2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

Claiming OSU acceptance for IR. I just received an email that I now had a Buckeye email address but no information about a decision. I then went on to the portal and saw I was accepted. 

Edited by Camiki
Added subfield

10 minutes ago, Camiki said:

Claiming OSU acceptance. I just received an email that I now had a Buckeye email address but no information about a decision. I then went on to the portal and saw I was accepted. 

Huge congrats!!!

10 minutes ago, Camiki said:

Thank you!! It's taking the edge off of the increasingly large likelihood that I wasn't/won't be accepted at Berkeley. 

I'm sure you'll get in there as well! 

54 minutes ago, Camiki said:

Claiming OSU acceptance for IR. I just received an email that I now had a Buckeye email address but no information about a decision. I then went on to the portal and saw I was accepted. 

Congrats!! (that's the exact same way I found out that I got accepted lol the Buckeye email account notice felt so random) Btw did you get any info on funding? 

2 minutes ago, Ytc1212 said:

Congrats!! (that's the exact same way I found out that I got accepted lol the Buckeye email account notice felt so random) Btw did you get any info on funding? 

Yeah, it was kind of a weird way of getting a decision. Unfortunately, there wasn't any funding information in the portal and nobody from the Department has sent me an email either. 

17 minutes ago, OrlandHistorian said:

Anyone apply to Pitt and hear anything back? 

Me also applied to Pitt and nothing heard from yet!

Hey all, I received an interview for Georgetown’s government program. It’s a 15 minute interview with a member of the admissions committee who wasn’t a POI. Anyone have any idea what such a short interview could be indicative of. IR subfield if that helps.

45 minutes ago, Ir2024 said:

Hey all, I received an interview for Georgetown’s government program. It’s a 15 minute interview with a member of the admissions committee who wasn’t a POI. Anyone have any idea what such a short interview could be indicative of. IR subfield if that helps.

Hey! Comparative subfield, but I can offer a few insights on my interview. Mine was 25 min long and with two professors on the committee. They asked me about the research I wrote on my SOP both past experiences and also why I want to do research on xyz. They also asked me about past research programs I have been apart of. Hope that helps!

6 hours ago, Polisci882 said:

Is anyone claiming the UNC acceptances? I feel like it’s unusually early for UNC this year 

There’s three acceptances but they don’t usually send out in batches:/ hoping it’s not real

59 minutes ago, miss-walker said:

There’s three acceptances but they don’t usually send out in batches:/ hoping it’s not real

I would gently offer that in general, assuming (multiple) acceptances aren’t legitimate isn’t a productive habit. The UNC acceptances from last night are very much real and it doesn’t mean that you won’t get in. Things change every year and as outsiders, we don’t know what the adcomm has agreed to, how they are dividing tasks, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Still haven't received anything yet from UT Austin (theory), portal still just says "in review", but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point.

hi! I was wait-listed by UT-Austin and was invited to an information session with students & faculties this Friday. will report back later if they have a timeline in mind. 

6 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Still haven't received anything yet from UT Austin (theory), portal still just says "in review", but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point.

Same thing here though mine is IR. At this point I have to zero my mind, too much expectation do hurt.