RevolutionNowandForever Posted April 13 Posted April 13 There are likely going to be a lot of people getting off waitlists over the next couple of weeks. I just got off the waitlist for Alfred University, which I would consider accepting if I didn't already have a fully funded offer elsewhere. In the Alfred Painting MFA program you spend two semesters in Germany and two in Alfred, New York. I would love two semesters in Germany.
kittykitty Posted April 14 Posted April 14 i released a spot at MICA’s multi-disciplinary program a few days ago. I’m on a short waitlist for VCU Painting but i’m sure everyone there accepted their spots so congrats! I’m quite young and fresh out of undergrad so this cycle was a good learning experience and i’m thankful to have had interest from both of the schools I applied to! Taking this as a win. Good luck everybody!
RevolutionNowandForever Posted April 14 Posted April 14 1 hour ago, kittykitty said: i released a spot at MICA’s multi-disciplinary program a few days ago. I’m on a short waitlist for VCU Painting but i’m sure everyone there accepted their spots so congrats! I’m quite young and fresh out of undergrad so this cycle was a good learning experience and i’m thankful to have had interest from both of the schools I applied to! Taking this as a win. Good luck everybody! Good luck getting off the VCU waitlist! I was admitted there for painting and I am definitely going, but maybe you will get lucky and get off the waitlist, or maybe you will get in next year.
kittykitty Posted April 14 Posted April 14 haha i think we were both being considered for the same one fully funded spot, so i was your understudy for the cohort this year so to speak. To be fair i haven’t gotten notification that i’m rejected from waitlist yet, just that they were only accepting 7 people this year and I was on a short waitlist. Congrats!! The program is amazing and I’ve heard this was a hard cycle!!
RevolutionNowandForever Posted April 14 Posted April 14 16 minutes ago, kittykitty said: haha i think we were both being considered for the same one fully funded spot, so i was your understudy for the cohort this year so to speak. To be fair i haven’t gotten notification that i’m rejected from waitlist yet, just that they were only accepting 7 people this year and I was on a short waitlist. Congrats!! The program is amazing and I’ve heard this was a hard cycle!! Someone did decide not to go, because when they admitted me, they said I was only funded starting the second semester, but they said I was on the waitlist for more funding if someone decided not to accept their offer. A couple weeks later they said that someone did not accept, so now I'm funded for the first semester too. Fingers crossed you get in too! kittykitty 1
ncivormdjek Posted April 16 Posted April 16 Still have not heard anything from Bard re: waitlist, despite them saying all applicants would be notified of a final decision on Apr 13th… anyone else in the same boat?
kindacoolartguy Posted April 16 Posted April 16 2 hours ago, ncivormdjek said: Still have not heard anything from Bard re: waitlist, despite them saying all applicants would be notified of a final decision on Apr 13th… anyone else in the same boat? same, not with BARD tho
RevolutionNowandForever Posted April 17 Posted April 17 I will be starting my MFA at VCU this fall. Here is an article about an art show I am doing in my last semester at UT-Austin finishing my BFA. I hope during the next two years, those of us who have been accepted to grad schools for MFAs can put together some art shows along this theme at the schools we have been accepted to. It would be great to see art shows like this across the nation at different schools. “Contemporary Art Under Fascism” Collects Resistance at UT Student and faculty exhibit showcases politically oriented works April 17-18 “This is a test,” says Cobb. “Do universities tolerate artistic expression? Do they clamp down on political speech? Or is this a safe place for students to come?” Yoasianguy 1
noplace Posted April 21 Posted April 21 welp. I was accapted at brooklyn College, and waitlisted at Columbia. I think the cost of bk college and the fact they gave me $0 in aid makes me doubt actually attending as I am out of state. Kinda wondering how others are feeling about their options and costs and actual attendance.
kindacoolartguy Posted April 21 Posted April 21 26 minutes ago, noplace said: welp. I was accapted at brooklyn College, and waitlisted at Columbia. I think the cost of bk college and the fact they gave me $0 in aid makes me doubt actually attending as I am out of state. Kinda wondering how others are feeling about their options and costs and actual attendance. I am still waitlisted for Berkeley and dying to know already start making plans
jobahza Posted April 27 Posted April 27 Anyone else just completely ghosted by UIC? I never heard a thing either way. Saw on this forum that's happened previous years too.
artschoolfrenzy Posted May 28 Posted May 28 does anyone have any advice on how they chose which program to ultimately attend? I have never had such trouble with a decision before
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now