mfa20262026 Posted March 7 Posted March 7 18 hours ago, newtremblingheart said: Alrighty... my results for this season.. Yale Photo: Rejected Bard Photo: Waitlisted RISD Photo: Waitlisted MassArt Photo: Informal Acceptance SAIC Photo: Acceptance w/ 60k merit scholarship Wondering if anyone has experience with being on either RISD or Bard's waitlists? I would assume the potential of being offered considerable financial aid after being pulled from the waitlist is slim... I have until March 15th before SAIC's scholarship offer is rescinded, so I will most likely be committing to their program (which was my second preference behind RISD before interviews and first preference after interviews, so it works out!). Is it worth it to reach out to both RISD and Bard to express my continued interest? With how small their cohort sizes tend to be, I'm not sure what to expect having been waitlisted. Also, does anyone know when MassArt normally sends out official offer letters/financial aid packages? I received a call from the program chair about a week after my interview notifying me that I had been accepted, haven't heard anything since.. and with the SAIC turnaround, I'm concerned I won't hear back before the 15th... Any advice would be helpful!!! When did you receive the merit scholarship? I called yesterday and they said I will get my package sometime next week?
ReamsOfPaper Posted March 7 Posted March 7 2 hours ago, dislekzo said: they answered the same to me I’ve never refreshed my email so much. I wish they’d release results lol
ceramics233 Posted March 7 Posted March 7 Does anybody know if SAIC has released acceptances for ceramics in particular? Should I be expecting rejection at this point?
RevolutionNowandForever Posted March 7 Posted March 7 I got an acceptance email today from VCU in painting. I have also been accepted at Sam Fox at WashU. Still waiting to hear back after interviews from CalArts, MICA, Pratt, Alfred. kittykitty 1
sillypersimmon.21 Posted March 8 Posted March 8 (edited) Just got my official acceptance into USC! Thought I'd give an update of where I'm at with all the programs in case that helps anyone with timelines: UOregon: nothing - assumed rejection UCSD: nothing - assumed rejection UMN: interviewed 1/26, waitlisted 2/10 UW-Seattle: interviewed 2/17 (verbal offer) - still waiting to hear back officially UCI: interviewed 2/18, invited to visit in-person - still waiting to hear back USC: interviewed 2/12, accepted 3/7 (nominated for awards, no clear amount, told I would hear "in the coming weeks") Syracuse: interviewed 2/5, accepted 2/27 (60% funded) UMich: interviewed 2/4, accepted 2/27 (TA + grants + fully funded) UIowa: interviewed 2/4, accepted 2/13 (Iowa arts fellowship + TA + fully funded) UTK: interviewed 1/21, accepted 2/4, rejected offer 2/16 Edited March 8 by sillypersimmon.21 Meepmorpmoop 1
marxista Posted March 8 Posted March 8 7 hours ago, mfa20262026 said: How much funding did they offer you? half tuition and said I could apply for paid positions for a stipend—I turned them down this morning since I heard from Bard (great NYC network without the high cost, but would still cost me 5k per summer) which I honestly prefer to Columbia. But still waiting on Hunter since that or RISD (full-merit fellowship) are my preferred route. brooklyn818 1
newtremblingheart Posted March 8 Posted March 8 8 hours ago, mfa20262026 said: When did you receive the merit scholarship? I called yesterday and they said I will get my package sometime next week? I received an informal notification about it a week or so prior to the official decision from a faculty member, but the full offer was included after my acceptance letter in the applicant portal. They held a financial aid Zoom earlier this week and from what I could gather, it seems they're still working through institutional financial aid packages. mfa20262026 1
L4mp Posted March 8 Posted March 8 2 hours ago, marxista said: half tuition and said I could apply for paid positions for a stipend—I turned them down this morning since I heard from Bard (great NYC network without the high cost, but would still cost me 5k per summer) which I honestly prefer to Columbia. But still waiting on Hunter since that or RISD (full-merit fellowship) are my preferred route. Hii do you mind sharing for which RISD program are you waiting for full scholarship:)?
kittykitty Posted March 8 Posted March 8 7 hours ago, RevolutionNowandForever said: I got an acceptance email today from VCU in painting. I have also been accepted at Sam Fox at WashU. Still waiting to hear back after interviews from CalArts, MICA, Pratt, Alfred. Did the acceptance from VCU mention funding? I interviewed last Friday and am waiting to hear back either way. I’m hoping all hope isn’t lost!
Hxxiani Posted March 9 Posted March 9 If I haven’t heard back from Columbia for painting does that mean I got rejected or waitlisted😭 I interviewed two weeks ago and I see that people are already hearing back:( noplace 1
Hxxiani Posted March 9 Posted March 9 On 3/7/2026 at 4:04 AM, marxista said: same!! Do you guys know if they have sent out all of their acceptance yet?? noplace 1
noplace Posted March 9 Posted March 9 27 minutes ago, Hxxiani said: If I haven’t heard back from Columbia for painting does that mean I got rejected or waitlisted😭 I interviewed two weeks ago and I see that people are already hearing back:( yes same i interviewed for painting at columbia on feb 27th and am wondering the same thing.
jobahza Posted March 9 Posted March 9 Any advice for strengthening my position on a waitlist? I got waitlisted at 2 schools, really want UMN, would be happy to go to UW Madison, would take caution to go to UArk due to the state politics, but liked the professors a lot.
noplace Posted March 9 Posted March 9 13 minutes ago, dislekzo said: Accepted to Hunter today! Email to check the portal What discipline?
Yoasianguy Posted March 9 Posted March 9 Got my acceptance from UT Austin today! Sending my luck and good vibes to those who are in the waitlist like I was! Cclaura, crash1996 and sillypersimmon.21 2 1
lefleur Posted March 9 Posted March 9 29 minutes ago, dislekzo said: studio art What do you mean by email to check the portal? Should I inquire with the MFA assistant?
dislekzo Posted March 9 Posted March 9 Just now, lefleur said: What do you mean by email to check the portal? Should I inquire with the MFA assistant? i received an email from admissions to check the update on my portal
ReamsOfPaper Posted March 9 Posted March 9 (edited) Accepted to Hunter in Studio Arts! So so thrilled. This has been my dream program for 6 years. Edited March 9 by ReamsOfPaper sillypersimmon.21 and brooklyn818 1 1
Hxxiani Posted March 9 Posted March 9 7 minutes ago, ReamsOfPaper said: Accepted to Hunter in Studio Arts! So so thrilled. This has been my dream program for 6 years. Congratulations!!! For what discipline? noplace 1
ReamsOfPaper Posted March 9 Posted March 9 33 minutes ago, Hxxiani said: Congratulations!!! For what discipline? Painting! I’m very excited. noplace 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now