realhumanperson Posted March 3 Posted March 3 Received an acceptance from UCLA's Design Media Arts today! Financial package forthcoming.
fafd Posted March 3 Posted March 3 (edited) 3 hours ago, dada123 said: Hi, thanks for sharing. I interviewed around the same time but haven’t heard back yet. Do you know if they tend to call everyone they accept early on, or can calls still go out a few weeks later? Which program? I had an interview with RISD at the beginning of the month and started to get a bit nervous after not hearing back for 4 weeks, especially after hearing other programs like GD and I believe Painting had received informal acceptances weeks ago. I sent an email to the head of the department yesterday to follow up on the status of my application, and they replied with an informal acceptance, saying the official notice with financial information will be going out on Friday. I therefore suspect they weren't necessarily planning on sending out informal acceptances, and I would have otherwise found out upon receiving the official notice through the portal had I not inquired. It seems like each program has very individual application timelines and methods of contacting successful applicants. Have you heard of other applicants in the program you applied to receiving any news? If not, I would reassure you that no news doesn't necessarily mean a rejection at this point. Edited March 3 by fafd
dada123 Posted March 3 Posted March 3 (edited) 5 minutes ago, fafd said: I had an interview with RISD at the beginning of the month for the FD program. I started to get a bit nervous after not hearing back for 4 weeks, especially after hearing other programs like GD and I believe Painting had received informal acceptances weeks ago. I sent an email to the head of the department yesterday to follow up on the status of my application. He quickly replied with an informal acceptance, saying the official notice with financial information will be going out on Friday. I therefore suspect they weren't necessarily planning on sending out informal acceptances, and I would have otherwise found out upon receiving the official notice through the portal had I not inquired. It seems like each program has very individual application timelines and methods of contacting successful applicants. Have you heard of other applicants in the program you applied to receiving any news? If not, I would reassure you that no news doesn't necessarily mean a rejection at this point. Thank you for writing, that’s really helpful to hear. It makes sense that each program might handle things differently. For Columbia specifically (Visual Arts), I’ve seen a couple of people mention receiving calls shortly after interviews, so I’m just trying to understand whether it’s still common for acceptances to come out a few weeks later, or if most of them tend to happen early on. Edited March 3 by dada123 courierstrocked and brooklyn818 2
Meepmorpmoop Posted March 3 Posted March 3 Just got into Pratt with a 22k/year scholarship. No interview even!!
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 3 Posted March 3 2 minutes ago, Meepmorpmoop said: Just got into Pratt with a 22k/year scholarship. No interview even!! congrats! what discipline?
Björk Posted March 3 Posted March 3 4 hours ago, trixienyxie said: does anyone else feel weird and icky negotiating a scholarship offer right now? im emailing back and forth with the director of my dream program because i can’t afford to go with my current offer. i feel like im coming across as ungrateful or rude 😭 talking about money is so hard. right now im at like 35% coverage and i asked for 75% even though i know it’s probably not possible. anyone else dealing with this rn? Yeah, it's a really uncomfortable process. In theory you only get to negotiate once, so it's best to give it your best shot now. You aren't the first one to negotiate, you won't be the last, and staff respect you more for putting in the effort. I also received the advice that if you really want to get into a program and really cannot afford it, consider making it work for the first year and immediately start telling the department you can't afford to continue beyond that. "It looks bad for the department to have students leave because they can't afford to stay" is what someone told me. This person went to one of those very expensive, very reputable programs, and they were able to get more funding for their second year. trixienyxie and szarh15 1 1
sillypersimmon.21 Posted March 3 Posted March 3 3 hours ago, artworkaholic said: Has UCI already sent offer emails? I haven't heard anything yet! Fingers crossed we hear soon! artworkaholic 1
lefleur Posted March 3 Posted March 3 9 minutes ago, ReamsOfPaper said: Any word from Hunter? I have not heard back from Hunter after interviews. Last year they notified the Tuesday a week after interview Saturday, which landed on March 4. We could get notices later today, tomorrow, or this week. I talked to one of the staff members and they said we should definitely know before open studios later this month. noplace 1
Emolibra97 Posted March 3 Posted March 3 1 hour ago, Björk said: Yeah, it's a really uncomfortable process. In theory you only get to negotiate once, so it's best to give it your best shot now. You aren't the first one to negotiate, you won't be the last, and staff respect you more for putting in the effort. I also received the advice that if you really want to get into a program and really cannot afford it, consider making it work for the first year and immediately start telling the department you can't afford to continue beyond that. "It looks bad for the department to have students leave because they can't afford to stay" is what someone told me. This person went to one of those very expensive, very reputable programs, and they were able to get more funding for their second year. This is solid advice!
