Q-Q8 Posted March 24 Posted March 24 3 minutes ago, Tippytiger said: I got an informal offer from the dept. head over email. Followed up with a zoom meeting last week. Got the formal offer in an email after the meeting and then randomly another one via email from someone different today. Haven’t looked at the portal Hi I’m also a painting student. I received a formal offer on February 28, but I still haven’t received a financial aid package...
marxista Posted March 24 Posted March 24 1 hour ago, Emolibra97 said: Was anyone here accepted to UC Berkeley Art Practice? my friend just heard from them last week, pretty sure they said it was an informal acceptance, so don't lose hope! Emolibra97 1
Emolibra97 Posted March 24 Posted March 24 (edited) 36 minutes ago, marxista said: my friend just heard from them last week, pretty sure they said it was an informal acceptance, so don't lose hope! Thank you! TBH now I'm realizing that I am not a good fit for this program (probably should have given this application a little more thought before applying) looking at all their current candidates and alumni. They are all pretty much interdisciplinary artist and my portfolio currently is pretty photo focused. It's ok tho and I just wanted to see if someone here was able to get in already so I can let this go! I learned a lot on this round of applications. Edited March 24 by Emolibra97
Tomoya Posted March 24 Posted March 24 Hi, does anyone have any information or experience with being waitlisted for NYU's MFA Studio Art program? How possible is it to be accepted from the list? Any time frame for when they will start considering students from the list? Really like the program, but I want to set appropriate expectations for it... Thanks:)
nycgal42069 Posted March 24 Posted March 24 Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist at Hunter yet? Or turned down a spot at Hunter?
noplace Posted March 24 Posted March 24 11 minutes ago, nycgal42069 said: Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist at Hunter yet? Or turned down a spot at Hunter? I am still on hunter waitlist for painting
marxista Posted March 24 Posted March 24 41 minutes ago, nycgal42069 said: Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist at Hunter yet? Or turned down a spot at Hunter? turned down new genres today
SocialKonstruct Posted March 24 Posted March 24 30 minutes ago, marxista said: turned down new genres today Curious why you turned down a New Genres at UCLA spot?
orangeorangecake Posted March 25 Posted March 25 4 hours ago, Tomoya said: Hi, does anyone have any information or experience with being waitlisted for NYU's MFA Studio Art program? How possible is it to be accepted from the list? Any time frame for when they will start considering students from the list? Really like the program, but I want to set appropriate expectations for it... Thanks:) When did you have your interview? I had mine on March 3rd, and I still haven’t heard back from them. This is one of the slowest schools I’ve ever seen. I tried call them, but the student who answered said they didn’t know when the decision would be announced either.
ncivormdjek Posted March 25 Posted March 25 Has anyone gotten off the waitlist at Bard / declined an offer? NanBan 1
marxista Posted March 25 Posted March 25 2 hours ago, SocialKonstruct said: Curious why you turned down a New Genres at UCLA spot? hunter
Tomoya Posted March 25 Posted March 25 4 hours ago, orangeorangecake said: When did you have your interview? I had mine on March 3rd, and I still haven’t heard back from them. This is one of the slowest schools I’ve ever seen. I tried call them, but the student who answered said they didn’t know when the decision would be announced either. My interview was in late February. Unfortunately, I am not sure if they are releasing decisions on a rolling base
ix.pentacles Posted March 25 Posted March 25 Has anyone received an acceptance to the U of O MFA? I interviewed in February and just got a form email saying essentially "sorry it's taken so long but we've just made our decisions" last week, but no official word yet.
