Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

A quick update on my application timeline in case it helps:

SAIC - MFA in Design for Emerging Technologies (DET)
3/10 - Received unofficial acceptance email from chair
3/12 - Official portal update with decision letter(haven't seen financial aid related info yet; however, since I've already committed to RISD I probably won't reach out)

Aalto University - MA in New Media
3/3-  Received an invitation to the 2nd phase of admission. 2 assignments and an interview are required. 

Overall status:

RISD - D+M - accepted (committed)
SAIC - DET - accepted
PRATT - Interactive Art - pending (no interview)


Aalto - New Media Art - 2nd phase Invitation
KABK - Non Linear Narrative - pending
TU Delft - Design for Interaction - pending
DAE - Information Design - pending

If anyone has questions or just wants to connect, feel free to reach out/DM me.

Best of luck to everyone—hope you all get the exact results you're aiming for! 🤞✨

Posted

Accepted at Brooklyn College about an hour ago.  Glad to have the one offer.

 Interviewed at columbia, and no response, and waitlisted at hunter.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, noplace said:

Accepted at Brooklyn College about an hour ago.  Glad to have the one offer.

 Interviewed at columbia, and no response, and waitlisted at hunter.

Congrats!! I was also accepted to Brooklyn College today! Are you thinking of going?

Edited by szarh15
Posted

Hi, does anyone have any advice or experience with writing an appeal to receive more financial aid from schools?

I’m planning to send appeals to the financial aid offices, but I was also considering informally reaching out to the professors or program directors I’ve been in contact with since interviewing. I figured they might have some sway, since they have a more personal relationship with me and may want me in the program, rather than my appeal only going through the financial aid office.

Has anyone done this before? What were the results?

I’m not sure if it’s appropriate, but since they’ve asked if I have any questions or concerns that might prevent me from accepting the offer, I’m thinking this might be the right time to bring it up.

Posted
7 minutes ago, szarh15 said:

Congrats!! I was also accepted to Brooklyn College today! Are you thinking of going?

As of today, yes.  Have you been on campus or seen their studios?  That is something a bit concerned about; the studios.  I have not been or seen

Posted
10 minutes ago, noplace said:

As of today, yes.  Have you been on campus or seen their studios?  That is something a bit concerned about; the studios.  I have not been or seen

So I toured the campus back in November, but it was a quick tour of the art department because it was a tour mostly geared towards undergrad students. I didn't see much of the facilities but I did "sneak" into the MFA area and spoke with some of the current MFA students and they all said that the studio space was a good size and that the crits are super helpful. I also messaged some alumni from BC and asked their thoughts and almost everyone has said that they are happy they made the decision to go. Honestly, I really like the art that's been coming out of Brooklyn College for the last few years so that's a big draw! 

Posted
21 minutes ago, szarh15 said:

So I toured the campus back in November, but it was a quick tour of the art department because it was a tour mostly geared towards undergrad students. I didn't see much of the facilities but I did "sneak" into the MFA area and spoke with some of the current MFA students and they all said that the studio space was a good size and that the crits are super helpful. I also messaged some alumni from BC and asked their thoughts and almost everyone has said that they are happy they made the decision to go. Honestly, I really like the art that's been coming out of Brooklyn College for the last few years so that's a big draw! 

this is great to know thank you!!

Posted
42 minutes ago, Artart1212 said:

Has anyone heard anything from CalArts?

 

36 minutes ago, artschoolfrenzy said:

ive heard nothing! 

For what it's worth, I interviewed with CalArts in 2022. I got my interview notification on 2/21 and my offer on 3/7. If you're just waiting to hear back after an interview, you'll probably hear something soon unless their process has changed! I didn't have any doubts that I was accepted after interviewing with them though. The staff were quite direct. 

Posted

I'm turning down Columbia today (photo concentration). Couldn't make the finances work, but I hope someone gets more funding from them!

I'm on the Rutgers MFA waitlist — if anyone has turned them down or is planning to please let me know (would help the hope remain alive for this year!)

Posted
3 minutes ago, Yoasianguy said:

[Vent and Rant]: new dilemma when you're accepted to programs with equally good offers. Stressing out because I know I need to let the programs know asap so people in the waitlist can move forward... 🥲🥲🥲 

Where are you choosing between?

Posted
12 minutes ago, artdumpingground said:

Where are you choosing between?

UT Austin (38k fellowship, partial tuition, health insurance) and SUNY Buffalo (18k TA-ship, 20hr work week, full tuition, health insurance). 

Rejected from UC Davis lol

Posted
On 3/5/2026 at 2:21 PM, bubamara said:

If it is useful, I got acceptance offers as a painting applicant to UT Austin, Rutgers, and UGA. 

As someone on the Rutgers waitlist can I ask if you are planning to accept your spot there?

Posted
51 minutes ago, Yoasianguy said:

[Vent and Rant]: new dilemma when you're accepted to programs with equally good offers. Stressing out because I know I need to let the programs know asap so people in the waitlist can move forward... 🥲🥲🥲 

I'm in the same boat. Don't stress too much, and don't let a program pressure you to make a hasty decision! As long as you're taking whatever time you need to make the right decision for you, the problem of what happens to students on a school's waitlist isn't yours to own. 

Posted
1 hour ago, kindacoolartguy said:

Still no word from Berkeley?? haha Losing my mind over here

Did you do an interview with them? Someone here who interviewed said they were sending out decision that same week but this was weeks ago. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Emolibra97 said:

Did you do an interview with them? Someone here who interviewed said they were sending out decision that same week but this was weeks ago. 

Had my interview still under review 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use