HDS Master Interview

memoriah_7

Hi all! I applied to the MTS in Philosophy of Religion and had an interview last week on February 7th. I was fairly nervous but ready for the fairly standard questions. The only two that didn't fall within the standard ones were:

"Is there a particular faculty member you'd like to work with?"

"What was a challenge you've overcome in life and how did you do so?"

Agree with the above that 15 minutes went by really fast! Good luck to everyone on this round of applications!

1 hour ago, varsityaesthete said:

Hi all! I applied to the MTS in Philosophy of Religion and had an interview last week on February 7th. I was fairly nervous but ready for the fairly standard questions. The only two that didn't fall within the standard ones were:

"Is there a particular faculty member you'd like to work with?"

"What was a challenge you've overcome in life and how did you do so?"

Agree with the above that 15 minutes went by really fast! Good luck to everyone on this round of applications!

Was your invite sent out on Friday? I am trying to confirm the previous user's comment about interviews possibly being sent out only on Fridays.

5 minutes ago, Andyroo said:

Was your invite sent out on Friday? I am trying to confirm the previous user's comment about interviews possibly being sent out only on Fridays.

Yes it was, Friday Feb 2nd for mine 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mediumrooster said:

Anyone still haven't got their interview email? I am kinda nervous 

I haven't. I've assumed the worst and am waiting on my rejection results, both from HDS and YDS. I will try again next year.

Hi everyone! Following on behalf of my partner. He got his interview invite on 10 Feb. Questions were "How are you and HDS a good fit?" and "Why HDS"? And a third one that I'm forgetting. 15 minutes flew by!

What were your interviews/ers like? My partner is very humble and was quite nervous, and although he prepared thoroughly, he's worried that it may have had an impact. How positive a sign is it that he had an interview invite in the first place? He has applied for the HDS MDiv (international student).  

Wishing everyone the best! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Maybe I’m just pulling at straws here because I haven’t received an interview invitation for HDS either, but I do think that it’s odd that in the ‘while you wait’ email they indicated that interviews would be going out through early March, and I haven’t seen anyone post more interview invitations since Mid/ Late February. Has anyone received an invitation to interview this March? 

10 hours ago, quantumonad said:

Hi everyone. Maybe I’m just pulling at straws here because I haven’t received an interview invitation for HDS either, but I do think that it’s odd that in the ‘while you wait’ email they indicated that interviews would be going out through early March, and I haven’t seen anyone post more interview invitations since Mid/ Late February. Has anyone received an invitation to interview this March? 

I personally and unfortunately think the time for interviews have ended because based on previous years, there’s a high chance the decision will come out on either tomorrow or Tuesday.