Boobaboo Posted March 25 Posted March 25 (edited) 12 hours ago, orangeorangecake said: When did you have your interview? I had mine on March 3rd, and I still haven’t heard back from them. This is one of the slowest schools I’ve ever seen. I tried call them, but the student who answered said they didn’t know when the decision would be announced either. I also had an interview with nyu on march 3rd and haven’t heard anything .. feels like prison has anyone got accepted by nyu mfa studio art? I only see ppl who got rejection (no interview) or waitlisted. Why it’s taking so slowwwwww Edited March 25 by Boobaboo
bellejar Posted March 25 Posted March 25 1 hour ago, Boobaboo said: I also had an interview with nyu on march 3rd and haven’t heard anything .. feels like prison has anyone got accepted by nyu mfa studio art? I only see ppl who got rejection (no interview) or waitlisted. Why it’s taking so slowwwwww when i was waitlisted they let us know acceptances were already out. so if i had to guess all that’s left are the rejections/some extra waitlist if enough ppl elect to remove themselves from the waitlist. orangeorangecake 1
orangeorangecake Posted March 25 Posted March 25 1 hour ago, Boobaboo said: I also had an interview with nyu on march 3rd and haven’t heard anything .. feels like prison has anyone got accepted by nyu mfa studio art? I only see ppl who got rejection (no interview) or waitlisted. Why it’s taking so slowwwwww Maybe we're screwed? My applicant portal still says “Submitted.” Is it that hard to send out rejection letters? They should have sent them out sooner. Just like Oxford University—I received my rejection letter back in early February.
Boobaboo Posted March 25 Posted March 25 1 minute ago, orangeorangecake said: Maybe we're screwed? My applicant portal still says “Submitted.” Is it that hard to send out rejection letters? They should have sent them out sooner. Just like Oxford University—I received my rejection letter back in early February. Lol i know I’m just hoping that they’re sending out in batches and haven’t decided for ppl interviewed on march 3rd. I too have no updates on the portal orangeorangecake 1
orangeorangecake Posted March 25 Posted March 25 Whatever. I never liked NYU anyway. I went to a similar school for my undergrad. The business and engineering schools were the stars of the whole university, while other departments were neglected or underfunded. The place was full of finance bros and frat boys. They hype up their alumni network like it’s some kind of cult, but unless you end up on Wall Street or in Silicon Valley, those networks are completely useless. 4 minutes ago, Boobaboo said: Lol i know I’m just hoping that they’re sending out in batches and haven’t decided for ppl interviewed on march 3rd. I too have no updates on the portal SocialKonstruct 1
SocialKonstruct Posted March 25 Posted March 25 9 minutes ago, orangeorangecake said: Whatever. I never liked NYU anyway. I went to a similar school for my undergrad. The business and engineering schools were the stars of the whole university, while other departments were neglected or underfunded. The place was full of finance bros and frat boys. They hype up their alumni network like it’s some kind of cult, but unless you end up on Wall Street or in Silicon Valley, those networks are completely useless. I dislike NYU a lot too. Nice bookstore. In any case, here you go: https://www.cair-ny.org/news/1/13/25/cair-ny-condemns-nyus-collective-punishment-of-pro-palestine-students Why go to a school which suppresses freedom of speech? Headlessowl and orangeorangecake 2
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 26 Posted March 26 does anyone have any thoughts / can help me think through Pratt, MICA and Goldsmiths for painting?
aquacita Posted March 26 Posted March 26 (edited) 6 hours ago, artschoolfrenzy said: does anyone have any thoughts / can help me think through Pratt, MICA and Goldsmiths for painting? I've heard MICA is a really really good program especially for painting. UK schools like Goldsmiths are kind of elitist in the sense that its dominated by rich international kids who act poor for fun. Their program is also very self-directed compared to US schools. I would go with MICA. I'm also waiting to hear back from Pratt for sculpture but I got into MICA for Mount Royal as well as Goldsmiths but I think I would still prefer to go to MICA over Pratt Edited March 26 by aquacita missing info artschoolfrenzy 1
aquacita Posted March 26 Posted March 26 SAIC fiber vs Columbia sculpture or Cornell? I cant figure out where to go, or what the right fit is for me
marxista Posted March 26 Posted March 26 7 hours ago, aquacita said: SAIC fiber vs Columbia sculpture or Cornell? I cant figure out where to go, or what the right fit is for me avoid columbia
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now