you apply to Colorado, they send you a "please come to Colorado" junk mail packet? Why on earth would they do that? You already applied there...

Wow...y'all are making me glad I didn't apply there!! I'm crazy enough over this whole process - don't need large envelope mind games!! :blink:

I think it probably gets sent out automatically by the grad school. As far as I remember, it had information about housing and a viewbook with pictures of the campus. I'm guessing that everyone who applies there automatically receives this packet in January.