HDS Master Interview

memoriah_7

2 hours ago, memoriah_7 said:

For the MTS program

I was wondering, in what university did you complete your undergraduate education? Also, how much previous language training do you have? I have two degrees from a top 20 global university, with GPAs above 3.9, and yet, I have not received any interview request. I am wondering what the criteria is, and what is required. I received the notification that my application is ready on the 17th, and I probably did not make a the cut for whatever reason, since I have not yet received an interview request. I've known of people with zero background in religion who've gotten into the program in years past, so I find no notification very surprising.

Would you also be willing to share when you submitted your application?

Very disheartening overall, but I am hoping that I receive some notification soon.

I am glad that you started this thread.

Thank you! 

Edited by Boabdil

4 hours ago, Boabdil said:

I was wondering, in what university did you complete your undergraduate education? Also, how much previous language training do you have? I have two degrees from a top 20 global university, with GPAs above 3.9, and yet, I have not received any interview request. I am wondering what the criteria is, and what is required. I received the notification that my application is ready on the 17th, and I probably did not make a the cut for whatever reason, since I have not yet received an interview request. I've known of people with zero background in religion who've gotten into the program in years past, so I find no notification very surprising.

Would you also be willing to share when you submitted your application?

Very disheartening overall, but I am hoping that I receive some notification soon.

I am glad that you started this thread.

Thank you! 

I went to a State School, nothing fancy. I described my background in the very first post I made if you go to my profile. Places like HDS are very finicky tbh, there’s no guarantee and it’s very much out of your control. I wish there was consistency but there isn’t. Also judging by previous years’ threads, they should still send out more interview invites. And they said they will continue to do so early March.

To answer your Q, I submitted my application an hour before the deadline lol. Inshallah you will receive something soon.

Edited by memoriah_7
Typo

44 minutes ago, memoriah_7 said:

I went to a State School, nothing fancy. I described my background in the very first post I made if you go to my profile. Places like HDS are very finicky tbh, there’s no guarantee and it’s very much out of your control. I wish there was consistency but there isn’t. Also judging by previous years’ threads, they should still send out more interview invites. And they said they will continue to do so early March.

To answer your Q, I submitted my application an hour before the deadline lol. Inshallah you will receive something soon.

Thank you for the assurances. I am glad that you got an interview, and reading about it made me happy.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how the next week plays out. 

Congrats again, and I hope you get into the program. 

How was the interview? Is there anything in particular look forward to?

Thank you, and best wishes from me. I appreciated your reply. 

6 hours ago, Boabdil said:

Thank you for the assurances. I am glad that you got an interview, and reading about it made me happy.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how the next week plays out. 

Congrats again, and I hope you get into the program. 

How was the interview? Is there anything in particular look forward to?

Thank you, and best wishes from me. I appreciated your reply. 

Thank you, it’s scheduled for next week so I will let you know after

6 hours ago, memoriah_7 said:

Im glad HDS sent out that email. It confirms they will probably still be sending out more interviews. 

Yes, I got it as well. Glad to know that they will continue sending interview requests until the first week of March.

Hi dear people! I got the invitation minutes ago. 

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. IDK if they did this on purpose to someone who studies East Asian religions, but to be honest, after staying up all night for the festival and woke up seeing the invitation lying in the email box, I felt so blessed and almost wanted to cry…

I know that it’s a hard time to hang on there for waiting, so, wish you all the best and please feel free to ask me if you need more information!

2 hours ago, Dumbyguppy said:

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. IDK if they did this on purpose to someone who studies East Asian religions, but to be honest, after staying up all night for the festival and woke up seeing the invitation lying in the email box, I felt so blessed and almost wanted to cry…

I know that it’s a hard time to hang on there for waiting, so, wish you all the best and please feel free to ask me if you need more information!

That's wonderful! Congratulations. I'm very happy for you. Good luck! 

10 minutes ago, Dumbyguppy said:

Thank you, Boabdil!!!

Thank you! Out of curiosity, I was wondering, would you be willing to share with me when you received the email that your application was under review? I just want to see if an earlier date makes a difference. Thank you! 

Edited by Boabdil

3 minutes ago, Boabdil said:

Thank you! Out of curiosity, I was wondering, would you be willing to share with me when you received the email that your application was under review? I just want to see if an earlier date makes a difference. Thank you! 

Sure. There was an email titled "HDS Application Completed" on 1/16.

59 minutes ago, Dumbyguppy said:

Sure. There was an email titled "HDS Application Completed" on 1/16.

Thank you! That is great news. I will keep you updated on my application as well, and whether or not I get an interview. I got that email on the 17th. 

15 minutes ago, Boabdil said:

Thank you! That is great news. I will keep you updated on my application as well, and whether or not I get an interview. I got that email on the 17th. 

I know I know, this process is SO stressful, yesterday I told my friend it's kinda like a reprieve...I saw your other posts, Boabdil, and I think you are doing great ;D 

23 hours ago, Dumbyguppy said:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

On 2/9/2024 at 7:14 PM, srk_62 said:

I also got my interview invitation today! (Received the email saying my application was complete on 1/24.) Good luck all 🤞

On 2/9/2024 at 3:25 PM, Dumbyguppy said:

Hi all! If you don't mind me asking, did you apply to the MDiv program or something else?

Hey all, I've been slow to update but I interviewed this past Tuesday. I received my invitation the Friday before (so I think they only send invites out on Fridays?). I'm applying for Ancient Mediterranean Religion MTS. It went well but WOW 15 minutes is SO short. I'm used to hour long interviews from colleges and jobs. Questions were pretty basic, interests/experience/etc.. I think anyone on here would be well prepared. Good luck to you guys!

Edited by mtshopeful