SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

26 minutes ago, SimmiasOverCebes said:

I also want to know that. I had two pdfs, one was clearly a CGS-D, the other was a SSHRC and it said that funding had been granted, but it did not include any amount or any indications of what to do to receive the funding. Seriously, how hard can it be to produce a clear document?

I haven’t gotten the news yet but perhaps it’s intentional with the new budget?

7 minutes ago, Shannon Lynn said:

Any stats on committee 4? Thanks!

My subcommittee (4E) funded 58 applications (42.6%) and didn't fund the other 78 (57.4%). My score was in the mid 9 range and I received the CGS-D. 

4 hours ago, lyonharted07 said:

Oh awesome! My background is theology but I'm in the history faculty to do history of Christianity. Still waiting on the college is a pain! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. It's Lincoln College and thankfully they have a bunch of scholarships, but require additional application forms ASAP. And yes the increased funding makes things almost spot on thankfully. 

That's really cool! I'd love to hear more about your work. And good luck tomorrow :)

2 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

My subcommittee (4E) funded 58 applications (42.6%) and didn't fund the other 78 (57.4%). My score was in the mid 9 range and I received the CGS-D. 

Thank you so much! And congratulations! 

7 minutes ago, Shannon Lynn said:

Thank you so much! And congratulations! 

My pleasure! I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for everyone who has to wait this last day out! 

4 hours ago, alamora98 said:

If I received a CGS-D (though in my application I indiciated an American university), can I still use the SSHRC in the States? It is a three year offer too, which I didn't know existed. ($35/yr for three years).

I'm in the same situation. This happened to people last year. I sent them messages hoping they might let us know what happened.

In the meantime, I wrote to SSHRC. I got an automated message saying the will try to respond in 4 days. If you hear anything before me do you mind letting me know?

5 hours ago, ssnerd said:

Does anyone know how many people were funded in committee 3? 🤞🏼😊 congrats to those who got the funding!

These are the results for committee 3E: Applications: 97 Fellowships Offered:  41 (432.3%) Fellowships  Not Offered:  56 (57.7%)

My application was successful :) best of luck to those waiting to hear, and commiserations to those that have received disappointing news. The process is arbitrary at its best.

I received the doctoral fellowship (I've already started my programme at a university in the UK) and the amount listed in my funding offer is $20,000, so it looks like they haven't applied the funding increase to the awards this year (yet). My funding starts in May 2024 and I'm wondering if it's worth it to request a later start date in the fall in case the funding increase comes in at the start of the next academic school year. Wish they had waited to announce the funding increases after all the information/timelines were confirmed.

2 hours ago, pseudoacademic said:

I'm in the same situation. This happened to people last year. I sent them messages hoping they might let us know what happened.

In the meantime, I wrote to SSHRC. I got an automated message saying the will try to respond in 4 days. If you hear anything before me do you mind letting me know?

From what I heard from previous applicants, they switch you over from the CGS-D to the Doctoral Fellowship which can be held at universities abroad. Not sure if this means that the funding is bumped down from 35k to 20k.

I got offered CGS-D!!! Committee 2A: Applications: 123, Offered: 52 (42.3%), my score was 10.45/12

I am in a French institution, so as it seems I will instead be dropped to the SSHRC award, so looking forward to seeing how that gets funded.

27 minutes ago, foucult said:

My application was successful :) best of luck to those waiting to hear, and commiserations to those that have received disappointing news. The process is arbitrary at its best.

I received the doctoral fellowship (I've already started my programme at a university in the UK) and the amount listed in my funding offer is $20,000, so it looks like they haven't applied the funding increase to the awards this year (yet). My funding starts in May 2024 and I'm wondering if it's worth it to request a later start date in the fall in case the funding increase comes in at the start of the next academic school year. Wish they had waited to announce the funding increases after all the information/timelines were confirmed.

Congratulations! I have the same question. Although I probably will be just asking for the award now. Were you given a different instalment request form? Mine is only says "Request for first instalment of award paid by Canadian institution". 

9 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Congratulations! I have the same question. Although I probably will be just asking for the award now. Were you given a different instalment request form? Mine is only says "Request for first instalment of award paid by Canadian institution". 

Congrats on your award! In my "notice of award" document, there's a section for "Award holders attending a foreign Institution". It could be that because you were awarded CGS-D and it can only be held at a Canadian institution, there's no foreign option, so you'll have to wait for them to switch you over to the Doctoral Fellowship.

Does anyone know whether we hear separately from the Aileen D. Ross or Queen's fellowship? I received a fellowship but don't see any mention of the two supplements - I assume I didn't get them as they're not in my funding letter.

Is anyone familiar with when and how they pay--will it be the end of the month and if so, will it be a lump sum for the year?

5 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Is anyone familiar with when and how they pay--will it be the end of the month and if so, will it be a lump sum for the year?

My university sent me information for biweekly payments administered through them. It may depend on the institution?

10 hours ago, Shannon Lynn said:

Is it just the CGS-D applications coming in right now? Was that a separate application from SSHRC? 

Its the same application, our applications gets put into both if its qualifies  and the top-ranked ones get the CGS D