2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

Just received Chicago MACSS and NYU MA Politics offer after rejected by PhD apps. Chicago offers offers decent tuition waiver, but will not attend since already have PhD offers.  

This cycle is almost over. Good luck to those still have pending apps/ waiting for waitlist decisions.

15 hours ago, Polisci24 said:

Just received Chicago MACSS and NYU MA Politics offer after rejected by PhD apps. Chicago offers offers decent tuition waiver, but will not attend since already have PhD offers.  

This cycle is almost over. Good luck to those still have pending apps/ waiting for waitlist decisions.

Congratulations 

Hi all, I hope you’re doing well. With just under a month from the April 15th commitment date, I’m pleased to say I’ve tentatively decided where I’ll be attending for my PhD. I applied to 15 PhD programs and was admitted to 2, rejected by 11, and have 2 decisions pending, though given my current acceptances I would decline them even if admitted. The two schools I was admitted to were Rice and Cornell. I’m going to be accepting Cornell’s offer, and I will decline the offer from rice soon, to hopefully allow for waitlist movement. :)  

1 hour ago, Polisci882 said:

Hi all, I hope you’re doing well. With just under a month from the April 15th commitment date, I’m pleased to say I’ve tentatively decided where I’ll be attending for my PhD. I applied to 15 PhD programs and was admitted to 2, rejected by 11, and have 2 decisions pending, though given my current acceptances I would decline them even if admitted. The two schools I was admitted to were Rice and Cornell. I’m going to be accepting Cornell’s offer, and I will decline the offer from rice soon, to hopefully allow for waitlist movement. :)  

You are the GOAT 🐐

Good luck on everything you do.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:17 AM, Anonymous39 said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UT Austin? My portal still says in review but I assume it's a rejection since It's almost March at this point lol.

Got rejected last week! 

On 2/20/2024 at 8:59 AM, Infinity203 said:

Is there anyone who heard from URochester, seems like they are not at all interested in even sending out the first round of selections. And, it's February, 20. 

SMH, they only interested in sending promotional mail for now

2 hours ago, ChickenPizza said:

I'm still wating from Rochester and NYU. What do you think about my status on their admission process, waitlist or implict reject? Or didn't they just make their decision yet?

We are all waiting. At least for now, no reasonable stats from applicants to know ones faith.

12 minutes ago, Maverickz said:

We are all waiting. At least for now, no reasonable stats from applicants to know ones faith.

Know a bit about NYU. They already sent out phd acceptances/ waitlists back in February, some PhD apps were referred to their unfunded MA (status updated last Friday)  

11 minutes ago, Polisci24 said:

Know a bit about NYU. They already sent out phd acceptances/ waitlists back in February, some PhD apps were referred to their unfunded MA (status updated last Friday)  

Thanks for info

5 hours ago, Anonymous39 said:

For whoever heard about Oxford DPIR responses, was March 22nd the day that every decision would be sent out BY, or the day they'd START sending them?

March 22nd is the day until they will have completed sending out everything, by latest. I would guess they sent out about half of the decisions by now (including mine), DPhil in Politics more than DPhil in IR it seems, and internal applications probably before regular applications. No information about funding yet (Nuffield, Clarendon etc. is not out yet).

Edited by JPYSD

4 hours ago, Polisci882 said:

I was waitlisted. But because of other offers I have received that are more attractive to me, I requested to be removed from the waitlist, in hopes of helping other applicants potentially get admitted.

Nice!

I emailed Georgetown about the status of applications, and received this response:

“At this moment, the admission committee is still reviewing all applications, so decisions have not been made as of yet. There is not a concrete date, but all applicants can expect to receive a status update in 2 weeks near the end of March. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any questions.”

This answer is bizarre, because I’ve seen some people on here say they already had their visit days and everything lol. Also, many people have reported receiving decisions from Georgetown, so idk

Edited by Polisci882