Moodyapplier Posted March 3 Posted March 3 6 hours ago, trixienyxie said: does anyone else feel weird and icky negotiating a scholarship offer right now? im emailing back and forth with the director of my dream program because i can’t afford to go with my current offer. i feel like im coming across as ungrateful or rude 😭 talking about money is so hard. right now im at like 35% coverage and i asked for 75% even though i know it’s probably not possible. anyone else dealing with this rn? It does feel icky but what helped me is thinking about the logistics. For me a move from California to Boston is going to be expensive and once you consider how much debt you’ll accumulate through interest alone, it helps nudge you and put things into perspective. My best advice is it doesn’t hurt to ask. My mentors told me they’ve never heard of an offer being rescinded bc of asking for extra financial assistance. idk where you’re located or if you’re gonna have to move but that aspect and competitive offers, I hear, are most convincing. Moving somewhere else has a lot of considerations: travel expenses, insurance, brief pauses in employment, and more if you have a spouse/kids/animal relocating with you. trixienyxie 1
mfa20262026 Posted March 3 Posted March 3 Been seeing different reports on RISD. Has anyone who has interviewed for RISD photo heard anything back? I also saw something back two interviews. Is that the norm? If I only interviewed once is it over for me?
marxista Posted March 3 Posted March 3 20 minutes ago, mfa20262026 said: Been seeing different reports on RISD. Has anyone who has interviewed for RISD photo heard anything back? I also saw something back two interviews. Is that the norm? If I only interviewed once is it over for me? nooo they mentioned the second interview was for a particular fellowship but not related to admission
dislekzo Posted March 3 Posted March 3 3 hours ago, lefleur said: I have not heard back from Hunter after interviews. Last year they notified the Tuesday a week after interview Saturday, which landed on March 4. We could get notices later today, tomorrow, or this week. I talked to one of the staff members and they said we should definitely know before open studios later this month. I mean the open studios is only on the 14th, with that being said we can also hear from them next week… anxiety here is going crazy 😕 noplace 1
mfadoom Posted March 4 Posted March 4 accepted into Goldsmiths MFA today unsure if i can go bc international funding being the way it is but it's always nice to get a yes gdhopeful, nonbinarystarshine, orangeorangecake and 1 other 4
ferretpalace Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Waitlisted for Yale.... I'm happy but ugh this is going to make deciding so much harder!! sillypersimmon.21, nonbinarystarshine, WHam and 2 others 5
ninjafrog Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Does anyone get the result from MICA? They told me that the result will be came out after 2 weeks from my interview day, but I still haven't received anything...
dislekzo Posted March 4 Posted March 4 45 minutes ago, Indigoshale said: Anyone hear from Rutgers yet after the interview? I got an acceptance call on sunday after interviewing on friday nonbinarystarshine 1
nonbinarystarshine Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Is being told you'll hear back in 6-8 weeks after an interview a normal timeline? (Interviewed around Feb 20th) Just getting anxious and wasn't sure if that's standard. I know everywhere is different but I'm so restless over the ambiguity
salad13 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 23 hours ago, trixienyxie said: does anyone else feel weird and icky negotiating a scholarship offer right now? im emailing back and forth with the director of my dream program because i can’t afford to go with my current offer. i feel like im coming across as ungrateful or rude 😭 talking about money is so hard. right now im at like 35% coverage and i asked for 75% even though i know it’s probably not possible. anyone else dealing with this rn? yes 😭 I emailed asking about additional funding opportunities almost two weeks ago and haven't heard back. feels so weird trying to write a follow up but I feel like I have to at this point
NanBan Posted March 4 Posted March 4 I’m sure the answer is “rejected” but just putting it out there: if I did NOT get invited to interview with Bard (Painting), but I have NOT heard anything at all from them, I’m rejected—right? (it’s ok, I got in to saic and MassArt low res programs, I’m just trying to get the full picture of my options)
noplace Posted March 4 Posted March 4 has anyone who applied for visual arts/ painting drawing heard back from hunter or columbia after interview?
dada123 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 3 minutes ago, noplace said: has anyone who applied for visual arts/ painting drawing heard back from hunter or columbia after interview? Not yet.. when was your interview?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now