2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

Claiming CU Boulder waitlist. ☺️

With the utmost peace and love, I want to ask respectfully that if you were admitted (or even waitlisted) and you don't plan to attend CU Boulder, please inform your decision to decline to the Department as soon as possible since it was mentioned to me that getting off the waitlist is directly related to the people admitted. At this point, I'm almost begging. From the beginning, Colorado was one of my top choices, and considering that, on top of it, this cycle has been brutal, I would really appreciate your kind decision to decline. Please don't read this as a pressure of any kind, just as a considerate request.

Thank you in advance, and my DM's are open for anything you want to chat about it.

5 hours ago, ricasufy said:

Did anyone hear back from NYU Stern IS PhD program? Received shortlist email on Feb-9 but nothing continued.

No idea, since this thread is for Political Science, but good luck. 😀

5 minutes ago, aslo2 said:

Has anyone heard from Rutgers, WashU, or Syracuse yet? Haven't heard and am anxious to hear anything at this point.

re: WashU. I've sent an email this morning inquiring about my pending status and am still awaiting a response. Granted, my chance of admission is low as they've already sent out acceptances in early January. 

Edited by barthestow

51 minutes ago, aslo2 said:

Has anyone heard from Rutgers, WashU, or Syracuse yet? Haven't heard and am anxious to hear anything at this point.

According to previous years Rutgers should send their decisions this week. Syracuse sent theirs acceptances a few weeks ago, I don't know why they don't send their rejections already as well (also waiting on it). 

3 hours ago, barthestow said:

re: WashU. I've sent an email this morning inquiring about my pending status and am still awaiting a response. Granted, my chance of admission is low as they've already sent out acceptances in early January. 

Please lmk what they say! I am also waiting to hear from them (and expecting rejection).

9 minutes ago, ThucydidesLatte said:

Guys, UNC ghosted me lol. No rejection, no acceptance, no waitlist, nothing. What do you recommend me to do?

I received a rejection the other day. It was just an email to check my portal, which had a rejection letter. You could email them if you want to see if they can give you a decision by email. But, it may make more sense to just await an email from them. I’m pretty sure all admitted applicants have been notified